HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

What is the my risk of infection?

(1/3) > >>

njay:
Hey all,

let me explain

2 years ago i tested on HIV because my former girlfriend asked me to.
So i did and it was negative.

1.5 years ago i had sex with a girl, the sex happend 2 times and with no condom, 1 time i did come in her and the othertime i did not
it only lasted a fews mins both times.

what is my risk of infection?

RapidRod:
I take it you don't know anything of her sexual history? You had unprotected sex, so it will be necessary for you to test. It doesn't matter if you ejaculate or not. The only way to know your status is to test.

njay:
she only said she had sex unprotected with 1 guy.
so she wasn't that sexual active

Ann:
njay,

Anytime you have unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, you are putting yourself at risk for hiv and other sexually transmitted infections and you need to test.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

The ONLY way to know your hiv status is through testing.

Ann

njay:
thanks for the reply's.

i am having my test tommorow and will hear the results 30 mins later.

im going crazy at home and the time is going slower and slower, i called the hotline and the women tolled me that i do not need to worry and the risk of getting infected is very small.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version