POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 02:56:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 639436
  • Total Topics: 48538
  • Online Today: 218
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Music Downloads  (Read 2226 times)

Offline JeffInNYC

Music Downloads
« on: September 02, 2006, 08:03:47 PM »
I hear so many are using itunes....but I was told you must use it with an ipod as the files are not mp3 files and cannot be used with another mp3 player.  Is this true?

Is itunes any good?  or is there another site thats even better to download music that has a vast library of choice?

I stopped using napster and limewire a long time ago since i dont want to get sued!

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: Music Downloads
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 08:14:17 PM »
Is itunes any good?  or is there another site thats even better to download music that has a vast library of choice?

Great question. I'll be following this thread cuz I wanna know too. From what I'm told limewire is superior to itunes in terms of 'vastness', but then again, like you said, the last thing you need is to get sued. perhaps songs/artists which are underground/more obscure (e.g., Marilyn) are accessible via itunes when pigs can fly (true? false? someone please answer. thanks)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 08:17:47 PM by allopathicholistic »

Offline whizzer

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 09:09:42 PM »
I love iTunes, but then, I have an iPod. 

There is iTunes the music store and iTunes the music/photo/video management software.  You have to use the iTunes program to purchase from the iTunes music store.

Songs imported into Itunes software from other sources, such as CDs  can be imported in  any format, .wav, .mp3, .aac, among others, and converted and exported to a device or burned to CD in any format you choose, except .wma files.

Songs purchased from iTunes music store can be burned onto CDs or exported as .mp3s to other devices.  It is easier to export to an iPod, though, because the transfer is automatic each time you connect your iPod.  With other devices the files have to be converted and manually transferred.

iPods and iTunes are completely incompatible with Windows Media Player files, however.  There is no conversion in either direction that is available, to my knowledge.

iTunes works best with an iPod.  But then, why would you want another kind of player?

There seems to be a very wide selection at the iTunes music store.  More than I care to sort through, in fact.

I am no expert on this, that's for sure.  But I hope this helps

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 09:58:52 PM »
ok,apart from itunes, where can i legally purchase music to be downloaded for cheap?   ;D

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 10:23:38 PM »
I love itunes..........downloaded many songs from them but aside from putting the songs on CD
you can only play their songs from their site.
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline trellium

• stArk raving Borg
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 02:58:51 AM »
"SpiralFrog and Universal Music Group Partner in Advertising-Supported Legal Music Download Service" to debut in Dec 2006

http://www.spiralfrog.com/press_release.aspx

they didn't mention what file format but with digital rights management protection I think its prolly gonna be .wma or .aac

It would suck if they come up with their own proprietary file format

Offline NightmareHall

• Out for a Sunday drive to Zeta Reticuli
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 05:24:00 PM »
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 10:58:27 AM by NightmareHall »

Offline cph9680

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 08:13:39 PM »
allofmp3.com is good, it's in Russian so that might be a problem for ya.  But none of the songs cost more than 25 cents, but you do have to put at least $10 on your account

Offline Dennis

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 10:18:43 PM »
Not sure what genre of music you're into, but I utilize www.beatport.com for dance music.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.