Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

New Lab Results....

(1/1)

skeebo1969:

I received my lab results this morning .  This is my fourth set done since my diagnosis.  Shortly after my diagnosis my cd4's were 465 and vl was 10,400.  My doctor said it may be a few years before I have to go meds.  Three months later my labs were cd4's 585 vl 103,000.  My doctor did not seem to alarmed and said the vl could vary.  On my third set of labs my cd4's were 385 and vl was 234,000.  This was only 6 weeks later after my second lab draw.  My doctor said we could start meds right away or do one more in 6 weeks.  I wanted to wait, but I started to get myself prepared mentally for meds!   I figured when I got this set of labs back that it was definitely time!  This morning when my doctor came in she said you labs were very good!!  A little shocked I did not expect much better than before.  My cd4's this time 613 vl 98,000.  So we have decided to hold off on the meds for now and seeing what happens next.

I don't expect much...meaning i am definitely not getting my hopes up.  I am just grateful that for the next two months I will be med free.

Also Rasheen said to tell you all hi.  We are working on making our situation permanent.  Sorry to be so vague but we will fill you all in when we do what we gotta do.

Thomas

allopathicholistic:

--- Quote from: skeebo1969 on June 13, 2006, 12:13:51 AM ---I figured when I got this set of labs back that it was definitely time!  This morning when my doctor came in she said you labs were very good!!  A little shocked I did not expect much better than before.  My cd4's this time 613 vl 98,000.  

--- End quote ---

Thomas -Here's hoping for the best for you - i'm intrigued and will be following this

Alex

Robert:
Good numbers Thomas.

The virus is fickle, that's for sure.  Or maybe, just maybe, the virus is a little scared of Rasheen.  I mean, when Rasheen shows up, the virus backs off.  A coincidence?  I don't think so.

Hi to Rasheen!!

robert

sally:
In 1988 a doctor told me I had 6 months to a year to live. In January a kidney doctor told me I'd be on dialysis within 2 years-. Since then my kidney function has improved dramatically and she's not making any predictions. A couple of years ago I showed a doctor a funky nail and he said I had nail fungus. It turned out that the nail was just dead. It fell off a couple of weeks later and a healthy nail was underneath. A GI doctor told me my severe abdominal pain was caused by constipation. It turned out that I have colitis. I could go on and on. I'm sure you've got a great doctor but doctors make a lot of predictions and matter-of-fact statements that are just wrong. Anyway, don't get so freaked out about going on meds. I've been on every single HIV med except Fuzeon and one other that came out recently. I've been HIV+ for 24 years and I've never had a CD4 count above 400 since I was diagnosed in 1988. My nadir was 35. I've had relatively few problems with meds and have only had to go off a med once due to its potential negative impact on my kidneys. Not everyone has horror stories about meds and you'll probably live to a ripe old age.Cheer up!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version