HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Fresh Blood Touches Open Cut! Guidance Required, Please!

(1/8) > >>

justconfused:
Ok so I hope somebody here is able to help me with my problems. hiv infection is something that has been a worry to me for a while now. I have not done many bad things with girls and am not that experienced with sex but I need help to understand a few things.

my worry is that (and sorry if this is gross to everyone) if masturbation can give you hiv if you cum inside your underwear after they came in touch with the toilet at school? I know the virus is small and think my underwear touched something wet on the floor at my school. If it was on my underwear and then later on I masturbated and cum touched my underwear and then touched my penis again would this be a high or low risk?

I know you can't get it from yourself but if there was something on my underwear from earlier that came in touch with cum and then touched my penis again would this not maybe give me hiv?

i feel so embarassed with this and I have nobody to turn to. I cant talk to anybody like teachers or parents about this because of the shame i feel.

i don't think I can ever have sex becaue of worries that hiv will infect me. I used to think i would just use a condom but now we found out from a teacher that hiv can possibly pass through condoms. ever since I heard this I have been SCARED SICK of it. the teacher (was actually a student teacher) told us about this and how you won't know you have it for 10 years and it just got me so sick thikning of it.

it was after this about a week later that i masturbated and worried about cum in my underwear. can somebody please help me here. ill never do that type of thing again

Ann:
just,

As long as you are not forcing someone against their will to have sex with you, sex is not bad and masturbation is not shameful. Sex is a healthy part of a normal life.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Therefore, nothing you report is even remotely a risk for hiv infection.

If you have been infected with hiv through unprotected intercourse, you can have a test done that will tell you within three months of being infected. What the teacher was saying is that a person who doesn't test might not know for ten years that they are hiv positive. It sounds as though your hiv lesson was geared more towards frightening you than educating you.

Please read the Welcome Thread and follow the link to the Transmission Lesson so you can learn what is and what isn't a risk for hiv infection.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Use condoms for intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

And remember, sex isn't bad as long as it is done with respect for the other person. And masturbation is nothing to be ashamed of - we all do it! Yes! Even your teachers! ;)

Ann

justconfused:
thankyou for writing that response you seem to be very wise on this topic. at my school (it's a catholic school) they teach us how wrong it is to masturbate. before we take confession we are given a paper with lists of all things we must consider confessing to the priest. on this list we are asked to repent for masturbation. it would not surprise me to know they wanted to scare us for the sake of religion. they are very strict at my school.

so do you really think that sstudent teacher was incorrect by saying hiv may pass through a condom? he said that the virus was smaller than the microscopic holes in the latex so that would mean it might get through. i would never do anything without a condom on in my life i am not one to take risks with things. i dont do drugs either.

and would you advise that there is NO way that cum getting all over my underwear might mix with hiv that touched my underwear from earlier and infect me?

Ann:
just,

The microscopic hole theory is one put out by the Catholic Church and other religious institutions and it is completely wrong. Condoms have been PROVEN to prevent hiv infection and there are no such things as microscopic holes in condoms. The Catholic Church tells you these lies because they don't want you to use condoms or have sex outside a traditional heterosexual marriage.

There have been long-term studies of couples where one is positive and one is negative. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one. This shows us two things. One, condoms are very effective for the prevention of hiv transmission. Two, oral sex is much lower risk than previously believed. We now have the evidence that oral sex is a very low risk activity where hiv transmission is concerned.

There is NO WAY you would be infected through the masturbation scenario you describe. Even masturbating with another boy (or girl) will not infect you. There is nothing wrong with masturbation - it's natural and normal when done in privacy, even if that is two people doing it together in private.

Ann

justconfused:
wow you are a wealth of information. thankyou again. it's very disheartening to think even teachers and religions provide false information when there is proof otherwise. I feel relieved that my situation did not put me in danger. Thankyou for taking your time to post your responses. I wish there were people in my life with such knowledge or at least teachers I could talk to about these things (ones that had correct information)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version