HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

How much do meds costs?

(1/7) > >>

toyoungtodie21:
college student here... I have done a few things I regret, but something recently has been bothering me. I have been having sex with this guy for a few weeks now. It's been going well, but recently he told me that he had cancer and that it was from having a weak immune system. He said it was hereditary but I'm afraid he might be HIV+ I am getting tested in a few days but even if I'm negative now, I might already be infected if he has it. He is a nice guy, I don't see how someone could knowingly give someone else HIV on purpose, that is just wrong. What should I do? I'm too young to die!

RapidRod:
Don't assume anything. You don't know if the person has HIV or not. Just because he has cancer doesn't make it, he's hiv positive.

411:
You don't report if it is unprotected or not but if it is unprotected then getting tested now then again at 13 weeks from the last time you had unprotected intercourse is necessary to determine your own status.

Your personal health is your responsibility, not some other person's and you need to come to grips with that. Inferring someone else's sexual health on the basis of what they say is not sufficient. The only really effective way to stay safe is to use condoms consistently for at least 3 months, get tested, and keep using them until such time that the relationship has matured enough so that both of you are committed to not having unprotected sex outside the relationship.

Don't presume anything from your partners statement. Get tested and go forward from there. If it's been unprotected intercourse then get tested again after 13 weeks has elapsed.

Ann:
too,

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann

toyoungtodie21:
Thanks for the feedback. I have learned from my mistakes. Weather the test results come back negative or positive this has defenitly made me more aware of the dangers of sex. It seems fun and harmless at first but afterwards its just not worth it. Man, it seems like the stress from not knowing is enough to kill you. lol. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version