Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:44:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 223
Total: 223

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Condom Breakage  (Read 29752 times)

Offline brightside

Just after some information
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2007, 11:01:05 am »
Hi, I haven't posted on here for a while, so I hope everyobody is well and in good form. You guys do a great job, helping ease worried minds like mine. Keep up the good work. I just have one question about HIV/AIDS and related symptoms. Are skin lesions a symptom of AIDS rather than of HIV infection? And secondly at what stage of AIDS, i.e. after how many years do people get skin lesions if they remain untreated. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Brightside.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Question about symptoms
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2007, 11:03:04 am »
Go to the "Welcome" thread and read the lessons section.

Offline brightside

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2007, 11:34:41 am »
Ok, so a 'skin lesion' is actually a sign of 'Kaposi's Sarcoma' a cancer like disease that is classified as an opportunistic infection. Opportunitistic infections occur when the T4 cell count drops below 200. When the T4 cell count drops to this level then this is decribed as AIDS. Am I right? From the information I've accumulated the onset of AIDS takes usually between 7 and 10 years in an untreated HIV+ person. There is no strict time window for the onset of AIDS. Thanks for directing me to the lessons section Rod, I think I've learned more that way rather than just being told the answer to my question. I hopw what I've said is accurate.

Brightside.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2007, 11:40:58 am »
KS, like a lot of other disease are not specific to HIV infection. The classification of AIDS, is CD4 count <200 with an OI. KS, is not the prominent OI in aids classification. PCP by far is the top. Mine was Histoplasmosis, which is not that common and is only found in certain regions in the US. 

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2007, 11:43:48 am »
A skin lesion is not a definitive sign of KS, therefore it is also not a definitive sign of AIDS, therefore it is not a definitive sign of an HIV infection so you are not quite correct.

Here are some causes for skin lesions.  The sooner you stop focusing on HIV the sooner you can find out whats going on.

Acanthamoeba ... Skin lesions
Anthrax ... skin ulcer
Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia ... skin lesions
Bedsores ... skin ulcers
Behcet's Disease ... skin lesions
Bubonic plague ... blister at flea bite site
Burns ... skin blistering
Candidiasis ... small blisters
Cellulitis ... blisters
Cercarial dermatitis ... small blisters
Chickenpox ... itchy blisters, scabbing of blisters, blister-like rash
Connective tissue disorders ... blistered skin
Contact dermatitis ... skin blisters
Cutaneous Anthrax ... skin ulcer
Cutaneous diphtheria ... skin ulcer, infected skin lesions
Cutaneous mastocytosis ... skin lesions
Dermatitis ... blisters
Dermatitis herpetiformis ... blistering skin rash
Diabetes ... skin ulcers
Diphtheria ... infected skin lesions
Eczema ... blistered patches, blisters, weeping spots
Epidermolysis bullosa ... skin blistering
Erysipelas ... pus-filled blisters
Erythema multiforme ... blisters
Flea-borne diseases ... Skin lesions
Frostbite ... local blisters
Genital herpes ... blisters
Granuloma inguinale ... skin ulcers
Herpes gestationis ... Vesicular rash
HIV/AIDS ... skin lesions
Human adjuvant disease ... Skin lesions
Impetigo ... blisters
Incontinentia Pigmenti ... blistered skin, spiral lines of small fluid-filled blisters
Invasive group A Streptococcal disease ... Blisters
Kaposi's Sarcoma ... ulcerating spots
Leprosy ... symmetric skin lesions
Mastocytosis ... Skin lesions
Melioidosis ... skin pustules
Molluscum contagiosum ... skin lesions (painless wart-like bumps), irritated skin lesions
Mycosis fungoides ... skin ulcers
Necrotizing fasciitis ... blisters
Orf ... blisters
Pemphigus ... blisters, mucous membrane blisters, nasal blisters, skin ulcers, skin blisters
Pemphigus Foliaceus ... Blisters
Pemphigus Vulgaris ... Blisters
Phaeohyphomycosis ... Skin lesions
Plague ... blister at flea bite site
Porphyria ... skin blisters
Psoriasis ... skin blisters
Rickettsia ... Skin lesions
Scrub typhus ... skin lesion
Seronegative Arthritis ... skin lesions
Shingles ... semicircular one-sided skin blister rash, small yellow skin blisters, skin blisters
Sickle Cell Anemia ... skin ulcers
Skin Cancer ... skin ulcer
Stevens-Johnson Syndrome ... skin lesions (painful), skin blisters
Tinea ... blisters
Tuberous sclerosis ... skin lesions
Type 2 diabetes ... skin ulcers
Ulcerative colitis ... skin lesions
Vibrio vulnificus ... blistering skin lesions
Wegener's granulomatosis ... red skin lesions, purple skin lesions, skin ulcers, skin blisters
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2007, 12:38:01 pm »
Bright,

