HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

good enough?

<< < (2/5) > >>

reassureme:
Hi, all experts:

I have this question regards hiv testing again, hopefully you guys inputs can reassure me again, thanks.

I have tested negative on 13 weeks and 5 days past potential exposure, I thought I would be alright and didnít think too much about this incident anymore, but yesterday, I developed severely sore throat after consumed some spicy food, consequently today I felt a little lymph node on the left side of my neck. I am freaked out again, and think about re-test in couple of days, could you please tell me what the chance of my test result turns out to be changed? Re-testing over this incident even warranted in your opinion? Please answering my question, I really really want forget about this incident and move on with my life. As far as I can tell I am a healthy guy, so I guess I could not fall into late serocovertion people category?

Thanks, for answering this very urgent question!

Darkfiber:
reassureme

You have been told by three of the most respected members of Aidsmeds that your 13 weeks test is conclusive.

If you have a sore thorat go to the doc or just wait 3 or 4 days and it will be over.

One thing is for sure, it's not HIV.

Regards

Darkfiber

reassureme:
Thanks for this quick reply.

My sore throat heal up quickly, but the lymph node on the left side of my neck still can be felt( swell) a little bit, like a pea size. THIS  is the reson why i freaked out about, because normally people don't get lymph node swollen eaisly. ???

By the way, Ann what do you think in my situation? Could you please give me some advice as well??

Thanks.

RapidRod:
First of all keep you hands and fingers off your lymph nodes or they will stay swollen. Yes, people without HIV do get swollen lymph nodes all time time. You tested negative so you know that your swollen nodes, if they are really swollen are not caused by HIV.

reassureme:
Thanks rapidrod:

So, gathered all the info here, means i don't really need that re-testing thing at all? O.K i think i just need not freaking out so much, right? Because 13 weeks and 5 days result are sufficient enough to reassure me my current status is NEGATIVE..

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version