Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:49:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 236
Total: 237

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: A couple of questions...  (Read 21519 times)

Offline unsure

A couple of questions...
« on: January 07, 2007, 12:03:39 pm »
Hello there,

Firstly i'd lik to say from reading your forums amongst others has provided me with some support over the last few months.

Here's my situation:

Gay male UK in a relationship never had unproteced anal sex.

JULY - AUGUST 2006
Gave unprotected Oral sex to an anonymous guy without ejaculation.

SEPTEMBER 11TH 2006
Hiv Antibody Test 1&2 as well as P24 (ALL NEGATIVE) 

OCTOBER 17TH 2006
Also had full STD sceen everything Negative
Decided to get vaccianted against HEP A&B

NOVEMBER 22ND 2006

JANUARY 2ND 2007

My problem is that since early October i have had swollen glands in my groin (CONFIRMED BY A DOCTOR) and now i think i have 2 swollen glands on the side of my neck and near my clavicle (Will speak to a doctor regarding these).

I'm not sure if i need anymore testing as if you take the last test from the 1st it's been 16 weeks.

Is HIV definately not my problem?

Many Thanks for any time you can spare

UNSURE

Offline RapidRod

Re: unsure & probably a litte mad
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 12:14:37 pm »
HIV is not the problem in the situation you've provided.

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 01:25:38 pm »
You definitively have tested negative for HIV.  You do not have HIV.  Keep those hands off your lymph nodes--poking and prodding them can make them swell.  Plus, swollen lymph nodes is by no means a specific symptom for HIV--a whole multitude of things can cause swollen lymph nodes.  The bottom line is:  HIV is definitely not your problem, but if you still have health concerns, go see a doctor to investigate what it may be.
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 04:40:18 pm »
unsure,

Are you aware that while it's rare to become infected with hiv through giving blowjobs, there are other STIs you can pick up this way. Check out this Aidmap article.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You are hiv negative - protect that by using condoms for intercourse.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline unsure

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 05:45:40 pm »
Hi All

Thanks for your responses.

Ann, hello i am aware of the possibility of other sti's that's why i had a full screening in october, sorry if i didn,t make this clear.

My worry was can i finally put this to bed or do i need further testing due to my supposed swolled glands which have not yet been confirmed by a doctor.

Is there a possibility of delayed seroconversion with P24 and antibody tests, especially the p24

Many Thanks for all your help

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 05:55:20 pm »
There's absolutely no reason to doubt the validity of your HIV test results. IF you were and IV drug user and/or had cancer and were being treated with chemo you would need to test out to 6 months.

Neither of those apply in your case and you have effectively ruled out HIV as an issue. Your risk level was very low to begin with so it's no surprise that you tested negative.

If you continue to have physical symptoms that are concerning you, discuss them with your doctor.

Andy Velez

Offline unsure

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 03:14:02 am »
Thanks for that!

I suppose i am a little ashamed of the incident as i regret this deeply and feel that i have put my relationship in jeopardy.

I still feel anxiety over this incident and have treid to move on and put this behind me, i have not let my partner perform oral sex on me sice this began and we dont have anal sex anymore, because i don't llike it mainaly.

Would it be safe to resume the normal sexual routine?

Sorry about these questions, i just don't want to put my partner at any risk.

Many Thanks.... Unsure

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 04:26:59 am »
Would it be safe to resume the normal sexual routine?

You have no reason not to.

Offline unsure

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 02:27:38 pm »
So would it be irrational say to have a test at 6-months?

How likely is a 16 week to change at 27?

Or is this just a waste of emotional energy?

Thanks - Unsure

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 03:41:36 pm »
You are at the point that not only are you wasting your time, but you are starting to waste my time. You are NEGATIVE. End of story. No more "what ifs" or "Buts."

Offline unsure

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 06:23:14 am »
Well i went to the GUM clinic here in the UK just to go through all my results, and check my glands.

The Doctor said that my glands were slightly swollen in my groin and neck, both sides.

She also said that she doesn't suspect HIV with the conclusively testing Negative and the fact that i have been stressed.

I think i will go to my GP and see if he can get to the bottom of this!

Still not 100% sure about having another HIV test at the beginning of march, my only sexual activity since i began this nightmarein September 2006 are Oral Sex with My boyfriend -  me giving him head and not the other way around, and Mutual Masturbation.

I know i am scared and all this is probably in my "Messed Up Head"

Offline unsure

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 03:00:18 pm »
Hello Andy / Rod  / Ann

Hope you are all well.

I'm not sure if this counts as a new thread my apologies if it does.

I was reading online about the Window Period for HIV and found this on the aidsmap website.

(A small number of people - probably one in a hundred of those who become infected - take more than two to three months to form antibodies, but it is highly unusual to take more than six months to form antibodies.)

