HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

should i retest?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Im was almost in the same boat as you. tested negative 4.5 months past possible exposure around 4 months i developed some thrush and red spots in my mouth and tongue, my mouth was extremely dry and i was a nervous wreak, so i decided to take a test a week later and it was negativa via oraquick advance. I was questioning the results like you myself saying what if iam a late serconverting and so on.. but really when you think about it you didnt have a risk, your non-risk was confirmed by a conservative 3 month test.  stress/anexity is a terrible thing when its prolonged and it will weaken your body, you dont have hiv just focus on something else its not hiv.

sleeping_awake:

--- Quote from: avatar51 on June 14, 2006, 10:56:40 AM ---Im was almost in the same boat as you. tested negative 4.5 months past possible exposure around 4 months i developed some thrush and red spots in my mouth and tongue, my mouth was extremely dry and i was a nervous wreak, so i decided to take a test a week later and it was negativa via oraquick advance. I was questioning the results like you myself saying what if iam a late serconverting and so on.. but really when you think about it you didnt have a risk, your non-risk was confirmed by a conservative 3 month test.  stress/anexity is a terrible thing when its prolonged and it will weaken your body, you dont have hiv just focus on something else its not hiv.

--- End quote ---

im pretty convinced w/ the 3-month conclusive testing, but just a bit in limbo w/ the type of test done. it wasnt ELISA, it was a rapid test. i searched for my test results for this, and it reads "Test Kit Used: Serodia - Particle Agglutination HIV-1/HIV-2 = Non-Reactive". i've read sites and it is a rapid test.

so, that's actually where my concern mostly lies. is this a good test? i've read a post exactly regarding this type of test kit, and people said that ANY test would have picked up antibodies at the 13-week mark.

so now, im just calming myself down, and not thinking of what-if's. of course, re-testing w/ an ELISA is at the back of my mind but im trying to flush out the idea already.

thanks for your reply though. :)

cheers.

scotslassie:
In terms of labs making a mistake- They are subject to extreme scrutiny these labs. Any medical labs have to follow very strict procedure. I can imagine if they do anything wrong its a sackable offence.

Basically, they have peoples medical lives in their hnads. If they make a mistake or miss something they will not only be lialbe for a law suit, but also if the person were to die or be ill as aresult then they also will be u for manslaughter- Do you get me?

The lab didnt make a mistake

david25luvit:
Take a deep breath....freaking out won't help anything.
No.......I don't think you should.  You so ready to accept the fact that you
might be positive...why can't you accept you're NOT?

sleeping_awake:

--- Quote from: david25luvit on June 14, 2006, 11:44:44 AM ---Take a deep breath....freaking out won't help anything.
No.......I don't think you should.  You so ready to accept the fact that you
might be positive...why can't you accept you're NOT?

--- End quote ---

thanks. i was really happy weeks after i got the results (possible exposure Feb 11/12, blood extracted May 16, got results May 25) then i started paying attention again to the symptoms and now im freaking out again.

it's really hard to accept when you've got weird symptoms. i read posts of people freaking out even if they've tested 6 or 12 months after an exposure with advanced ELISAs.  i tested on a rapid test at 3 months, and i very much want to believe that. but w/ symptoms, it's really freaking hard. but ill try to make it through. thanks man.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version