Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

It hurts so much.............. Week 2

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lakis:
U have to believe in yourself, in power of positive thinking....make plans for ur future.And believe in them. U GONNA MAKE IT!!!
After 16 years with HIV I know what I'm talking about....just be strong :-)
Lakis

koi1:
Your reaction is natural.

And, It is not the end of the story, just the start of a new chapter. Remember that though it is different for everyone, as some of us adjust quicker and better than others, the road up ahead is not an easy one. But, the meds are on our side, being infected at a time when this condition is managable.

As far as disclosure, wait until you have calmed down a bit. You will be able to explain things better when your head is clear (should you choose to disclose).

Being newly diagnosed, there are a lot of what ifs in our heads now. But people here have promised me that if I follow my future treatment plan, things will get better. I believe them, their stories, their hopes and dreams...for they have walked in these shoes. Know that you still have a lot of good things to experience and you will put the pieces together.

rob

jordan:

Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis.  As mention in the previous posts....it's good that you found this forum which will provide great support and answer a plethora of questions.

There is hope and living with HIV is totally manageable. 

You are still the same person you were before the diagnosis.  The best advice I can give is to not live in fear. 

Stand up and make the decision to be happy and take charge of your life.  Negative emotions such as fear (false emotions appearing real), hate, and anxiety will only exacerbate the situation and block your healing.

Surrender to your Spirit.  I've said in previous posts....what worked for me is to operate under the philsophy as "business as usual."  Unless the person truly understands HIV, it's probably best that you don't disclose your status until you have equipped yourself to understand and explain your situation.

Until you reach that point in time you need to fake it until you make it. 

Peace,

Jordan

rick21007:
I was daignosed recently myself---3 weeks ago today as a matter of fact.  What has gotten me through these first weeks has been the things I a have learned being a person in recovery.  And most important of all that I can't make it by myself.  This forum has been a huge blessing in a lot of ways---feeling the support and encouragement of others who deal with hiv, feeling the comeraderie with others who are going through the same things, and just learning.

In real life I say my gratefuls every day for the supportive people in my life---some really skillful, compassionate doctors, my brother who lost his first lover to AIDS, and most of all to the man in my life who told me his love for me was stronger than the virus.

I said this elsewhere in a post, but I will say it again but this thought has really changed how I feel about having hiv.   I believe having hiv can bring out the best in each of us.  And I believe it can bring out the best in those we love.

There is an ancient Chinese story, the details I have forgotten, which illustrates the Taoist principle that what comes into our lives as a tragedy may be a blessing in disguise.

Un abrazzo grande!     Rick in Central Oregon

jordan:

--- Quote from: rick21007 on January 01, 2007, 11:43:04 AM ---There is an ancient Chinese story, the details I have forgotten, which illustrates the Taoist principle that what comes into our lives as a tragedy may be a blessing in disguise.

--- End quote ---

Rick:

Also sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis....it's sounds like you have a good attitude thanks to the work you've done in recovery.  :)

In Eastern philosophy (the princple you refer to in the quote) there must be an equally positive opportunity inherent in the challenge.  Here in the West, we say, "Every cloud has a silver lining."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version