HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Relaxed But concerned

(1/2) > >>

actorslove2007:
Hi Guys,

I'm writing to you hoping i could get some confirmation.

My sexual encounter goes back to over 9 months, when i hired a GIRL. I gave her a rim job followed by unrotected fellatio.
Then we did it.......unfortunately we dint use a condom!!!!! it later struck me that i was a fool...

I had asked her about her status, but she confidently said she was safe & tested!! But i had my doubts.

well i did not test thus far, till about 8 months after the incident....cozi was scared as hell....but then i did...& it was a NEGATIVE!!!!

i'M A BIT RELAXED NOW, HOWEVER I HEARD OF LATE SEROCONVERSION!

cOULD U PLEASE TELL ME WHETHER I'M A CANDIDATE.....

THE TEST WAS AN ELISA SCREENING......NOW IT'S 9 MONTHS, I EVEN DID A dna pcr A WEEK AGO, OF WHICH THE RESULTS ARE NEGATIVE

pLEASE TELL ME WHERE I STAND.................

RapidRod:
You're negative.

Andy Velez:
As Rod has told you, you have reliably tested negative for HIV. The CDC is quite conservative with regard to testing and for sometime have accepted 13 weeks as a reliable such point.

The only exceptions are those who are IV drug users or someone with a severely depleted immune system such as someone being treated for cancer.

You were fortunate this time. Make sure that in the future everytime you have intercourse you use a condom. No exceptions, no matter what you think you know about your partner's history.

This time out you're ok.

Cheers,

actorslove2007:
Hey thanx for that response, so i really dun need to be worried even though the encounter i had was an unprotected one...........

I heard that unprotected sex carries a huge risk of hIV transmission....

well we din do anal though, it was only vaginal but for a long time!!!!  I'm really happy i've escaped & i plan to use condoms always in the future!!!

what about the various spins of late seroconversion or innapropriate sample collection....i mean these keep wandering i my mind, though i must say the tests i did were from recognsed laboratories suggested by my medico...

what other precautions could i take in the future so that i dun need to let my mind freak out?????

& is the 6 month post negative a sure shot result!!!!!!

RapidRod:
If you were one to fall into the class of late seroconversion. You wouldn't be asking you would have already known. You would be under treatment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version