Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:03:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 222
Total: 224

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Sex experience with a sex worker days ago!  (Read 32130 times)

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: no anal no oral, still in fear of HIV, 2 weeks result
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2007, 02:23:54 pm »
Ditto to what Rod said.  EMPHATIC DITTO!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline bamboo

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2007, 09:59:12 am »
who is kekelow?

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2007, 10:28:37 am »
Amazingly if you google his name, he comes up as a worry wort just like you.
RIDE!!!

Offline bamboo

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2007, 10:34:22 am »
thanks, i found him in this forum, quite strange psot.

i went to another HIV support forum for addtional help, however, there was one guy name --KEKELOW, he tends to be very professional and post many medical terms online, i thought he is a doctor, since read this post in this forum, i got a idea  that not all experts online are realy experts, sometimes fake guys always around us.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2007, 11:07:50 am »
Now do you thinik this person is a professional? Really. I know what website you are talking about. I would listen to those over there and take their information with a grain of salt.

About KEKELOW:
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=6387.msg86653#msg86653

Now does that sound like someone that should be giving out any information?

Offline bamboo

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2007, 04:49:01 pm »
Thank you RapidROd.

i feel much better now, the guy who had sex contact with me, he got a Negative result today, and called me for the details.

well, I think i must trust him now, nobody would make a joke about HIV.

Once again, really thanks for your help, like Andy, Rapidrod, Ac..., 411, and others.

but, not ' fake experts' . i mean i hope people  only give the information online that they really understood and studied HIV/AIDS.

Copy and paste are not helpful, we can read it online, we need real experts here for intensive care about HIV issues.

i have backed to my normal school life already, i will still keep my eye on this website, wish all guys are negative.

THANKS.

BAMBOO

Offline bamboo

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2007, 01:57:38 pm »
Strange symptom again.

today is 27th day after infection , i got fever again, this time , i think my fever is under control, cos i had took jugs of hot water.

i am afraid i might have rash later.

Offline bamboo

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2007, 01:43:42 pm »
i went to the local redcross center for hiv test today, the nurse refused me, said test at 6 weeks mark is early, let me back to test at 12 weeks mark.

i said , american websites state 6 weeks is enough for antibody for most of people. she does not wanna take it.

i told her my all behaviour, she thought mini risk i have had.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2007, 02:02:48 pm »
Be glad she told you in a nice way.

Offline bamboo

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2007, 02:07:37 pm »
hello, RapidRod,

u mean she thinks i am Negative, so refused to draw my blood?

or 6 weeks is too early for my case?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2007, 02:31:57 pm »
You went for a free test and she was not going to waste a test on you testing at less than 3 months knowing you woulld be back.

Offline bamboo

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2007, 11:12:28 pm »
hi, Rapidrod.

sorry for bother u again .

from your knowledge, will you think ARS occur between day 7 and day 28? or between day 14 and 28 after infected?

Offline bamboo

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2007, 11:16:07 pm »
1. if someone currently experiences ARS, at the same time the antibody will show up and ELISA test can detect it in lab ? or must wait for a few days --weeks for enough antibody to be detected after ARS?

2. A healthy perosn after infected, he or she can have antibody much sooner than an unhealthy peron? i guess antibody means something protect your body from Virus, so healthy guys 's window period would be shorter ?

3. standard window period is 23 days , the info given on website. does it mean the time for ARS to occur or ARS already gone?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2007, 11:32:51 pm »
Why are you playing us and medhelp?

1. No, you have to give the body time to build up antibodies for the test to detect them
2. All person will show antibodies at different times. People that are on anti-rejection drugs, chemo, immune suppressed or IV drug users may take longer to produce enough antibodies to be detected.
3. Antibodies will start to develope 4-6 weeks after infection. To get a concluse test, test at 13 weeks.

Offline bamboo

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2007, 02:12:55 pm »
ANN.

i really like this website , you and other guys are very helpful indeed, such as Andy, rapidrod....

you always reply the message as soon as possible to comfort our anxious.

i read a message on medhelp today, there is gay boy said he performed a oral and protected anal with another man, after 8 days, he got rash and sore thorat something like great lump in his throat. i had same feeling throat when i was on day 8. i am in big stressful, that i could not do anyting .

call me pussy, i know i am very weak about all the mental issues.

the risk i had might be considered low risk, luckly, i got my partner ' test paper showed Negative on 18th Jan. but, the nurse told me this papper only can say he was negative before Oct.2006. i know during the window period, the transimission possiblity is very high.

the nurse did not tell me anything about sore throat symptom, i guess she only done the lab test with HIV + /- people, no actually experience on symptoms(ARS).

i need your comments. many thanks for your time.

Offline bamboo

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2007, 02:24:44 pm »
hi, Rapidrod.

when i see the post like other 's anxious about HIV, i always tell them they are ok, no risk, cos they had protected. or tested negative.

but, in my case, i could not think like this way, sometimes i hate internet, drives me crazy.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2007, 02:29:35 pm »
This is it. You never had a risk period. No further discussions here.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2007, 05:03:54 pm »
Bamboo,

If you hate the internet, then turn off you computer and go do something else.