I suppose i have three main questions

1. I was wondering if this 1 in a 100 would be an intravenous drug user or chemotherapy patient?

2. Is that 1 in a 100 statistic accurate?

3. If delayed seroconversion happened would this affect the results of a P24 test as i understand from the lessons that this tests for the Virus itself and not antbodies like an Elisa?

Again i apologise if i have gone about these the wrong way.

Many thanks for all your responses i really appreciate it you all taking the time.

Unsure

Offline unsure

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 03:45:29 am »
Hello All

Just wonering if anyone could answer the above?

Again my apologies if i have gone about this the wrong way.

Many Thanks

Unsure

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 07:13:21 am »
I don't do numbers, there is no reason for it. You test, you get your status result and that is it.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 07:13:46 am »
unsure,

Unless you are on cancer chemotherapy, taking anti-rejection drugs following organ transplant, have been injecting street drugs, every day, for years, you do not need to worry about delayed seroconversion.

I don't know about your p24 question - it is so rare that people take longer than six WEEKS to seroconvert that I don't think there's ever been a case to find out with. Normally, the p24 antigen is only detectable for the first few weeks and then disappears when the antibodies gain in number.

You are conclusively and reliably hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline unsure

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 08:34:56 am »
Once again thanks for all your time Ann / Andy / Rod  / Coffeechick.

I really appreciate all the responses.

Keep up this invaluable work.

Cheers Unsure

Offline unsure

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 04:19:59 am »
I'm sorry to come back here but i'm still a little freaked out after reading about window periods.

Is a 16 weeks negative conclusive let alone 12-13 weeks conclusive.

Should i retest at the 6 month mark? (Will it be negative like all my other tests)?

Once again i'm sorry but this damn window period and the difference in opinion is what's confusing me.

unsure?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 04:25:54 am »
If the 12/13 testing is conclusive, why would 16 weeks not be conclusive? You are conclusive unless you've had unprotected sex 6 weeks or less before you original test or you have had unprotected sex right after your blood test.

Offline unsure

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 04:37:05 am »
Thanks Rod!

I have not had uprotected anal sex ever! and Never will.

I have only had mutual masturbation and unprotected oral, me giving, this activity has only take place with my boyfriend (He's neg) since September.

I'm not really worried about this more worried that i could be one of the VERY small proportion that take longer to seroconvert.

My only risk was giving unprotected oral with a man of unknown status in July / August (Don't remember specific date but was definately before i started testing.

Just to clarify.

Many Thanks

Unsure

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 11:05:22 am »
The risk of giving oral, particularly if ejaculation did not occur, is very, very low.

Generally we don't even suggest testing to be necessary. If you have tested negative at more than 13 weeks after that incident then you can rely on that test result.

As far as your current bf is concerned, should you guys decide to dispense with condoms you should only do that if you both test negative together and are confident that you are both committed to a securely monogamous relationship.

Andy Velez

Offline unsure

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2007, 01:30:21 pm »
Thanks

I do appreciate all the time you moderators spend on answering all these questions.

I know that the recommended window period is 3 months and that i have tested up to 4 months
(All neg HIV Antigen p24 and Antiobody elisa) after a low risk incident, (Unprotected oral max 30 secs - no ejaculation).

What is really confusing is this window period? I know you stick by 3 months as does the UK GUM clinic.

I also know that symptoms are never an indicator of HIV.

However i cant shake this feeling that i need to test out to 6 months (Due to excessive internet surfing and swollen glands and now a rash on the palms of my hands).

I know i am not an IV drug user or a Chemotherapy patient but i read the CDC testing recommendations which state that 97% will test positive by 3 Months and some will need to test out to 6 months.

I have also read the various threads regrding people testing out to quite extensive periods afte the three months and the results being consistantly negative.

I appreciate that there are no guarantees in life all i want to do is put this behind me and move on.

Should i test at 6 months?

Many Thanks Unsure

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2007, 01:35:24 pm »
unsure go do what you want to do except post again. We've all told you that you are conclusively negative and there is nothing more to add.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2007, 01:42:27 pm »
What do you expect us to say differently to you? You're HIV negative. Period.

You really know that. Just because you're having thoughts and feelings that jangle you doesn't change that fact. Your negative test result is a fact. Feelings are not facts.

Test again at 6 months? It's totally unnecessary. You have to decide just how long you're going to hold on to this issue.
Andy Velez

Offline unsure

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 09:12:26 am »
Sorry i don't mean to upset anyone.

I just very scared, even though i tested out to 4 months things keep cropping up, like swollen glands and a rash on my palms of my hands, which i will see my GP about.

I know that a 6 month test is highly unlikely to change but it's probably fear and stress that is doing this to me.

I know i need to get a grip, but i find myself examining my body and the way i feel through the highly unlikely context of HIV.

