HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

I dont now what to do next Where to go from here

(1/22) > >>

PARYS_uk:
Can somebody tell me something about this hiv tests .I have exposure in mid of August and 22 days layter tested in Uk GUM clinic with 2 tests Genscreen AntiGen-AntiBody Hiv1/2 Negative and Vitros Eci Antibody Hiv1/2 Negative. Tested again 2 months layter 90 days after exposure with the same tests and again Negative stil feeling sick nausea leg pain and others symptoms including constent cold or flue like symptoms .Can someebody tell me that thouse test are 3 generation or 4 generation tests .And they are good and accurate tests.

PARYS_uk:

--- Quote from: PARYS_uk on December 31, 2006, 03:14:48 PM ---Can somebody tell me something about this hiv tests .I have exposure in mid of August and 22 days layter tested in Uk GUM clinic with 2 tests Genscreen AntiGen-AntiBody Hiv1/2 Negative and Vitros Eci Antibody Hiv1/2 Negative. Tested again 2 months layter 90 days after exposure with the same tests and again Negative stil feeling sick nausea leg pain and others symptoms including constent cold or flue like symptoms .Can someebody tell me that thouse test are 3 generation or 4 generation tests .And they are good and accurate tests.

--- End quote ---

Andy Velez:
When you tested at 90 days the generation of the test was irrelevant. At 12-13 weeks after a possibly risky incident, any generation will give you an accurate result.

So you are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

Whatever is causing your symptoms has nothing to with HIV. Discuss your concerns with your doctor. You don't have to test any further or worry about HIV.

Just make sure that if you are having intercourse you always use a latex condom and you'll be fine as far as HIV is concerned in relation to sexual activities.

Cheers,

PARYS_uk:
I was reading your answers and you sound awake for me in hiv .
Im 28 years guy living in Uk.I have risky exposure on 15 of August .It was oral sex on me and vice versa without ejaculation we just play for 20 minutes and went to sleep.3 days layter hi told me hi is hiv+.Then i didn't have any contact with this guy anymore.I think 3 or 2 weeks layter i found some starnge thing on my thongue.I think 3 weeks after this exposure i went really sick night sweats fiver and very sore throat and very dry mouth and also my lymph noudes was very painful but never went swollen at all.I  said to myself this is it.I went to GUM  clinic 24 days after exposure.  to ask for Hiv test but Health Adviser said to me that to be sure and to get accurate result I need wait 3 months
I ask to have test done now as well as after 3 months .So they did 2 tests to me Can you tell me something about this tests 1 test Genscreen AntiGen-Antibody Hiv1/2  result came back NEGATIVE and 2nd was Vitros Eci AntiBody Hiv1/2 NEGATIVE as well.She said the first test is looking for some part of virus as well as for antibody she said its combination test.But she said to 100% sure I need to come back after 3 months to get accurate result.After 3 months of this exposure I went back to the clinic and they did the same tests and went back NEGATIVE.Im stil not right with my body I got sinus infection and feel nausea moust of the time Im feeling Im having every cold and flue witch is around .And I have legs pain back pain and my tongue its still not right my doctor said to me its not typical trush at all because she gave me some tablets for trush and they didn't help so she said it more like hairy or very lightly couted tongue.We are in January now and Im still not right feeling weak with legs pain constent cold and nausea  I dont now what to do.In GUM clinic they said that I dont need any futer Hiv testing if something is wrong with me I need to se my doctor at surgery.I have some cases of oral sex with some guys every time without ejaculation in my mouth no anal  but that was before this exposure so thouse tests should cover the past as well.

Can somebody tell me as well about False Negative what can make false negative results apart from having test to early  ,what illnes or medicines, can make your body to produce antibody witch can be decetded by tests longer than 3 months  I now only about hepatitis if you are infected in the same time with that and hiv it can take longer for your body to produce antibody for hiv and then Doctors advice to have another test after 6 months.Please somebody to answe me fo that question why for some people take more than 3 months to show positive 

RapidRod:
PARYS, you need to go to your doctor and ask about your symptoms. You have tested conclusively at 3 months negative. Whatever is going on with you it is not HIV related and you will need to see your doctor to see what's going on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version