Main Forums > Living With HIV

PLEASE BUY THURSDAY'S NEW YORK TIMES

(1/3) > >>

Peter Staley:
As a member of NYC's Crystal Meth Working Group, I've been working on a full-page ad that will run in tomorrow's (Thursday's) New York Times -- the front section, and yes, the National edition.

I'm very proud of this ad, so I hope everyone will see it and discuss it.  Since it's an ad, it won't show up on nytimes.com, so buy a hard-copy of the paper.

However, there is a website that's associated with the ad, and I'll post a link to that site tomorrow in this thread.  In the mean time, if you want to see the other ad campaigns that the CMWG has produced, click here.

Peter Staley

NEW WEBSITE:

If you can't buy The Times, you can see a version of the ad at our new website, gaymeth.org.

On the home page, click the "See the New York Times ad" button in the lower right corner.

Please leave your comments about the ad on this new website, using the "SHOUT OUT" link.

Also, please consider signing the online version of the ad by clicking the "WHY SIGN ON?" link.

J.R.E.:
Hello,

I will by one, on the way home from work tomorrow mornng.

Thanks---Ray

manchesteruk:
Hi Peter,

I'm in the UK so unfortunately can't buy the paper but I thought you might be interested in this article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5079266.stm

It's been in the news all day today, Crystal Meth has just been re-classified in the UK to a class A drug alongside cocaine and heroin.

Chris

RAB:
Peter

--- Quote ---I'm very proud of this ad, so I hope everyone will see it and discuss it.
--- End quote ---

I'll make sure I get a copy and check out the ad.

BTW, I know what an important part in the battle with HIV this issue is and want to say your personal story and commitment to try and make a difference is something to be commended.

RAB

Jeff64:
I have never used the stuff....thank god.

I hope these ads make a difference.

Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version