HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

(1/1)

bigcity:
Hey Experts,

I'm so glad you guys are around here to listen to our anxieties. I should have learned my lesson 6 months ago but I'm back on here again.

Yesterday I had an anonymous sexual encounter with a guy, I was the 'bottom'. I rolled the condom on his cock and lubed it up, didn't think about it again because I know this is very reliable protection. A little while into it I needed a break and pulled away only to see him with the condom in his hand! There was also some blood in the lube that had dripped to the floor.

I did not think about it too much yesterday, just got him another condom, but now I'm worried. This was a healthy young guy, but I know that does not mean anything.

Should I seek out the temporary drug cocktail right now?

Thank you again,

BigCity

Ann:
bigcity,

I split your post out of the topic you posted in - because asking questions in another person's thread makes it difficult to address your concerns and is also known as hijacking. (And I thought I changed the title to reflect your post but it didn't work...) Please read through the Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with our posting guidelines.

If you are uncertain as to whether or not this man entered you condomless, then it would probably be a good idea for you to see a doctor about possible PEP ("drug bomb" as you once referred to it) If you were injured during intercourse (the blood in the lube) it would increase your risk of infection through even through pre-cum if he didn't ejaculate while inside you.

You need to be seen by a doctor as soon as possible - the sooner PEP is initiated the better. Do not let it go longer than 72 hours, ideally no more than 48.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version