Main Forums > Living With HIV

Radio talk show request

(1/2) > >>

Oceanbeach:
Good Evening Forum Friends,

There is a low power Public Radio FM station here on the river.  They call it the Bridge, they broadcast from a church andf the rumor is the transmitter is nailed up to a Redwood tree.  The signal reach is not much more than 5 miles and they tend to play Big Band music from the 40's.

I live a little out of the broadcast signal reach but have heard them a few times and I like what they do on-air.  They are getting the funding and the permits to broadcast over the internet and I have been asked to think about producing a weekly talk show on HIV care and treatment issues.

I am wound up tighter than a mainspring right now with all the politics of the committees, the non-stop requests to volunteer for this and that and I kind of went ballistic in an Executive Committee meeting today, then I regrouped and had a very pleasant visit at Congresswoman Woolsey's staff in her local office.  I hand delivered some signed letters asking her support in reauthorizing an RWCA with sufficient funding.

The radio show decision does not have to made immediately so, I have time to think about format, write an outline, and borrow a production studio for a demo tape.  I had a show in Los Angeles for a couple of years so once I figure out what I want to do, the rest comes naturally.

First step is the introduction... What do you think of, "Thank you for turning me on"?  The show needs a name, how about some ideas?  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Lisa:
I think your idea is great.
How about "Thank-you for tuning into me."
Glad to hear that things are finally taking off for you. Go get'em baby!! ;D

Jeffreyj:
Name of show idea:   WE ALL HAVE AIDS..... I have that t-shirt in turns heads big time. This is a great thing you are doing! Way to go, and hell yeah....Give em HELL! Best of luck with it.

DingoBoi:
You have alot on your plate.  I don't know your goals or time available, but perhaps don't think in terms of producing a weekly show?   Maybe a bi-weekly or monthly show... or 'specials'.   

Oftentimes there's plenty of flexibility.

Jena:
Michael
 You already do so much honey! Don't wear yourself out, you have to have energy for things other than those related to Aids!
Hugs
Jena

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version