HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

should i retest?

<< < (3/3)

Ann:
sleeping,

Whatever is going on with you physically, it has nothing to do with hiv because you have reliably tested negative. You need to go to your doctor to find out what is going on. It's the only way you'll find out. You can post on the internet all day long and you will not get a diagnosis of your physical ills. For that you must see a doctor face to face.

You are reliably hiv negative.

Ann

sleeping_awake:

--- Quote from: Ann on June 15, 2006, 04:48:31 AM ---sleeping,

Whatever is going on with you physically, it has nothing to do with hiv because you have reliably tested negative. You need to go to your doctor to find out what is going on. It's the only way you'll find out. You can post on the internet all day long and you will not get a diagnosis of your physical ills. For that you must see a doctor face to face.

You are reliably hiv negative.

Ann

--- End quote ---

thanks ann. the mind is a powerful thing that it can convince you otherwise despite proof. hundreds of posters are being told what you told me hundreds of times and i appreciate your patience in reminding everyone.

:) i know it's a red flag for you to do counseling but i think statements like what you said help calm our nerves with reassuring facts.

thanks again and i wish the best for you.

cheers

Andy Velez:
A PS for you. "It doesn't make sense"?

What doesn't make sense is for you to decide that your mind is a greater authority than the fact of a negative HIV test result. And that a no-risk incident will have given you HIV. That's what doesn't make any sense.

Thoughts and feelings are powerful and ought to be respected, but happily in this instance they do not trump the fact of a negative test result.

Cheers,

sleeping_awake:

--- Quote from: Andy Velez on June 15, 2006, 08:51:04 AM ---A PS for you. "It doesn't make sense"?

What doesn't make sense is for you to decide that your mind is a greater authority than the fact of a negative HIV test result. And that a no-risk incident will have given you HIV. That's what doesn't make any sense.

Thoughts and feelings are powerful and ought to be respected, but happily in this instance they do not trump the fact of a negative test result.

Cheers,

--- End quote ---

thanks andy. just so many what-if's that the mind can point to. i'll point it now to the negative test result :)

just to clarify, the risk incident that got me tested was not the kissing-with-cut-lips-and-mouth-sores incident, but sex with a sex worker 3 months prior to the test. condom was used for intercourse - didnt break as far as i know (checked after using), unprot. receptive oral, and kissing. = but im sure i'll get pounded again saying that i had no risk. :) hehe well, im just clarifying things.

:)

what will definitely tick me off is, if for instance i am diagnosed w/ candidiasis or something and then i tell the doc that i tested negative at 3 months, and he'll tell me "No, the window period is 6 months, you're still not cleared for hiv infection". sucks, coz in my country, it's still 6 months. :P bummer

anyway, cheers. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version