POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 08:45:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 620346
  • Total Topics: 46738
  • Online Today: 216
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Homeopatic HGH - Please advice !  (Read 2139 times)

Offline panda

Homeopatic HGH - Please advice !
« on: March 23, 2007, 02:21:04 AM »
Hi  ALL , I read about this "Homepopatics HGH" comes in pills wich combined with 8 amino acid.. its sound very promessing, taking care of mucsle loss and nbone density , taking care of fat accumulation ... and its pills and all natural , i have added the below link , i would like to know if any one of you tried it and what do u think? should we try it ?

http://timertfoyoou.com/humangrowthhormone.php

Offline bobino

Re: Homeopatic HGH - Please advice !
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 09:37:49 PM »

Panda,

Okay, let me first say that I am not a doctor or scientist, and I have not tried this product.  Nevertheless, it appears to be some kind of supplement that is marketed as "homeopathic" human growth hormone, whatever that means. 

I would stay away from anything like this.  Note the disclaimer at the bottom of the page that says that the claims made in the ad have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.  Note also the statement that: "This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease."  So basically you have a product that (1) admittedly isn't true human growth hormone, (2) is completely unregulated in the United States by the F.D.A., and (3) is not intended to treat or cure any disease.  To me, it's nothing but snake oil, and I'd never waste my money on it.  Supplements like this exist in a legal grey area here in the U.S., and unlike drugs, they don't have to meet any standards, so you have no idea what you're taking.

If you think human growth hormone may help you, then discuss that with your doctor and get a prescription for the real thing.  At least then you will have the assurance that what you are taking is a medication that has been tested and certified as safe and efficacious for its intended use.  A person with a weakened immune system really should be careful about ingesting products about which almost nothing is known.

Just my two cents . . .

John
Suivons les rivières
Gardons les torrents
Restons en colère
Soyons vigilants

Offline panda

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 02:08:56 AM »
Hi Bobino,

Thanks for yor comment ,
Although I am not so sure I am negative about this idea... I think I will consult with my Dr. and I will show jim what is it made of.. if no reservation from his side, I might give it a try for a month and see, If it good as they says I will probably feel something ,,,, I want so bad to start exersice and give my leggs a at leat some volume but i think without hgh it wont be shown much of difference... and taking the "real thing" now ..not sure cause I am planning on getting pregnent...

Offline bobino

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 09:45:51 PM »

Panda,

If you're planning on getting pregnant, then that's all the more reason *not* to try something like this.  As I said, it's an unregulated supplement, and you won't be able to tell your doctor what's in it because the manufacturer is under no obligation to disclose that kind of information.  (At least not here in the U.S.  Things may be different in Israel.  I don't know.)  I think the possible risks to you and your baby aren't worth taking, since it's almost certain that this stuff is probably the equivalent of a sugar pill, and that's if you're lucky.

Note that a number of people in the U.S. have suffered adverse events from taking unregulated supplements.  There's just no way to tell with stuff like this.  I advise you to save your money and work with your doctor using medications that have proven their effectiveness.

John
Suivons les rivières
Gardons les torrents
Restons en colère
Soyons vigilants

Offline MitchMiller

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 11:37:52 PM »
Panda:

Studies of body builders have shown HGH to be of minimal value in building muscle... especially when compared to steroids.   High doses of HGH have been shown to strip fat.  If you want volume, my advice would be intensity, supersetting your legs to complete fatigue.  If you want weight gain, eat more.

Offline panda

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 01:48:32 AM »
u say eat more as if I didn't try this already , come on ! Don't u know that even if I eat all they the fat / weight wont go to the right places ? This wont do any good. The only way I thought I will be able to get some volume is for what I read here by taking HGH .

Offline risred1

• My Source for Supps - www.newyorkbuyersclub.org
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 03:56:58 AM »
Dear Panda,

So you realize this thing called Homeopathic HGH is not HGH but a trumped up marketing substance that is akin to snake oil? Right?

Once again Panda, even if you went on HGH, your going to need to build muscle. You need protein, (lots) and exercise. You can't get that in a pill. Even if you took steroids, you have to exercise those legs if you want something to happen. You might want to ride a bike, which I do, great results on the legs. Or In Line Skating, really works the thighs. (Have you seen speed skaters thighs?)

You can do it!
risred1 - hiv +
02/07 CD4 404 - 27% - VL 15k
10/07 CD4 484 - 31% - VL 45k
05/08 CD4 414 - 26% - VL 70k
01/09 CD4 365 - 23% - VL 65k
05/09 CD4 291 - 23% - VL 115k - Started Meds - Reyataz/Truvada
06/09 CD4 394 - ?% - VL 1200 - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
07/09 CD4 441 - ?% - VL 118 - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
09/09 CD4 375 - ?% - VL Undetectable - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
12/09 CD4 595 - ?% - VL Undetectable - VIT D 34 - Reyataz/Truvada/Norvir

Offline MitchMiller

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 08:54:21 PM »
Panda:

You say:  "I want so bad to start exersice and give my leggs a at leat some volume but i think without hgh it wont be shown much of difference..."
Believe me... it WILL make a huge difference without the HGH as long as you eat properly and put some real intensity into your exercise program... and, above all, be consistent and patient.  I've been exercising on a regular (about 4-6 times/weekly) for 25 years.  I've watched women come into the gym, and with patience, transform their physique.  But it takes time... about one year of dedication to complete the transformation.  This depends on your age, of course. 
I actually do use HGH... the real thing... but not for the gym... I am using it to boost my CD4 count.  Also, I'm "microdosing" it... which is to say I'm not looking for physical enhancement because my daily injection is really small.  It does seem to have boosted my CD4 after using it for over a year now. Without HGH, my CD4 had slowly risen over a 2 year period from 112 to 360, but then began dropping again.  At 280 I started the HGH.  My CD4 as of 3 months ago had reached 440... a record high for me!  I'll get another result in a couple weeks and hoping the trend continues until I real that "normal" range point of 500+.
I would NEVER take the pills.  The molecule for HGH is too big to survive the digestive tract and that is why the pills are a whoax.  It will take you all of 15 minutes of Internet research to verify this.  Please don't waste your precious $$$.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 09:18:40 PM »
Panda,

Homeopathy is a load of malarkey. Click here for the skinny on this notorious form of quackery.

Don't waste your shekels.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.