What part of "you didn't have a risk" don't you understand? If you don't believe our risk assessment, go test, collect your negative result and move on with your life.

If you'd bothered to read the Welcome thread like you've been repeatedly asked to, you would have read the following:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline brightside

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2007, 12:46:05 pm »
I myself do not have any skin lesions or indeed any physical reason to be worried about HIV infection. Much of the fear I have experienced in recent weeks has been allayed by the advice I have received on this forum. The question I ask is in no way motivated by any fear on my part. I merely ask this question to try to educate myslef as best I can with HIV/AIDS related issues and to satisfy my own curiosity. Surely one of the most dangerous (not to mention demoralising) things to come out of the entire HIV/AIDS epidemic is the ignorance and lack of knowledge expressed by those people that still shamefully consider this a taboo subject. By educating myself as best I can, I am trying not to be like one of those people. That is my only agenda. Thanks for the advice.

Brightside.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2007, 12:56:23 pm »
You are a self admitted hypochondriac and have come to these forums consistently with everything you find on your body.  So what you are saying NOW is you dont have a risk you want to talk about but you do want to waste the time of those of us on here who give advice researching all the possible WHAT IF THIS HAPPENED scenarios your little mind can think of?  Do I have that about right?

This forum is designed to try and help those who have valid concerns about situations THEY PERSONALLY were involved in.  I encourage you to seek more help for your OCD and anxiety and let us help those that need it instead of focusing on your what if scenarios!
RIDE!!!

Offline brightside

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2007, 01:15:36 pm »
That's not fair and let me say you are out of order for saying those things when you do not know me personally, but you are entitled to your own opinion, so I won't contest it or resort to petty squabbling. All I seek is information, not an argument. In the UK right now there is a campaign called 'comic relief' that attempts to raise money for the underprivilaged around the world particulalry African children suffering from HIV/AIDS. Recently myself and my nephew watched a documentary about this very subject. Ever since, he has been asking various questions about HIV/AIDS, many of which I have been able to answer due to the advice received on this forum. However, this latest question about lesions I could not find a definitive answer to, so I sought advice on this forum. No paranoia, no hypochondria, no ulterior motives. All I wish to do is educate an adolescent boy about these issues in a more factual way than I was at the same age. If you view this as a 'waste of time' as you describe then frankly you are the one with the tiny mind not me.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2007, 01:25:41 pm »
You posted this just 3 weeks ago.  "I went through similar anxieties with HIV a few years ago when I had a potentially riskier encounter with a girl I met abroad. I convinced myself then that I'd become infected with HIV and put my family under tremendous pressure with my anxious ways, even though they told me I'd be fine, which of course I was. Naturally I am keen not to repeat that and so I've had to keep this all to myself. I felt fine for the first 4-5 weeks after the incident in question but this last week or so I've felt not right and I'm worried its becuase I have become infected. This is why I enquired about the 6 week test."

