Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Upset Tummy, Reyataz and Norvir

(1/1)

Pippet:
  :-X
I'm sure this has been covered, but I'm still new at using this website.  Are there any suggestions for over the counter (or prescription) meds to help with upset tummy caused by Truvada, Reyataz and Norvir.  I checked the many pills and liquids I have in my med. cabinet and all have some kind of interaction.

Thanks!

Christine:
Hi Pippet,
Call your doctor and talk to them. Most of the over the counter meds do interact with the hiv meds.

There are prescription meds that can be taken to help with nausea, that can be taken with the hiv meds.

Ginger can help also- ginger ale, or seeping a small piece of ginger in hot water for ginger tea. There is an acupressure point on the inside of the wrist, about an inch down from the wrist joint, in between the two tendons. Push and hold for two minutes.

Also, acupressure point on either side of the belly button, (right and left of belly button) push and hold for a few minutes.

Eating small meals throughout the day can help, trial and error on finding which foods can make the nausea worse or better. Better for me, is hard pretzels with glass of ginger ale.

Christine

Pippet:
Thanks Christine.
Helpful information, as always.

Take Care!

Robert:
 I take  my meds in the moring just as I'm beginning to eat my bowl of oatmeal fortified with a couple of tablespoons of flaxmeal.  It's seems to keep my stomach pretty regular.

egello:
thats the combo I take, try lots of yogurt, like two cups a day....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version