POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 08:34:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 620461
  • Total Topics: 46751
  • Online Today: 191
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 163
Total: 165

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 2007 List of Oscar Nominations  (Read 1730 times)

Online Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
2007 List of Oscar Nominations
« on: January 23, 2007, 10:45:14 AM »
All I have seen is "Babel" (excellent!) and Devil Wears Prada.  Guess I need to go to the movies more.

List of Oscar nominations... click for longer listing

DISCUSS

Complete list of the 79th Annual Academy Award nominations announced Tuesday at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Beverly Hills, Calif.:

1. Best Picture: "Babel," "The Departed," "Letters From Iwo Jima," "Little Miss Sunshine," "The Queen."

2. Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio, "Blood Diamond"; Ryan Gosling, "Half Nelson"; Peter O'Toole, "Venus"; Will Smith, "The Pursuit of Happyness"; Forest Whitaker, "The Last King of Scotland."

3. Actress: Penelope Cruz, "Volver"; Judi Dench, "Notes on a Scandal"; Helen Mirren, "The Queen"; Meryl Streep, "The Devil Wears Prada"; Kate Winslet, "Little Children."

4. Supporting Actor: Alan Arkin, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Jackie Earle Haley, "Little Children"; Djimon Hounsou, "Blood Diamond"; Eddie Murphy, "Dreamgirls"; Mark Wahlberg, "The Departed."

5. Supporting Actress: Adriana Barraza, "Babel"; Cate Blanchett, "Notes on a Scandal"; Abigail Breslin, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Jennifer Hudson, "Dreamgirls"; Rinko Kikuchi, "Babel."

6. Directing: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, "Babel"; Martin Scorsese, "The Departed"; Clint Eastwood, "Letters From Iwo Jima"; Stephen Frears, "The Queen"; Paul Greengrass, "United 93."
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
Re: 2007 List of Oscar Nominations
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 11:14:33 AM »
I haven't seen any of the films but I am sure they are good. I am glad Beyonce was not nominated because she swears she is better than Ms. Jennifer Hudson. Jennifer Hudson worked hard to get the part and proved everyone she is great.

ALot of Latinos are nominated in the writing/directing/makeup/music and even acting. Go Latinos! It's about time.

I hope Leo wins best actor and Penelope wins actriz but I already know they ain't cause they are too cute to win.
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Online Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 11:17:08 AM »
Perhaps my reading skills are off today but what was Beyonce nominated for in this article?

edit:  sorry!  I see you said "not nominated" -- I didn't read "not" and I kept searching for her name everywhere and though I was developing dementia
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 11:19:14 AM by philly267 »
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline AlanBama

• 'class' of '87
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 12:08:11 PM »
I hope Jennifer Hudson wins best Supporting Actress.   She was fantastic in the role of Effie.
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 01:07:30 AM »
If Jennifer does get it, she should rub American Idols noses in it.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

The Royal Blog

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 07:19:24 AM »
I loved the departed and then  I saw Blood Diamond. Leo becomes a real grown up movie star. Our Borgart or Clark Gable. WOW! I loved him in Departed and thought he should win best supporting for that but everyone was fantastic in Departed,  He is the star of Blood Diamond and does what Jennifer did in Dreamgirls,blows you away with his presence. I thought Blood Diamond should have been up there for Best Pic.  Better than Clooney in Three Kings. Leo becomes a real hero movie star.
I liked Sunshine,but can't believe its up for Best Pic. Guess its because of the general low quality of movies this past year.

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 07:26:00 AM »
Of the best picture movies, I've only seen Babel and Little Miss Sunshine.  Babel was so-so and I loved Little Miss Sunshine.  For best actor, it must go to Forest Whitaker--he was excellent as Idi Amin, in fact he WAS Idi Amin--this actor is long overdue for recognition.  Will Smith, good, but don't know about the others since I didn't see those films.  I think Forest must get it.  For best actress, I can only weigh in on Meryl Streep, because she was very scary in that part and did a wonderful job, but Judi Dench is hard to beat--she is good in anything she does, though I haven't actually seen her in anything since I watched Mrs Henderson presents.  Jennifer Hudson should get the best supporting actress--I didn't see Dreamgirls, probably won't, but I still think she should get it.
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 08:48:09 AM »
I've seen Devil Wears Prada and Little Miss Sunshine, cute but not Oscar material. This is just a lame year
although Id be willing to bet Forrest Whittaker takes Best Actor, he could read a TV dinner package and get an Oscar.
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 08:53:48 AM »
Id be willing to bet Forrest Whittaker takes Best Actor, he could read a TV dinner package and get an Oscar.

Hear hear. Hope he gets it. Remember his work in The Crying Game ? Oh goodness. Superb acting

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 08:57:12 AM »
I used to like Forest,but he is terrible in the "shield" and I have turned on him. Whats up with his eye? JMO. You really have to see LEO in Blood Diamond. It will be a travesty if LEO doesnt get an O for either Departed or Blood. Of course Newman didnt get the O for either Butch or Sting,when he should have,and Cruise didnt get the O for Rainman,Jerry,or A few Good Men.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.