HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Confused?

(1/25) > >>

ghostrider:
What is the deal with unprotected insertive oral with a prostitute? I have been on this site before and had one mind set that I wouldn't be infected in this manner and then you have all the others including the CDC claiming that studies have been done to prove that oral sex is still a risk. The main study I'm referring to is from a conference 1/30-2/2 2000, between the CDC and the Univ. of Calif. San Diego. I understand you can contract other STDs through this but is it really necessary to test for hiv if this is the only exposure? It lasted for about 2 min. and the only visible fluid was saliva, but isn't it possible blood could enter the opening if present. By the way the study was named the Options Project.

Thank you

Andy Velez:
Having someone perform oral on you is one of the most common sexual acts. In the entire 25 years + history of the epidemic there's never been a single documented case of transmission in this manner.

I feel I'm on safe ground when I say you aren't going to make history by becoming the first. As you have noted, other STDs can be transmitted orally. So if you're sexually active it's a good idea to regularly have a full STD panel done. At least annually and every six months is even better.

As far as getting a blowjob, you don't have to worry about it in relation to HIV. Period.

Cheers,

ghostrider:
Thank you Andy for your quick response. I won't get into all the what-ifs since I understand there is nothing that will change the outcome (blood, cuts, etc.) right? Also what is the deal with that study I quoted from the CDC, did anyone get a chance to see it?

ghostrider:
In regards to another incident (deep kissing/ getting oral) would anyone consider a swollen parotid gland (1 year now) and recurring welt/acne like spots, and dark spots under skin on arms in any way related to hiv? I have been told it's Dermatitis, Folliculitis, and the third Derm. said he really didn't know since it spreads itself to other skin it touches. If not related to hiv, if anyone has any info as to waht it could be I would really appreciate it. I'm giving up on the doctors since I get different answers. By the way the arms problem has been ongoing for over a year now. When I google search Folliculitis or swollen parotid gland of course hiv comes up as a possible cause. Is this how it is for everything or just what's  wrong with me. I did test at 88 days for these incidents and was told it was negative (didn't actually see the paper). Is that good? Or should I have looked at it, I think they shred the results when done.

ghostrider:
I should have been more clear as to exposures. The deep kissing/ oral was the one I tested for and now there is the other oral only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version