HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Test for job

(1/2) > >>

Mymind:
Hello.

I have read all the posts concerning cunnlingus. As far as I know, you say it is a no risk activity. I have read all the facts in which you base to say it is zero risk. I do believe you.

Well, today I went requesting for a job. It's going to be a long process. One of the final stages is to go to a lab and to take a blood test. What they don't say is that it is to search for HIV. So here's the deal: my pa is in hospital and he needs blood transfusion. My brothers already gave a portion, the one missing is myself. So, tomorrow I'm going there to be drawn. I'm afraid of the result. But the main thing is that I want to know for sure my status before the company knows, thus mining me for requesting for other companies. By the way, it's an illegal practice what they do.

What worries me is what you know and what you avoid: yes, symptoms. I had symptoms concerning that cunnilingus incident to a bar stripper. I went down on her for about 5 minutes. I also performed rimming. After 5 days I developed fever and night sweats, pain in my joints, a feeling of wanting to sleep all day long, burning eyes, headaches and one day a hurt when looking at light. At ten days I developed a rash that didn't itch and was in my chest mainly. Then, 3 weeks after the incident a rash appeared once again on my chest, but now looking different from the former. It appeared when taking a bath. There was no fever or another complication. That's what worries me the most. Then it went in 2 weeks. It reappeared 2 months later. To be sincere, yes, it covered my chest, but mainly the left side heading the neck. I'm supposing by now you're going to say it has nothing to do with HIV. I hope so.

What should I expect? Rash is not a symptom, it's a sign. It can be measurable, observable. Stress related? Another virus related?

I just want to donate for my father's health and get a job myself.

I just finish telling you that tomorrow my blood will be drawn and analysed, so I'll know my status anyway. I hope it won't be reactive. Either way, I'll tell you how this story finishes.

Thanks.

RapidRod:
One, you can't be tested without a consent from you. NO one can release information about you without your consent. If all you are worried about is cunnilingus, you will not test positive for HIV from cunnilingus. You may test positive for other STDs that can kick your donation out. Symptoms or the lack of symptoms is no way to diagnosis HIV. You have to test in which in your case you don' t need to test, you weren't at risk. Just make sure you are using condoms for all anal and vaginal sex.

Ann:
My,

Going down on a woman is not a risk for hiv infection and neither is rimming. If that is the only sexual activity you have been involved in, there is no doubt in my mind that your test result will be negative.

If you have ever had unprotected intercourse with anyone, you do need to test. People other than sex workers may have hiv. Symptoms or even the lack of symptoms mean nothing when it come to hiv infection. Only a test will reliably inform you of your status.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Mymind:
Well, yes, all I have been involved is in cunnilingus and rimming, some fingering and kissing, but I know before hand they're not risky activities.

I had taken a test in September last year, resulting in a negative one. Since the cunnilingus incident I have not had any sexual activity, which ocurred in the same month I took the test.

By the way, the blood bank refused my blood due to having antibodies to brucella, cause I commented the doc I had salmonellosis in July last year. I asked if they ordered a HIV test; they didn't. Well, I have to seek out for it in another place, although you say testing is not even prescribed. Just to ease my mind is my say.

I thank you, Rod and Ann, and all the people working here. I really appreciate what you do for others. I pray for a cure.

Thanks. See you later.  ;)

Mymind:
Hello. I'm here again.

My new concern is about an intercourse I had with a sex worker. She put the condom on my penis and started to make a bj, that lasted for about 3 minutes and then I penetrated her with that same condom; the condom was midway penis, but still covered the tip, it never was off, I think it still covered good portion of my penis. It didn't breake and I'm not circumsized. The intercourse lasted for about 4 minutes.
My question is: is there any risk? I mean, becuase of the saliva of the fellatio and the use of the same condom for the intercourse and the half way it was. There really wasn't any deep penetration.
Thanks for your gentle answers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version