So pardon me if I am coming off a bit harsh, but you have repeatedly said you have OCD, you are a hypochondriac and that you have unwarranted fears of being infected when no risk is present not to mention having tested reliably and conclusively negative.  It is probably not the healthiest thing for you mentally to be hyperfocusing on a disease.  If you want to learn all you can start with the Lessons then Move to the CDC website and aidsmap website and such.  You can read everything you need to know.  If you truly want to educate yourself do some of the work yourself, try not to come here and have us do it for you.  You will find this much more personally rewarding in the long run I am sure.
RIDE!!!

Offline brightside

« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2007, 01:40:32 pm »
Yes you are right, but as I said I only consulted this forum when I could not find a definitive answer to my nephew's question. The forum has been such a big help, I reckoned it to be my best bet for a clear 'no nonsence' answer to my question. OCD is a disease of the mind it is a mental health problem and in the UK is controlled by the govenment mental health act. When you say I have a tiny mind then you are poking fun at my condition and you are discriminating against me and that is totally out of order. I do not discrimitate against anyone on this forum for being HIV+ or possessing any other illness, disease or ailment for that matter. Forgive me for my rather bullish stance on this matter but you are only qualified to give advice on this forum regarding matters related to HIV/AIDS. That does not give you a licence to poke fun at the problems of others, and frankly someone in your position should know better. I do not wish to fall out with anybody on this forum, and I do not wish to argue with you but you were the first to display a confrontational attitude. I apologise if my postings have been exessive, but in my view every question I have asked in the last 3 hours has been valid and did not require such criticism.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2007, 02:04:27 pm »
My use of the term "little mind" was in no way directed at your OCD.  It was not meant as derogatory or to insult.  I can see how that would be taken that way and for that I shall try to watch my adjectives a little more closely.  I am not being confrontational I am just trying to make sure we can help those that need it.

RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2007, 02:22:40 pm »
Bright,

This forum is for hiv risk assessment and testing questions. It isn't designed for you to come to with questions pertaining to every little thing about hiv infection.

My earlier warning stands. Please take heed. There is nothing more we can do for you here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline brightside

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2007, 02:54:42 pm »
 Ann,
I empathise with what you are saying 100% I told your colleague in explicit terms that I was not worried about my own HIV status, that I didn't have any physical symptoms and that my only agenda was to find information. Despite this he/she repeatedly made mention of my OCD and hypochondria in his/her replies to my post despite my assurances that I wasn't being a hypochonriac over this issue. Let me remind you that I was in fact asking a question on behalf of someone else. He/She had no reason to bring up my OCD, other than to use it as ammunition against me or to use it as a convenient 'put down' to get their point across. So even if the 'little mind' quip was not intended to offend, they were still prepared to use my own difficult issues against me in order to gain the upper hand. He/She made a judgement of me and an presumption of my motives based on things I had said in the past despite my assurances that I was not obsessing over this issue. I apologise sincerely to those who's time I may have wasted on this forum, and you may think I am angered about nothing, but this isn't nothing to me. Some of those comments were below the belt and I will not be bullied in that way.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2007, 02:57:04 pm »
Nothing i said was below the belt.  I was simply pointing out the facts that you brought up.
RIDE!!!

Offline brightside

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2007, 03:03:33 pm »
That is not for you to say as the things you said were not directed at you they were directed at me. I'll judge whether they were offensive or not if they were directed at me thank you very much. You cannot deny you made repeated references to my OCD when it wasn't relevant to my posting. If you can't admit that then that is up to you. In my opinion your behaviour was harsh and offensive and not least unwarranted.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2007, 03:15:56 pm »
AC, bright,

Enough. This discussion ends here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline brightside

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2007, 03:20:53 pm »
My sentiments exactly. How do I delete / cancel my account?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2007, 03:25:25 pm »
bright,

Just stop posting and your thread will move down the page and disappear into obscurity within a day. We do not delete accounts.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline brightside

« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2007, 03:33:38 pm »
Thank you Ann, my decision is in no way a reflection of you personally or the forum in general. It has been a great help. Thank you.

