HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

The reson why I'm scared to find out my HIV status.

(1/7) > >>

maddeuwch:
ARMPIT RASH PANIC

Christ!!!!...I just copied and pasted for the first time....Cheers Ann. :)
........................................................................................................................................................

It's because I have no social support....I'll lose my job/my house and I'll have nobody to turn to and nowhere to go.

Sounds pathetic and sad,but I'm completely alone!

Ann:
Maddeuwich,

Are you seriously telling me that it's nine months later and you still haven't tested? What are you waiting for?

I've had a look through your old thread and I can't see where you ever said if you were top or bottom. If you were top, the odds are significantly in your favour of testing negative. Even if you were bottom, the odds are still in  your favour from a one-time incident.

You need to test and get it over with. Either way you need to know. If by chance you have become infected, it's not going to go away just because you haven't tested. And if you are negative, which you most likely are, then you're wasting your life worrying about something you don't have.

Don't wait until you're no longer scared to test, just go get it done!

Ann

Ann:
Madd,

Another thing... You're in the UK, right? I don't understand why you think a positive result will lose you your job and home. We are now protected from the point of diagnosis. It used to be that the Disabilities Act only protected you from the point of an aids diagnosis onward, but now it is from the point of testing positive for hiv.

If I can cope with a positive diagnosis here on the Rock, you can cope with it in the UK. (Wales, wasn't it?) No matter how you look at it, you've got SO much more to gain than lose by knowing your hiv status. And like I said, your chances of testing negative are very good. Stop torturing yourself with this and get tested. NOW.

Ann

maddeuwch:
Ummmm...yeah....errr...nine months...Hmmmmm....heh heh!

Because if I bury my head in the sand it means I get to keep my job/home etc etc.

I *know* it sounds stupid,but I really don't have anyone to turn to....

Oh...I  was both top and bottom...(hate to miss out on 50% of the action)...and the sex was very extreme.

Ann:
Madd,

I still don't understand why you think you would lose your home and job if you test positive. You do have rights. You can also test anonymously so no one but you and your doctor would know anyway.

Test. NOW.

Look at it this way. If by chance you are positive and you don't find out until you're very ill, then not only would you lose your job - simply by being to ill to work - you just might lose your life as well. Hiv infection, when caught in the early stages, can be very well managed for many, many years and you can carry on living the same life you do now.

But this discussion is purely academic at this point anyway. Chances are good that you are hiv negative and you're putting yourself through all this for absolutely no good reason.

Test. NOW. Get off the internet and ring your local GUM clinic. Make an appointment. NOW. No excuses, just DO IT.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version