You do not have hiv. You didn't have a risk. Stop PMing people to beg them to answer you again because the answers are not going to change.

If your body is bothering you, go see a doctor. There is nothing more we can do for you here.

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline bamboo

« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2007, 01:54:40 pm »
hi, everyone, now i am not going to talk about anything like my Risk, mini risk to no risk i had.
i would like to ask some questions regarding test and ARS.
i asked Dr.HHH today ( i think you know ) in medhelp, he pointed out
1. if someone experience ARS, the antibody test can detect the antibody during illness? or must wait for another weeks?
Yes, symptoms can start before the antibody test becomes positive. But in most cases it is positive, and your negative test in January was somewhat reassuring.
2. ARS timing? occuring on first week or at least 2 weeks later?
ARS symptoms typically begin 1-2 weeks after exposure
3. i am going to have a test today, 52 days. do you think would be reliable?
The test result at 7+ weeks (52 days) will be completely reliable, whether negative or positive. (I'm betting on negative!)
what do you think?

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2007, 02:29:18 pm »
Sounds good to me.
RIDE!!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2007, 03:15:07 pm »
Bamboo, your time is getting very limited here. Here is exactly what Dr. H told you today.
This is exactly what he said to you Bamboo now isn't it?
2/20/2006
Re-read my original reply. What don't you get about "You had a no-risk event", "Your symptoms are similar to those of HIV, but also to a large number of other viruses or other illnesses with identical symptoms" (all of which are much more common than HIV), and "You can expect a negative HIV test result"??? Do you really think that after 25 years of the AIDS epidemic worldwide, you're going to be the first person to acquire HIV this way?

Waiting for results may not be "nice", but what can I do about that? You are badly overreacting. Mellow out.

HHH, MD

I do believe you are done here on the AidsMeds forums.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2007, 03:25:34 pm »
Thanks Rod. 

Bamboo, you need to stop with this and seek the help of a mental health professional.
RIDE!!!

Offline liquidpaper

« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2007, 05:43:21 pm »
Hi, Bamboo...

I'm writing because I'm new in this forum and I've already seen you in the other at the body ... in which everybody, including myself once (http://www.thebody.com/cgi-bin/bbs/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=infected&Number=222100&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1), told you the same this people are telling you here...

You're seeing something as 'urgent' and forgetting about 'important'... and I think it's important to think why you're feeling this as: 'urgent'.

The kind of help you need exceeds all the help that can be found at any board. Even if your worries were based on being misinformed (does that word exist or am i just making it up? my english is... well, you'd probably already notice) all what's being told to you does not seem to change your situation... actually, the more info you get, the more you get it distorted... and that's because hiv is not you problem... 'being worried' about it it's just the manifest way of other conflicts... you should really focus on them.

I'm just going to say this one... you have not really listened to ANY (why would it be different with my opinion?), but you apperception of everything hiv-related make them look as a torture and you keep applying it religiously to your own self... yes, that's really healthy (--> irony).

As i can get form the name of your post "no anal, no oral (...)" you understand the word "NO"... then, why not applying it when you're told "NO RISK"?

--> SEEK SOME KIND OF PROFESSIONAL THAT WORKS ON MENTAL HEALTH <--

You know what, bamboo? At some point, everybody at these boards (who have already been patient and didactic) will get tired of trying to make you understand something that you may not be in condition of understanding right now (that's why you shold get mental health pro's help, to try to change what's making it sooo rigid)...

... and it's not us who are self-torturing... it is you.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2007, 05:51:58 pm »
Edited because I thought liquid was a worried well, and she's not.  I'll let others give her guidance as they did me.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 05:56:27 pm by ACinKC »
RIDE!!!

Offline bamboo

« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2007, 06:09:18 pm »
Thank you Liquidpaper.
i guess i have mental health problem. when i studied in the UK as an exchange student in 2004 i was sick as hell, weight loss, night fever..i thought i have AIDS, then i went to uni HIV clinic for the test, i even crying when i talking with the nurse, once she noticed i had condom used everytime, she said my risk is close to ZERO,of course negative result at that time. from that time, i promised myself to be a straight man, however i am 100% gay. last month, i told my dad i was sick with HIV risk and sexual orientation , he was very upset. I do know i need care from people, and sharing my emotional stories with others. i have no friends, actually on one would like to listen to my stories again and again, in fact most of people are very sensitive on this topic. Today in the test center, the nurse gave me a hug and said be strong, she is nearly 60 guess, just like my Mom.
i think almost everyone would be very anxious if he/she thinks HIV might his/her problem.
again, Thanks for the help from ANN, Acinkc,Rapidrod....you reply every post in time and comfort the people with all you can.

please do not block me, i really feel no where i can go till next Tuesday.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2007, 06:19:01 pm »
Bamboo,

You don't even listen to a warning.

I'm giving you a four week time out. Use this time to seek out the face-to-face help we cannot possibly give you.

Do not create a new account to get around your time out. If you do, I will know and you will be permanently banned, no questions asked.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline newbamboo

i got my result
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2007, 01:28:49 pm »
hello, everyone, i am bamboo, please allow me come back again.

i have got my result this evening, IT IS Negative.