Once again my apologies and thank for all the time you have spent answering my posts.

I wish you all the very best!

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 10:21:31 am »
Rash on the hands and/or soles of your feet is one symptom of Syphilis.  Which has a 3 month testing window, you should rule that out.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline unsure

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2007, 11:09:53 am »
Thanks Thanks ACinKC

I already had a full std screen (including Syphillis) just under 3 months from the uprotected oral incident, and this was negative.

I have also checked the rash on my palms against images online, it doesn't look the same however i do appreciate that symptoms can vary in their appearance in individuals. Plus i have had no symptoms of primary infection- again no guarantee.

I think if i test again for HIV i will test for Syphilis as well just to be on the safe side.

My main worry is that perhaps i might be a late seroconvertor. This is primarily because of the 6 month window period issue. I know this is not an issue on this forum and i know that there is differing information out there. However all i want to do is exhaust all avenues where HIV is concearned.

I do appreciate the time you have taken, once again many thanks.

Offline unsure

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2007, 11:29:18 am »
Just a quick question...

Could Stress delay seroconversion?

I know that excessive stess suppresses the immune system but what extent i'm not sure.

Many Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2007, 12:54:08 pm »
No stress will not delay seroconversion. You are NEGATIVE, you need to move on with your life.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2007, 12:58:37 pm »
There is no 6 month window.  Where does this shit come from?!  It is 13 weeks people!  13 WEEKS!
RIDE!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2007, 01:03:08 pm »
Stress can be expressed in a variety of bodily reactions.

But NO, it absolutely does not delay seroconversion. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline unsure

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2007, 12:41:56 pm »
Hello, me again!

I am currently waiting to see my GP over the rash and swollen glands.

I was just wondering if anyone had any answers to the following sorry if this is beyond the remit of this forum:

1. Does the rash that occurs with syphilis normally tingle, like pins and needles?

2. If it were syphilis would this STI alter the window period?

3. As i said i tested for syphilis at about 12 weeks give or take a few days would this provide an accurate result?

Many Thanks

Been meaning to say this for a while, Thanks to all the responses and especially to the moderators great work!, Ann i hope your house moving is resolved swiftly much love unsure.

Offline unsure

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2007, 12:43:55 pm »
Sorry there was a 4th question Duh!

4. I know that rash's vary from person to person, does the syphilis rash blanch when you apply pressure?

Again Thanks

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2007, 12:56:00 pm »
The syphilis rash is kind of like pins and needles at least for me.  If you apply pressure i want to say yes they sort of disappeared till the blood came back. The syphilis testing window is 3 months.  Same as HIV and it wont interfer with an HIV test.  So yes your 12 week test is accurate. 
RIDE!!!

Offline unsure

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2007, 01:48:23 pm »
Thanks foir that info!

Just one more question on the Syphilis topic, i have never had any sores, can syphillis skip the the primary phase and just show symptoms in the seconday phase only?

Many Thanks Unsure

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2007, 01:58:28 pm »
It did for me.  I had no sores I was aware of anywhere on my body.
RIDE!!!

Offline unsure

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2007, 02:54:54 pm »
Thanks ACinKC.

Theres always more questions, sorry!

Did you get a kind of numbness and sweaty palms as well as hands feeling hot and cold?

I am going to see my GP but i cold only get an appointment early next week, if he say's it's nothing i will probably go to my GUM clinic.

I'm a bit annoyed at the GUM clinic for not mentioning anything about a window period for syphilis, however seeing as i probably tested near to 12 weeks, perhaps they thought it would be ok.

If it were to be syphilis can my partner catch it from my palms? No broken skin on them.

Many Thanks all the very best to you all.....Unsure

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2007, 03:00:20 pm »
I cant really recall any numbness or hot and cold feeling.  I was extrememly fatigued and when I say EXTREMELY i mean i couldnt get on the computer to type like this if I wanted to.  As far as transmission of syphilis im not aware of all the ways it works.  You can get it from oral sex, and regular sex (counting anal in here) are the two ways I know of for sure.  I dont think she(sorry unsure)HE will catch it from your palms as my GF was living with me at the time and we were having protected sex and hand jobs and stuff like that and she never caught it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 03:12:35 pm by ACinKC »
RIDE!!!

Offline unsure

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2007, 03:09:17 pm »
I would like to say a personal 'BIG THANKK YOU' to ACinKC.

I really appreciate all the time you have spent answering these questions which are little off topic for a HIV forum.

I'm slightly reassured about the fact that i specifically dont feel unwel (Fatigued)l, however i will try to get to the bottom of this and test for Syphilis again if necessary.

Once again.....

Many Thanks & Much Love

By the way my partner is male, but made me giggle!

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2007, 04:20:02 pm »
Thanks foir that info!