Offline brightside

Condom Breakage
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2007, 05:01:05 am »
Hello all. Haven't used this service in a while. Hope eveyone is ok. I've recently landed a new job as a Physical Education teaching assistant in a high school. Due to my experiences, I've volunteered to teach some sex ed classes with the kids in the school. I have a couple of questions to ask. Does anyone know how rare or common condom breakage is? I've never had one break myself, so I do not know. the web is also full of conflicting information. Also, is it easy to tell if a condom has broken or split during intercourse. I've searched the web and some answers have said yes it is obvious because they break in a big way. These are my only questions and once answered I won't ask any more.

Kind regards

Brightside

Offline RapidRod

Re: Condom Breakage
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2007, 05:05:23 am »
Please keep all your questions and concerns in your orginal thread.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2007, 05:18:06 am »
bright,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Condoms, when used (and stored) correctly, rarely break. I've never had one break.

Please read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line. You'll learn everything you need to know there.

And by the way, I deleted the new account (Starsailor) you attempted to create today. Having multiple accounts is against our Terms of Membership which you agreed to when you became a member. This information is also contained within the Welcome Thread, which you should have read by now. So really, you have no excuse. Try to create a new account again and be banned.

Ann
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 05:19:44 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline brightside

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2007, 05:31:47 am »
My apologies. Didn't think I'd get a reply if I used my original account, hence the attempt at creating a new one. Thank you for the information, I know it will be invaluable. Stay well everyone.

Kind Regards

Brightside

Offline brightside

Awful Strep Throat
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2007, 04:25:41 pm »
Had protected sex with a sex worker 6 days ago, been feeling ill for the last 2 days, I have tonsilitis. Could this have come from my encounter with the sex worker and is it an early sign of ARS? How soon does ARS begin? I've heard that any symptoms earlier than 7-10 days are not ARS (www.medhelp.com), so could it be that the only thing I have caught from my date was tonsilitis?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2007, 05:23:16 pm »
Read the lessons on Transmission and testing (even if you have already read them previously).

There's a link to them in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

You've been around the block here enough times to know the answer to your question by now when you've had protected sex. Condoms provide very effective protection.

I'm unwilling to start another round of reassurances to you on this latest "event."

Frankly, you're just at the edge of getting timed out.

Andy Velez

Offline brightside

« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2007, 01:27:52 pm »
Ok I know I'm on the edge of getting timed out and I'll accept that if it happens. I also know I've drove a few people on here crazy for some time and I really am genuinely sorry. I'm an OCD sufferer and find it difficult to get rid of negative thoughts. As I explained I slept with a sex worker 15 days ago using a condom. Approximately 5-6 days after I had a really bad sore throat with white spots etc and within the last 2 days I've developed some red blotches / rash on my torso. I've had red blotches on my body for years but this is unusual all the same. I know I had protected sex but I don't know 100% if the condom broke. I mean I had no reason to think it did break so I didn't check, but then I've never had one break before so I don't know the difference. The lady put the condom on me and I'm nervous that she may have put it on incorrectly, which is stupid because she has probably done it a thousand times! I did not ejaculate so I feel the condom must have stayed intact. (1)What are the chances of becoming infected following a condom breakage? (2)Do I need a test? If I get  barred I'll accept it but please first answer my question.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2007, 01:40:57 pm »
You don't need to test for protected sex. If the condom would have failed you would have known it. End of discussion.

Offline brightside

« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2007, 01:51:32 pm »
Ok then RapidRod, Im going to take your advice and just try to get on with my life from this point onwards. Thank you for answering the question.

