HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

should i retest?

(1/3) > >>

sleeping_awake:
it doesnt make sense. i have tested negative 93 days after possible exposure, but i have a red patch on my tongue, in the center, which really resembles erythematous (sp?) candidiasis. i know geographic tongue, and this is not geog. tongue. it does not migrate. the red denuded area covers up after two weeks and stays that way for a week and then gets denuded again on the same area - in the middle. the other "exposure" i had after that potential one is just really deep kissing w/ my gf who bites my lips causing cuts and sores.

i know 93 days is enough for 3 months and kissing is not really a risk for HIV but it doesnt make sense. i havent had this tongue symptom ever. i was tested w/ a rapid test... serodia or something like that. negative. non-reactive. is this rapid test good? infection from the kissing i had? absurd, right? i wanna rule out HIV but it seems hard w/ this symptom. recently had my CBC and all came back normal.

i know aidsmeds is firm in saying that 3 months is conclusive but what if it's not? i mean, what if people here stay calm after receiving a negative status at 3 months, but end up having HIV anyway coz of the slim chance that they may seroconvert late? and they go on w/ their lives not knowing that they are positive? i dont know, im sorry, i dont mean to be offensive, but it's just mind-boggling, mind-wrecking and heart-slicing to think of these things. there are still those who say that it's 6 months, blah blah blah. ah, i hate the paranoia!

i wanna end it now, i want peace of mind. hope anyone can shed light into my worries.

thanks

jkinatl2:
You had no risk.

I am sorry you choose to bring outdayed or inaccurate information here, and challenge us to dispute it. Perhaps someone else can do that research for you. This site, affiliated with Poz.com and Smart+Strong, is not only one of the most knowledgeable around, it is ALSO one of the more conservative of the scientifically quantifiable sites.

I submit that our data is not flawed, but your reasoning is. Most importantly, the reasoning that seems to indicate that you still believe you can get HIV through kissing.

I urge you to discuss this with a counselor. Your needs are way beyond the ability of this forum to assist you, I think.

RapidRod:
Unless you are an IV drug user, on chemo or immune suppressed. Then your three month test is conclusive and your signs and symptoms are not related to HIV.

sleeping_awake:

--- Quote from: jkinatl2 on June 14, 2006, 08:38:14 AM ---You had no risk.

I am sorry you choose to bring outdayed or inaccurate information here, and challenge us to dispute it. Perhaps someone else can do that research for you. This site, affiliated with Poz.com and Smart+Strong, is not only one of the most knowledgeable around, it is ALSO one of the more conservative of the scientifically quantifiable sites.

I submit that our data is not flawed, but your reasoning is. Most importantly, the reasoning that seems to indicate that you still believe you can get HIV through kissing.

I urge you to discuss this with a counselor. Your needs are way beyond the ability of this forum to assist you, I think.

--- End quote ---

yeah, i submit too that i am obssessing and letting my mind play nasty tricks on me. im sorry, i didnt mean to challenge anything.. it's just that sometimes people like me get so irrational and playing w/ all the "what if's" in the world because of fear. i've gone from "what if the rapid test i took is not reliable?" to "what if the lab technician missed out on my results?" to other what if's that drive me crazy. coz everyone around me (my friends, the official statement in my country, my friends who are doctors) are saying all sorts of things.

thanks for suggesting it, and i think i need at least someone, if not a counselor, to talk to regarding my fears and also a doctor regarding this tongue thing.

thanks again, and i wish you all the best.

cheers

sleeping_awake:

--- Quote from: RapidRod on June 14, 2006, 08:40:24 AM ---Unless you are an IV drug user, on chemo or immune suppressed. Then your three month test is conclusive and your signs and symptoms are not related to HIV.

--- End quote ---

thanks for sharing that. im not an IV drug user, nor on chemo, nor immune suppressed. not even diabetes as my normal CBC count shows (eventhough my grandmother has diabetes).

i will put this to rest.. prolly talk to someone to ease the worry and finally end the paranoia.

cheers to you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version