Main Forums > Living With HIV

new diagnosis: triple whammy?

<< < (2/3) > >>

david25luvit:
Welcome Calvin...

Though we have said it many times and in many ways WE ARE A FAMILY.  My heart goes out
to you having to deal with the loss of a dear BF.  Regardless of the reason, losing someone you love
sucks.  Please know that you are much welcomed and that your concerns and your thoughts are shared by
many here on the forum.  There's lots of information here but there's also alot of support.  Coming to terms with
your HIV status and all the things that go along with it does take time....Take a deep breath and live one day at
a time...for life begins a new every day.  Welcome my new friend :-*

Sdgirl:
Calvin,

Welcome..........I too am newly diagnosed and lost my boyfriend of three years.  It's a long road to acceptance, forgiveness and you need to allow yourself to feel whatever it is you need to feel.  Good, bad or indifferent, it is what you feel...........let it happen.

You have a found a warm blanket on a cold day here at these forums.  The people here are full of love, advice and a swift kick in the ass when you need one...........I think it's called a FAMILY.

Take care and if you need anything we are all here for you

Lisa

Teresa:
Hi Calvin

Welcome to the forums. Hubby was diagonsed last month also.
 You have come to the right place. The people here are wonderful. I dont know how i would have made thru this past few weeks without them.

Take care
Hugs
Teresa

aztecan:
Hey Calvin,
It is always bittersweet to welcome someone new. I'm glad you've found us and have joined in, but sorry for the diagnosis.

Now, take some deep breaths. Exhale slowly. All of this is really new to you, You don't have to have all the answers today, or tomorrow, or ever.

You have the important things already addressed: good doc, insurance, etc. Now, sit back and take care of yourself.

I have had plenty of people turn and run when they found out I was a possie. But many, many others have stuck by me. You are better off with mr. whateverhisnamewas. You don't need his negative energy in your life.

By the way, you're wrong, your life won't change. It already has changed. How will it turn out? Who knows? None of us know what the future holds for us, we just take it a day at a time.

I've been living with the bug for 21 years. If nothing else, it has taught me we have no guarantees. But we can use our energy to make the most of each day we have.

Take your time. Let us know how you're doing or feeling. Come here to rant and rave, ask questions, vent, whatever. That's what a family is for and we will be here for you.

HUGS,

Mark

otherplaces:

Calvin,

I probably can't offer you too much advice as I'm just months ahead of you. What I can say is you're not alone and that everything you wrote rang absolutely true with me.

I've thought alot about how HIV seems like a cruel joke. That in your search for love you instead get handed something that is to be sure to cut you off from love. But there's plenty of people on here and in the world who have found love with hiv. They're very beautiful stories. There is hope.

This article might help: http://www.poz.com/articles/431_2557.shtml

Take care and much love,
brian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version