HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Me very stupid...and very scared now

(1/1)

abhishek_j03:
15 days back i had an unprotected viganal sex with prostitute for one time and since the 9th day i had fatigue and headache for the last 5 days.I m not sure what to do now and very very scared about the infection as it looks like flu to me . I asked the girl about her status, and said that she is safe.Then i asked her to have the hiv test done. She has done the test today and will be getting the result by tommorow. I m very very scared right now and cannot even sleep in nights and always tensed thru out the days .I don't know what r my chances '??

abhishek_j03:
help needed,pls reply.

RapidRod:
It's harder to contract HIV from a woman, but it does happen. Test 12/13 weeks post possible exposure. You could have prevented this by using a condom.

Andy Velez:
First of all, you are responsible for your own health, not anyone whom you have sex with. So asking someone about their status or even seeing their HIV negative test result isn't going to fly here.

You had unprotected intercourse. That means YOU should get tested for HIV at 13 weeks past the most recent such incident.

HIV is not an easy virus to transmit. It's significantly harder to accomplish from female to male. But low risk is not the same as no risk, so you need to remember that when you have unprotected intercourse you are putting your life at risk. Wear a condom everytime you have intercourse, no matter whom it is with and you'll be fine as far as HIV is concerned.

With a single such incident as this the odds are very much in your favor against transmission having occured. But learn from this experience and get into the condom habit starting right now.

Cheers,

dixieman:
I would worry more about contracting herpes, hpv, hepatitus...a,b,c etc... than hiv... wait and get tested.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version