Thanks for all your support, now, i understand protected SEX is very important, and handjobs , kissing, rimming, are Risk free.

Anyway, i will still come here to learn more SEX protection studies, i hope everyone can learn from your experience , and use protection as ANN said miillions times here.

Best wishes to ANN, RapidROd, Andy, and AC....., you guys are wonderful.

Bamboo :D

Offline newbamboo

Re: i got my result
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2007, 01:30:10 pm »
oh, i forgot to ask, 7 weeks + is very GOOD for most of cases if the test was Antibody +Antigin?

Offline ACinKC

Re: i got my result
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2007, 01:36:07 pm »
Bamboo.  You violated the Time out ann gave to you.  You need to move on and I think she will help you.
RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2007, 07:49:58 pm »
Bamboo,

I've merged your threads.

When I gave you your time out, I told you if you created a new account to get around your time out, you would be permanently banned, no questions asked.

Bye!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline bamboo

need your help!risk?
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2009, 07:44:13 am »
hi, everyone.
it is me again, i had post a info last Jan. thanks for Teak and other friends here.

i have made a stupid mistake this afternoon.

i slept with a boy, with unknown hiv status, he has very serious skin problem, tineamanuum and tineacruris. he performed a handjob to me and  at the same time he also touched his pre-cum.

his pre-cum spilt on my body.

we had docking as well.

possible to get HIV?

do i need a Hiv Test?

Thanks !

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2009, 08:42:09 am »
Bamboo, you've been coming around here long enough to know the rules. Don't start new threads. I've merged your latest one with your newest concern. You've also been coming here enough by now to know that the only real risk sexually for HIV is unprotected intercourse -- vaginal or anal.

Docking, mutual masturbation, rubbing, getting semen or precum on each other's bodies are absolutely NOT  risks for HIV transmission. Period.

There is no need for testing over this latest incident. Maybe it's time you re-read our lesson on Transmission. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section. Keep the condoms handy for intercourse and use one everytime if you have intercourse and you'll be well protected as far as HIV is concerned.
Andy Velez

Offline bamboo

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2009, 06:22:07 am »
hi, experts.

Please forgive me , i just wanna ask some questions regarding HIV Prevention.

1. as we know, quite many people understand the prevention rules , why so many new hiv poz people every year including those well educated people who are from Developed countires?

2. do you know any one got hiv besides unprotected intercourse/ blood accident?

Many thanks for your time.

Bamboo

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2009, 06:53:36 am »
You are working on time out number two.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2009, 07:59:23 am »
Bamboo,

You were banned from this website in February 2007. I don't know how it happened, but your ban expired somehow. I can't think of one good reason why I shouldn't reinstate the ban.

But seeing as we're just barely out of the holiday season, I'm feeling generous and I'll answer your questions. Be warned, if you keep coming back with no risk stuff, you'll find yourself banned once again - and I'll make CERTAIN it's permanent this time.

People continue to become infected because we're only human. Sometimes, in the heat of the moment, it's all too easy to not bother with a condom. It's called LIFE. Life is seldom black and white.

Sometimes people are born with hiv - when their mother either didn't know she was hiv positive or for some reason could not or would not access the meds that would have kept the baby hiv negative.

And sometimes people who share street-drug injecting equipment become infected.

Other than that, the only people I know of who are hiv positive got that way through unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Me included.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really, really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline bamboo

Sex experience with a sex worker days ago!
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2010, 12:03:07 am »
Hello, Dear experts.

I am not feeling well recent days due to i had kinda sex experience with a male sex worker.We had:

1. Frottage with some body  massage oil

2. Hugging

3. Mutual-masterbation

4. Italian

My question:

Do i need a HIV test?

Many thanks for your time!

Bamboo

Offline RapidRod

Re: Sex experience with a sex worker days ago!
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2010, 02:45:48 am »
You need to starting following the posting guidelines and return to your original thread.

Offline bamboo

« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2010, 02:52:14 am »
I am sorry , Rod.

I could not find my previous post, so i added a new one here. Will you please tell me the answer?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2010, 03:05:00 am »
Please keep all your thoughts questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

If you cannot find your original thread, please click the red link I have posted above. Alternatively you can use the "Show own posts" link which appears in the uppermost left hand column on any forum page.

Your questions will not be answered unless you return to your original thread.

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines.
MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2010, 06:30:24 am »
Bamboo,

I've merged your threads.

1. No risk

2. No risk

3. No risk

4. No risk

You've been repeatedly told that the only proven sexual risks for hiv infection are unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, yet you continue to come here with no risk stuff. You just don't listen to a thing you've been told.

You were permanently banned for creating a new account to get around a time out back in February 2007. The ban wasn't set up right and you came back in January 2009 and I let you, in the spirit of the holiday season.

This time around you're not going to be so lucky. If you learned anything in your three years of coming here, you wouldn't be asking such basic questions. You should know this stuff by now. It sounds to me like what you need is access to a mental health care therapist, not a website that only seems to serve to be a sounding board for your paranoia.

I'm reinstating your permanent ban. Please get the therapy you need.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.