POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 01:02:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 640645
  • Total Topics: 48662
  • Online Today: 181
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Archived Forums are shutting down Feb. 8th  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
Archived Forums are shutting down Feb. 8th
« on: February 02, 2007, 04:16:23 PM »
For those of you that have been members of our forums since before May 31, 2006, you'll remember our "FuseTalk" forums (the previous software we used to run the forums).  They can still be found using the "Archived Forums" link in the left column of this page.

I goofed after the move to the new forums, in that I forgot to turn of FuseTalk's automatic archiving of threads older than 60 days in the "Fears of," "Living With," and "Off Topic" forums.  So they look empty, and you can't browse them.  However, everything from those forums is still searchable (because they've been archived).

That said, we're shutting down and deleting all of it IN ONE WEEK (February 8th). 

So, if you want to preserve any of your old posts on your own hard drive, you should use the FuseTalk search function (put your old username in the appropriate search field), and start cutting & pasting what you want to save.

You'll find threads going back to late 2003.  The forums launched in September, 2001 (I think), but I used to purge old threads to keep the database size under control (no longer a worry since the merger with POZ, and their seemingly endless storage capacity).

Happy final browsing of the old forums!  They were great while they lasted!

Peter Staley
Founder
AIDSmeds.com

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
Re: Archived Forums are shutting down Feb. 8th
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 04:29:02 PM »
You're not gonna get all tore up and emotional on us are ya? I know it was your firstborn. I am glad we are here now, I just miss a couple of our old emoticons...you know which ones. :-*
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 04:49:49 PM »
The FuseTalk forum began in September, 2002 and was the second incarnation of the AIDSmeds forums. :)

The original forum was one of those weird tree set-ups similar to the one on the Body, but even more primitive. Jody should remember them too. Internet forums sure have come a long way, baby!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 04:51:38 PM »

So long  "My Pink Underwear"

::)

RAB

(Who really misses the devil icon and yes  
They were great while they lasted!

Ya did good! )

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 04:56:06 PM »

LOL... and so long wax job, eh Rocky? ;D

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 05:15:12 PM »
The FuseTalk forum began in September, 2002 and was the second incarnation of the AIDSmeds forums. :)

The original forum was one of those weird tree set-ups similar to the one on the Body, but even more primitive. Jody should remember them too. Internet forums sure have come a long way, baby!

I stand corrected.  I just looked at some old tech emails, and our first forums were "Allaire Forums."  When we upgraded to FuseTalk, they had an Allaire import feature at the time, so we were able to keep the same accounts and prior threads/posts.

Just a little AM history!

Offline Jody

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 06:20:37 PM »
Yes Ann, I do remember the forums for about a year of so in our case prior to the Sept. 2002 change...Change is good but WE ARE NOT ABOUT TO FORGET ROCKY'S PINK UNDIES !!!  ;D

Jody -who ironically logged on to the forums for the first time after seeing an ad for Aidsmeds.com in POZ magazine)- so we can sometimes go full circle !!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 06:22:59 PM by Jody »
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 06:49:10 PM »
 :'(

Time marches on....

I miss the heart icon I used all the time, and I miss the rose and the 'drinks' too....they were a lot better than the smiley faces we have now (IMHO)

Goodbye "old" forums!  May you rest in peace......
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Nadine

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 06:59:30 PM »
WE ARE NOT ABOUT TO FORGET ROCKY'S PINK UNDIES !!!  ;D

Oh wow, some very good memories, that brought a smile to my face. 
Time moves on and things change.  We just have to roll with it.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 11:06:06 AM »
Hey Jody,

Do you remember who else was around back then? I think Ric Wilke was and of course Brandon, who still pops in occasionally. Is there anyone reading this who either posted with a different screen name or was lurking on the first forum? A lot of that year for me is ... vague, because I was so new to it all and a bit overwhelmed. I think one of your posts was the first I read on the forum and I remember initially thinking you were a woman - as in Jody Foster. (or was that wishful thinking? ::) LOL) I don't think we had avatars back then. Or smileys, for that matter.

The place really exploded when Peter gave us the FuseTalk software to play with, especially around the time of World AIDS Day 2002. We were struggling to get over the 500 member mark and suddenly we were up over 1000.

Remember Moaxie? I still miss him and wonder how he's doing.

And remember when we used to talk about having AIDSmeds reunions when we're old and grey - and chasing each other around the room on our walkers. Now that we have the AMGs, it just might happen one day. I'm going to have to make sure I get to one so we can reminisce in person.

Love ya bro!  :-*  ;)
Ann
xxx

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 11:12:54 AM »
I stand corrected. 

Peter darlin, you can sit if you like! ;D

Ann
xxx

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 11:16:10 AM »

It sure was different then.   Seemed like everyone was a lot closer.   I know I've changed for the worse....  I seemed so cheerful then..  

Reading some of them made me a little sad I will admit...  I wonder what ever happend to EM..  Jackie Blue..

Is Canuck still around, but under a different name?  

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 11:40:47 AM »
 It sure was different then.   Seemed like everyone was a lot closer.   I know I've changed for the worse....  I seemed so cheerful then..  

The more things change, the more they stay the same. These forums have gone through changes since forever. The membership is constantly changing, shifting, evolving. There have ALWAYS been spats and catfights and the occasional knock-down, drag out flame-wars. Probably always will be too, as it's simple human nature.

On the flip side, there's also ALWAYS been plenty of love and support here for the giving and taking. On the whole, the love and support has always been the predominate factor, otherwise I would have been outta here years ago.

There was also a time when people could post as "anonymous", without registering an account. Talk about flame wars - they were rampant back then. By comparison, this forum is extremely well behaved, courteous and safe.

Ann

And by the way - I can still count on one hand those members who were down-right nasty and horrible, but the beautiful souls, the caring, thoughtful and just plain lovely members... I lost count a few years back. (((group hug)))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 11:43:00 AM by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Catman

• Blessed with more than 9 lives! + since 1986
    • Who is the Catman?
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 11:55:19 AM »
I just went back and re-read them. I got nostalgic. I was new in May but the same persons who welcomed me sent me emails during the whole month. I saved those avatars because they represented those forum members who were there for me. I believe they are all still here! God bless them.
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end
of this dreadful disease...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.