POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 07:32:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 619880
  • Total Topics: 46699
  • Online Today: 258
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New here!  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Chiguy87

New here!
« on: December 19, 2006, 01:03:47 AM »
Hi Everyone! I'm 19 and its been 2 YRS and 18 Days since I tested + . I start my Meds tomorrow(Atripla). So I'm very nervous and going to need support here! OK? Anyway thank you for reading my post.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 01:38:18 AM by Chiguy87 »

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: New here!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 01:07:06 AM »
Hey!  I shall be your first reply!  Hello and welcome!  Support?  You got it!

Tim
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 01:17:36 AM »
Hey Chiguy87...

It is unfortunate that you have tested positive for HIV. However, you have come to the right place for support. You may wish to check out our lesson section of the site in order to give you a view of HIV.

In my own way, I wish to extend to you a WARM WELCOME here at the AM forums. Here you will find the encouragement, communication, understanding, support, some cries, some laughter, and many of your questions relating to HIV/AIDS answered.

Truly, it is a diffcult health situation to accept. However, it is strongly recommeneded that you Deal rather than Dwell on what has occured. This will help tremendously to cope with what has occured with your health.

The Handshake Of Reassurance

We have a great group of Real People who will listen as well as answer you. We are here to Encourage, Learn, and Help one another as we all walk on our journey in this life.

With the consideration of implementing a Positive Mental Attitude, it will also assist you on your journey in this life as well as having a Positive Impact on your immune system and your overall health.

In fact, through your Positive Mental Attitude, it will help you push forward through ALL of the obstacles on your path that you are now walking on.

Talking and sharing our experiences with other people helps us see that we are not the only ones with problems. Feel free to come and vent with whatever is on your mind from time-to-time.

Often the act of writing and the ability to “SEE” your feelings leads to therapeutic insights and solutions..

In the interim, you may want to start taking a multi-vitamin, and some Omega 3, because it is all up to YOU where YOU want to be.

Exercise at least three times per week for a minimum of 30 minutes per day, as this will do you good to help keep that unecessary stress away.

"Don't Give Up, Don't Give In... Cause it is ALL within you to WIN!"

Offline Chiguy87

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 01:32:31 AM »
Thank you Guys!

Offline suzieque

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 02:50:42 AM »

Hi and welcome!!!
          All the best to you for your first day of meds. They really are a lifesaver! Please stay in touch and feel free to ask any questions to me or anyone else, very happy to offer any support I can. I always take mine with a prayer of gratitude. I really feel that it helps my body to accept them more easily. Having been positive for 13 years I feel grateful for how far they have come! :)
              Best wishes and hugs to you,
                            Suzie

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 06:26:22 AM »
Welcome to the forums! We have lot's of posts here about Atripla which will help you to sort out what effects it may or may not have on you.  I just did one, in fact, to someone about the Sustiva in his triple drug (which is the only drug I share from Atripla).  Post away with your thoughts and we will answer as best we can. Best, Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Online Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 07:48:37 AM »
Welcome, Chi.

Good luck with your new regimen. Keep us posted on how that's going and on anything else you may want to discuss or ask about.

This is YOUR Forum as much as anyone else's so chime in!

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline aztecan

• 28 years positive, 56 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 07:52:18 AM »
Hey ChiGuy,
Welcome to the forums, glad you found us,

Good luck with your first day on meds. From what I understand, Atripla is a very good regimen and, the best part, its only once a day!

Let us know how you do.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline virgo71

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 07:52:47 AM »
I'm really new also and I'm taking Atripla. I was taking Truvada, Kalertra and Sustiva and Atripla is so much better for me personally. I take when I go to bed and that's it. I feel pretty blessed not to have side effects from it.

Good luck

Offline Teresa

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 08:08:56 AM »

Glad you found us. Good luck on starting Atripla. My hubby has been on Atripla since August. He takes it a couple of hours after he eats supper. He hasnt had any problems with it.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 10:56:15 AM »
Hello and welcome to our lovely community.  I am sure you will find this site is very informational, helpful and also loving and accepting of lots of different opinions.  This site will be what you make of it.  It can be dysfunctional and frustrating at times but mostly its warm and inviting.

Feel free to post as much or as little as you like about yourself at the time you feel it is appropriate.  I personally have put my entire life on this site and it has yet to bite back.  I consider this place a second family to me and love being here and sharing what I can with those I can.

Anyway…. Welcome, you have received my canned greeting deeming you WORTHY of further communication!!!

Andrew

And cause Eldon loves his handshake!  I present you the Exploding High Five of High Fivers!!!

LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline marco23

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 12:09:31 PM »
Hi there and welcome to the forum,
please keep us posted on how you're doing. When I first took my meds (Reyataz and Combivir) I was waiting for something to happen to me.........nothing happened. I was waiting for some kind of side effects at first I would get dizzy and sometimes lose my balance (maybe the beer also had something to do with it)  ;D , no, but they actually helped me get my energy back - they made me feel alive again.
Good luck, big hug and welcome again!
Don't hide your hurt, pain and feelings inside..for they will harden your heart.

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 12:42:04 PM »
Hey there Chi! Welcome to the forums...and good luck with your meds! We're for you if you need us!!

And don't worry...we don't bite, though me nibble just a bit!

Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 01:07:28 PM »

Welcome to the forums Chiguy!   Well right off the bat I know we share one thing in common....ATRIPLA!   I just started a little over a month ago.  The first night I took it I spent the night at my best friends house; the same friends house I spent the week at after my diagnosis.   My best friend and his wife watched as I took the first dose and we waited.... and waited... and waited.  Finally his wife went to bed, then my friend and I waited... and waited.   It was uneventful and today I am happy to say that I have not had any side effects what so ever (knock on wood).  The only thing to change is my daily water intake has increased, which is a good thing...lol.   

I am glad you found this site. It has been such a great source of information and support, which I am sure you will find out also.   I wish you the best of luck and look forward to hearing more from you.

Thomas
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Longislander

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 01:51:56 PM »
Hey Chiguy, welcome! All the best on the meds!

Paul
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.