POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 07:36:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 643376
  • Total Topics: 48954
  • Online Today: 171
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Damn Im OLD!  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Teresa

Damn Im OLD!
« on: December 21, 2006, 09:07:17 PM »
I know Im getting "older" but today I really felt old! I will be 49 in a couple months..damn thats looks weird..I will be 49.

I went to the mailbox and guess what was in there...an application for AARP! I showed it to hubby and guess what he did..he busted out laughing...you see he is 6 yrs younger than me so he has a few years before he is "old". The first thing i thought of was that poem that Rod shared the other day...you know the one where the wife smacked the shit out of her husband!

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline tryingforhope

Re: Damn Im OLD!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 09:30:24 PM »
Teresa I turned 29 on Sunday and decided that I am getting old! Where does time go because I swear I can still be in high school! Look at the bright side, AARP has some good rates on things.... ;D

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 10:19:57 PM »
Teresa
when AARP sent the application to me (at age 49) I wrote on it " Send it when I'm 50 -- I'm not there yet!" I thought the poem was a riot--I'm bettin' you did NOT smack the sh*t out of your husband. Glad to see your spirits are Up!
Em

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 10:25:52 PM »
Teresa you just need to get a few of us gay boys in the same room as you and your husband.   We get a tag team going and, bingo!  Your 23 again....   Hay, me and Will are right behind you!!!   

Love and dentures...

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 10:59:41 PM »
Teresa,

Hush!  I'll be 51 in 9 days.  You're still a youngster.  For me 50 was nothing but at 51 I'll officially be in the second half century of my life, counting the numbers down  The odds of my living for another 50 years are probably slim, and my 87 year old father is not really enjoying his life any longer but the will to live is still pretty strong.

Wht's wrong with a slightly younger spouse?  The short age gap between the two of you is nothing to consider anyway.  As long as you both work together on a shared life and are content, even happy, you've got something to look forward to.
(oh, god was that an Eldon moment?)

Happy birthday!!

Boo
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 11:03:18 PM »
48 and fabulous Teresa  ;D  :-*  ;)  :)  8)

Have a drinky for me; Norvir evicted booze from my life  :D

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 11:18:25 PM »
Teresa... I only think you're old when you start acting old.  Namely, when you begin crocheting things and talking about "the war."  And you have to do these things at the same time.

As I have not seen anythhing in your post about "the Hun" or the lovely scarf you knitted for your daughter... I can only come to the conclusion that you are, in fact, not old.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline Eldon

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 12:58:50 AM »
Supporting You

Hey Teresa...

Here comes more wisdom!

Take care of YOU!

"Don't Give Up, Don't Give In... Cause it is ALL within you to WIN!"

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 02:19:06 AM »
Teresa... I only think you're old when you start acting old. 

If that's so I was in my early 50s by the age of 8.

BooR
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 01:44:38 PM »
Look on the plus side, you now get to use the AARP discount.

I think the hunt for Osama bin Laden should be turned over to AARP, they can find frickin' anybody over 50!!!

Happy Early Birthday,
Woods
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined Dec-2003 Living positive, since 1985.
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 02:52:15 PM »
Hello Teresa,

Whats the saying?... Your not getting older, your getting better !! ;) 

All my best((((hugs)))-----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune, Epzicom, 40mg of simvastatin, 12.5mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Metoprolol tartrate 25mg

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40802.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=45159.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39722.msg495621;topicseen#msg495621

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=46806.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39414.msg491701#msg491701

In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started my first  HAART regimen  on October 24th,03.

As of 8/2514,  t-cells are at 402, Viral load <40

Current % is at 11%

62 years young.

Offline marco23

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 03:10:17 PM »
You're not old!

You're like a fine wine, gets better with age.
Then you can't wait to be swallowed up!  :D
Don't hide your hurt, pain and feelings inside..for they will harden your heart.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 03:16:29 PM »
Ooooh!  The AARP magazine has some nifty crosswords!

And not to suggest that you are old by any stretch (49?  Puh-leeze...), but I love senior things just in general.  Senior people kick ass!  They are most often sweeter, smarter and can show you a good time just by their mere presence easier than most people in the rest of the population.  At least that has been my experience. 

~tim
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Christine

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 03:44:11 PM »
My husband and I went out to eat the other day. The restaurant had "vintage" toys hanging on one of the walls. My husband looked at the toys and said...cool, I love old toys. Then it dawned on him, that he had those "vintage" toys when he was little. You should have seen the look on his face, when he said....Hey, I got that toy for Christmas one year...

I have to admit, I laughed really hard...

I don't know what is more disturbing; getting older or realizing your getting older.

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2006, 03:51:38 PM »
I think it is the realizing.  When you get into your 30's, I think you can suddenly get a better 'fix' on your lifespan coordinates...at least on that span as it might be anticipated to be.  It can be kind of a jolt when it happens!  LOL
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Teresa

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 04:10:36 PM »
I guess getting older is alot better than the alternative...LOL  It just shocked me that I am "old" enough for AARP. I sure don't feel like it! Will have to check out the discounts....LOL

At least hubby got a good laugh out of it!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 04:14:28 PM »
I know Im getting "older" but today I really felt old! I will be 49 in a couple months..damn thats looks weird..I will be 49.

YEP.  YER OLD.

Offline marco23

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 04:22:34 PM »
Strayboy...
we must respect our elders!
Don't hide your hurt, pain and feelings inside..for they will harden your heart.

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 04:32:22 PM »
we must respect our elders!

I was.  You didn't see me arguing, did you? !?!  LOL

-joseph

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.