Just one more question on the Syphilis topic, i have never had any sores, can syphillis skip the the primary phase and just show symptoms in the seconday phase only?

Many Thanks Unsure
One thing with syphilis is that someone can go through the primary phase and not really notice it.  Usually there is a chancre at the point where the virus enters your body, but again not everyone notices it and it isn't always outside the body, which makes it more difficult.  Many times when people notice it, it is when they enter the secondary stage and get the rash.  Also, syphilis is called the "great imitator" and can imitate other conditions.  Your test at 12 weeks should have covered you.  If you are still concerned about syphilis, you can have the doctor do a treponemal test (this actually looks for the organism itself) in addition to the standard screening test (RPR).  This test has varying sensitivities depending what stage you are in, but in the primary or secondary stage if you test negative at the proper times then then you are most likely really negative.  I do know some doctors who go ahead and order both types of tests to rule it out. 
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline unsure

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2007, 04:39:10 pm »
Hi Coffeechick

Not sure about what test they do here in the UK at GUM Clinics for an STI screen, however i do remember that they drew blood for this specific test, dont know if that helps. Or does anyone know?

I also think that i had the test just under 12 weeks afer unprotected oral no ejaculation, however like i said i will go and see my GP 1st and then go back to the GUM Clinic as well if i feel it's necessary. I think that's the best course of action.

Many Thanks.....Unsure

Offline unsure

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2007, 12:51:39 pm »
Hi All - just to update you.

Well went to my GP and he told me that there seemed nothing unusual on my hands just glanced at them and said no nothings wrong it didn't seem like he was that interested but what do i know i'm not a doctor, however i think i will still take another test for syphils just to be on the safe side.

I know that i dont need to test for HIV again but i think i will go for 6 month test for my own peace of mind. (Still scared though about the result)

I have also told my partner about the inident in July/August 06 and he's being very supportive, which i am very grateful for.

I have also asked to see a counsellor to deal with whatever the underlying issues.

Thanks for all your time and helpful responses..... Unsure

>:(

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2007, 01:00:42 pm »
Youre welcome and good luck.
RIDE!!!

Offline unsure

A couple of questions...
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2007, 04:37:11 am »
hello again...

This weekend i was at a party and ended up deep kissing a guy who later told me he was HIV+, now i know from the lessons that HIV is not passed on through kissing but i had a sore throat at the time and as far as i am aware there were no open cuts or abrasions in my mouth, but like most people i sometimes have cuts  and am not aware of them.

I have a couple of questions...

1. Does the sore throat have any bearing on transmission?

2. If so do i need to test over this incident?

Many thanks for your valuable time.

Offline RapidRod

Re: A couple of questions...
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2007, 04:47:55 am »
1. No
2. You do not need testing.

Read the lessons on transmission. You can find the link in the "Welcome" thread at the top of the page.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2007, 06:41:39 am »
un,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Saliva is not infectious and kissing is not a risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline unsure

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2007, 03:05:01 am »
My apologies about starting a new thread.

I have discussed the situation with my partner who has asked me to test over this and has definately brought up old fears.

I just wanted to ask a few more questions.....

With regards to the sore throat this was actually quite bad and my throat was really red and i threw up when i got home as i dont drink very often and cant handle alcohol does this alter any of your responses?

With regards to PEP would this be prescribed at all in this situation as i am still in the 72 hour window ( i dont think so just wanted to be sure)?

Many thanks for your time.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2007, 07:23:40 am »
un,

Saliva is not infectious and kissing is not a risk for hiv infection. You certainly do NOT need PEP for a no risk incident.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline unsure

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2007, 04:16:45 am »
Hello again.

Ok now i'm a bit nervous.

It's been just over 7 weeks since i deep kissed a HIV+ guy and i have had muscle aches in my lower legs for the past 1.5 days and last night i think i had a night sweat. Although i haven't noted a fever.

Also when i had the alleged nightsweat i woke up and then went back to sleep and woke up this morning with no sweating.

My symptoms as they are seem to have vanished today, no leg aches.

I'm trying to take on board that i have not had a risk but this doesn't stop me feeling nervous.

Is over 7 weeks to late for ARS? (Non-risk not withstanding)

Many Thanks

Unsure - who is getting annoyed with himself being nervous about a non-risk

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2007, 04:22:58 am »
You're just not dealing with the fact that you didn't have a risk. ARS if it happens at all, happens is 2-4 weeks post exposure.  Not 6,7, or 8 weeks. It takes an exposure which you didn't have. No exposure, no ARS.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2007, 04:25:31 am »
Un,

We have explained to you previously that kissing will not place you at risk of HIV infection, even if your sexual partner is HIV positive.

Any symptoms you might be experiencing are not related to HIV.

I draw your attention to our Welcome Thread and remind you that you will not be permitted to use the Forums as a place to obsess about no risk issues.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.