POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 02:28:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 650161
  • Total Topics: 49630
  • Online Today: 192
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: ...And it was the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER !!! (More mushy holiday sentiment)  (Read 2289 times)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
OK.  Maybe not the best ever (guess the actual one with the manger would still hold that title), but it WAS a great one!  Yes, I have already done most of my Christmas hurrah for this year.  Most of the family is gone, but middle sister and her young-uns remain.  In fact, my nephew (Aiden- age 3) is running around with no pants on while holding a train car in his hands and 'zapping' everyone he sees with a flashlight!  The fun continues!  HA ! 

The holiday binge-fest was without equal!  Oh, my!  The food that I have eaten this evening...and continue to eat as space comes available.  Turkey, ham, dressing, beans, rolls, roast beef, casseroles galore...heck, there are dishes being put into the fridge now that I didn't even SEE the first time around!  And did I mention desserts?  I don't even have a count of how many pies, cakes, homemade candies and confections were (and still are) available.  The best of all is that Mama Duck was happy this evening...so everybody was happy!  LOL 

And prezzies?  Clothes aplenty ("You can never have too many hats, gloves or shoes..."), a new wallet (huzzah!), cologne...Most of all, this was the year of music.  I got GOBS of it.  Gobs,I say!  I'm trying to think what else...ain't that blessed?  When you've gotten so much STUFF that you can't even immediately recall what all you've gotten?  That's the place of grace I am coming from as I write this, folks. 

The celebration will have a wrap party for us when we all attend church in them morning (yes, even this heathen will dare cross the threshold-  LOL).  All in all, a great time that melted the heart of even this Grinch!

Happy holidays to all you folks!  Hope you each find a peace of joy, love and hope during this holiday!

Tim
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 11:36:57 PM by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Longislander

Re: ...And it was the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER !!! (More mushy holiday sentiment)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 11:49:36 PM »
Well, well , well.
For someone who professes to hate the holidays, I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed them so much this year!

Get a good nite's sleep so you don't walk into that church looking like something the police, er the cat dragged in!

I have the same hopes for you, buddy.

Love,
Paul
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Robert

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 01:05:21 AM »
tim....

if I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times...."ain't the holidays grand?"

Thanks for spreading the Christmas cheer.

robert

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 08:53:42 AM »
The celebration will have a wrap party for us when we all attend church in them morning (yes, even this heathen will dare cross the threshold-  LOL). 

Tim

LOL Tim, I hope you remember to wear your hard-hat when you go to church... you never know when that ceiling might do a number on your head! I never step foot into a church without mine! ;D

I'm glad you had such a lovely time.

Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Online Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 09:08:34 AM »
Tim, you sho' know how to have a good time!

Along with the hardhat that Ann recommended, can you bring food with you to church? I mean, just in case you have a medical emergency dessert deprivation attack? Seems reasonable to me. Just don't try to munch with your gloves on. Decorum, please.

Happy cheers,

Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 09:16:39 AM »
Tim, you sho' know how to have a good time!

Along with the hardhat that Ann recommended, can you bring food with you to church? I mean, just in case you have a medical emergency dessert deprivation attack? Seems reasonable to me. Just don't try to munch with your gloves on. Decorum, please.

Happy cheers,

Hehehehe... I watched a documentary on the Queen last night (the one who lives in Buckingham Palace, not anyone from here) and they said that when she had her coronation, some of the guys who had to be there all day in some fancy official ceremonial dress brought sandwiches tucked under their (fairly tall) hats, because the day was gonna be a long one without breaks for food. You may be able to fit a slice of pie under your hard hat and be a part of a fine British tradition! :D

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 01:51:53 PM »
UPDATE:  I made it home from church.  No thunder...no lightening...no fire....no brimstone.

And the Christmas miracles continue......
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Longislander

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 01:55:55 PM »
Thank God, huh? ;)
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline marco23

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 03:09:51 PM »
See, Tim..
Christmas always brings out the best in us, just makes our hearts go pitter patter.....New Year's however, is another story.
Don't hide your hurt, pain and feelings inside..for they will harden your heart.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
...And It Was THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER !!! (more mushy holiday sentiment)
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 03:26:11 PM »
Thank God, huh? ;)

Guess there can't be anyone to thank in that situation!  LOL

(Whew!  I made it!)

Actually, it was a whole lotta fun (even though I did get kinda put on the spot to sing again for my Dad).  I don't know how many more I might have with the folks (they're getting on up there...), so I gladly went.  I want to make sure I can say to myself that I gave it all I had to give in these circumstances.  Ya know...I think that might be why Christmas was so much more for me this year than usual- cuz I put that focus on it.  Whatever it was, it has turned to be really special.  Hope everyone here finds something so enjoyable in their own holiday experieinces.

Love you all

~Tim
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 03:27:54 PM by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2006, 12:17:06 AM »
Yes, I AM Supporting You!

Hey Tim...

AWESOME!

Don't You Dare Give Up, Don't You Dare Give In...Because It Is ALL Within YOU to WIN!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.