Kind regards

Brightside

Offline brightside

Re: Just a quick word
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2007, 06:31:36 pm »
Hello, I've been on this forum dozens of times with dozens of worries, all of which I guess were completely unfounded. I just wanted to say thank you to the moderators and anyone else that has taken the time to answer a question I have asked. It has been a huge help. For a long time I've felt like HIV has been chasing me, but I known now that I'm chasing HIV because I can't leave it alone. Everytime I have a sexual encounter,(which due to my paranoia are always safe) I convince myself there is something wrong. I haven't had unprotected sex since May 2006 and have tested negative since then. Every insertive sex since I've had since then I've used a condom. I know these condoms must have stayed intact too, becuase I now know that it wouldn't go unnoticed if they had split. I had protected sex with a sex worker 3 weeks ago and began to feel ill within 5 days. I still feel a little unwell and have some blotches on my chest but I know most of this is head stuff, probably brought on by my anxiety. I don't know what my symptoms are but I do know that I used a condom last time I had sex. What I'm saying is that I guess it's better to focus on the facts than speculate about uncertainties. I'm currently in two minds whether to get tested in 3 months just for peace of mind. I know I haven't had a risk recently but I'm not sure if it would be better to test and get this shit out of my head once and for all or just forget about it and not bother with a test and get on with my life. Any advice. I feel like such a bastard wasting valuable time asking question after question, but I'm seriously considering smashing my computer up so I can't 'research' symptoms anymore.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2007, 06:52:49 pm »
Bright,

You would do yourself more good by making an appointment with a counselor or therapist to learn how to deal with your anxieties. You know we can't do that for you here.

Sexual feelings, urges and activities are a natural part of adult life. Counseling can help you find the joy, rather than the anxiety, in this aspect of life. Do yourself a favour and get help working it all out.

Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection. Use them correctly and consistently and you will avoid hiv. Really.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline brightside

Worried Well Back
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2007, 07:02:39 pm »
Ok I know I hold the title of most paranoid 'worried well' on this forum and by now even I am starting to understand that my risks are pretty much non existent. You'll be pleased to know (I hope) that I'm taking Ann's advice by seeing a therapist soon to talk about my anxiety,  but some things are still troubling me. I had sex with a sex worker 4 weeks ago, used a condom no worries, but for the last 2 weeks I've had a rash on my body. There are 2 red blobs on my breastbone about 1cm width and then some redish discoulered areas below that where my breastbone finishes and stomach starts. I have 4-5 similar blotches on the inside of my left thigh and 1 blotch on my right thigh. Recently I've noticed some smaller red blotches around my pubic hair close to my penis (sorry to be so graphic). I'm reluctant to see my doctor as I only saw him 2 weeks ago to request some antibiotics for tonsilitis, which he didn't give me. He's not that helpful. I know you don't focus on symptoms here but I am nervous about this sudden rash on my body. I feel fine and am not having any other symptoms. Does ARS rash last 2 weeks? and is it accompanied by other symptoms? I know my risk assesment is non existent having used condoms but this is weird even for me!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2007, 08:29:03 pm »
Then you know, asking us about signs and symptoms won't do you any good.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2007, 09:52:38 pm »
bright,

We cannot diagnose your rash for you.

Make sure you read the Welcome Thread and take note of our forum posting guidelines - particularly the one about being timed out. Andy warned you about two weeks ago, and I'm warning you again. You won't get another warning.

Condoms prevent hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline brightside

« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2007, 04:46:19 pm »
How reliable is testing at 6 weeks? And before anyone has a go at me for posting on here, I'm not here for an argument I just want an answer to the question. I've had various different symptoms for 5 weeks now, the latest being 2 purple patches on my tongue. Don't know if this a symptom, but it's fucking weird all the same. My doctor is fucking useless, he won't even give me a course of antibiotics despite having pus in my tonsils for nearly 5 weeks. He has been equally quick to dismiss everything else I have mentioned to him so I just wanna get tested now. So is it worth doing it now, or shall I wait for 13 weeks?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2007, 05:05:31 pm »
Bright,

What part of "no risk" don't you understand? You used a condom, you didn't have a risk. No risk.

You've been repeatedly warned that if you persisted, you'd be given a time out. I'm giving you one now and it will last for four weeks. Use this time to seek out the face-to-face counseling you need to learn ways of dealing with your anxiety. We cannot help you with that here.

Do not attempt to create another new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned from these forums.

Ann
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 05:07:06 pm by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.