POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 10:07:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 620474
  • Total Topics: 46752
  • Online Today: 203
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 175
Total: 181

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: O.J. Simpson is a slimeball  (Read 3676 times)

Offline ChaplinGuy

• Eat my left foot
O.J. Simpson is a slimeball
« on: November 15, 2006, 07:09:11 AM »

I hope that NO ONE ON THESE BOARDS watches the Fox "special" with O.J. Simpson half-confessing to killing Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman. I have worked in TV for 6 years, and this is by far the most disgusting attempt for ratings (on the networks part) and money (on his part) I have ever seen.

Please, people - send a message that no one cares, we already know he did it. Switch it off!

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
Re: O.J. Simpson is a slimeball
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 10:59:07 AM »
Double Jeopardy...isn't it just swell!! Se he can talk about it now, and not be retried...what a country!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 11:11:46 AM »
Maybe the Feds can prosecute him for a hate crime.  It was across racial lines.  Just sayin... work the law or it works you!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 11:26:20 AM »
OK- so I really DID see an ad for this on TV last night.  I had dozed off for a few minutes in front of the tube.  I really and truly wasn't sure if I it was real or if I was having a twisted little dream.

I can't help but wonder what kind of effect this is having on the victim's families. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 12:18:27 PM »
it has to be better than most of the reality shows on Tv and all of Trumps crap. The Juice may be a murderer but he was the greatest running back I have ever seen. I am still pissed that his little jaunt in the bronco took the NBA playoff game with the Houston Rockets off the air. Now that was ridiculous.

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 01:21:06 PM »
Just for confirmation...here is the link to CNN talking about his book: "If I Did It..."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/15/simpsoninterview.ap/index.html

Disgusting, absolutely disgusting! I don't care what kind of running back, half back, full back...on his back he was...he is a murderer and he got a way with it! DISGUSTING!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 01:29:23 PM »
For real!  Even if (and that is me being WAY hypothetical)...even IF he was somehow, someway innocent of such a thing-  what kind of heartless, callous sicko prick would come forth with:

"Yeah, but ya know what?  If I did do it, I woulda done it like this...."

I mean...of all the base, tasteless completely insensitive things to do.  Utterly classless even if in the best of circumstances.  Somewhere in the bowels of Hell, some demons have just started digging...

~+

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline cph9680

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 02:24:24 PM »
People get away with murder everyday...

The pathetic thing to me is that this sleezeball is still trying to milk it.  That was 11 years ago!!  Why the fuck is jack ass even talking about it?  Why the hell has gotten "famous" from this?  I think they should overturn DJ just for him and then fry his loser ass!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 02:41:02 PM »
My only dream for this would be that he would say something in the course of it that would allow him to be criminally prosecuted from a different angle, avoiding DJ.  Not likely, though...he's bound to have had lawyers scouring the book and show from end to end to avoid such a pitfall. 

Speaking of lawyers...I don't hold J. Cochran in much higher esteem.  He gleefully sacrificed race relations for the whole of society in the name of springing his client.  A great attorney?  Sure.  A great human being?  Hardly.  People were tripping all over themselves to sing his praise when he kicked off last year.  I found it pretty difficult to squeeze out any tears.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline carousel

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 03:01:16 PM »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 10:49:58 AM by carousel »

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 03:41:58 PM »
I have no respect for the Juice but hell, there is stuff just as bad on Tv all day long.  But we do have  the Juice to thank for the great Jackie Chiles on Seinfeld.

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 05:33:55 PM »
I'm sure a remember watching a documentary over here that suggested the evidence overwhelmingly pointed towards OJ's son and that OJ was covering for him?  ahh it's probably one of those crappy conspiracy theories!
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 06:07:52 PM »
I heard there is a movement growing where stores like Barnes and Noble will be boycotted if they sell the book plus any companies who advertise on the show.
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline AlanBama

• 'class' of '87
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 07:08:06 PM »
I think it all came about because he has written a book, titled If I did it...Here's how it happened.

I wonder what the legal implications are, regarding the judgement against him in the civil suit with the Brown and Goldman families (in which it was determined that he DID cause the death of Nicole and Ron)?  I would think there would be limits placed on future royalties from such a book....he's probably figured a way to weasel around them.

The title of this thread is very accurate -- he's a slimeball.
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 10:25:49 PM »
People like him crave attention, he needs to be in the limlight again and this is his way of doing it...hopefully by bringing the case back to the public's attention it will rile someone enough to take a shot at him..with fatal results..sorry but I hope he burns in hell.

Jan >:(
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 11:21:19 PM »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 07:43:39 PM by Iggy »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 02:29:03 AM »
Haven't y'all learned yet that money talks and bullshit walks......OJ is living proof of that, he's a piece of shit. Most of the black community was praying he got off while I was sitting in the corner being sick of it all. I bet Johnny Cochrane is laughing his ass off from up a yonder cause he prolly talked his way out of going to hell.. :-\
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

The Royal Blog

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 08:03:16 AM »
I agree...the man, well, the Double Murderer, has a lot of gall writing this book....and anybody who buys it ...
well don't get me started.   Slimeball?  Oh he's much worse than that. ::)
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline ChaplinGuy

• Eat my left foot
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 02:38:35 PM »

Now there is an online petition from the Goldman family to get people to pledge not to buy the book (thus give OJ any money): http://www.dontpayoj.com/

Offline Cliff

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 03:28:23 PM »
Oh for heaven sake, it's been what 11 or 12 years now since that trial?  How many people have been murdered in the US since thenl?  15,000 to 20,000 a year.  So what, the city the size of Huntsville....150,000 to 200,000....has been wiped off the face of this earth.  I wonder how many of those deaths go unsolved/unpunished?  Judging by the Discovery Channel or A&E, lots.

Why does someone need to sign a petition to NOT buy a book or to NOT watch a tv program?  Can't you just NOT buy the book or NOT watch the show, (like 99.9999999% of Americans).  No need in giving OJ or any of the other cast of characters (isn't Mark Fuhrman a Fox spokesman of sorts?) any more attention than they already DON'T deserve.

Time to move on.  Kato has.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 03:32:50 PM »
OJ still owes those families millions.  I'm really wondering why it is he would be seeing a penny of profit from these ventures.  I would have thought that they would have had claim on any of the ill-gotten gains resulting from this horror show.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline ChaplinGuy

• Eat my left foot
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2006, 03:37:51 PM »

There seems to be some confusion now steming from a statement today by the publisher (Regan) as to who is profiting from the book and the reason the book deal was done. The most recent news release from Judith Regan says that she "tricked" O.J. into essentially writing a confession and made an agreement with a third party (she says she does not know who, but hopes that they funnel the money to the Goldman and Brown families) that O.J. would not profit from the book.

Terrible organization on her part, though, as many people have been assuming that he was behind this and had a signed profit guarantee with the publisher.

Regan must be a Democrat to be this off message and behind the ball on her PR machine!

Offline Cliff

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2006, 03:45:34 PM »
OJ still owes those families millions.  I'm really wondering why it is he would be seeing a penny of profit from these ventures.  I would have thought that they would have had claim on any of the ill-gotten gains resulting from this horror show.
The families could go to court and seize the proceeds.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2006, 03:52:50 PM »
Yeah....but they've already been tied up in court with said slimeball trying to get the original settlement.  As for this recent revelation from Regan, I can only say that I'm suspicious.  I just don't see OJ as beig this easily "tricked".  I don't imagine there would be any pledge drives from the Goldman and Brown families if any funds were due them from the book or show.  I don't doubt that the money might be going to a third party, but I wouldn't be suprised to find OJ somehow at the end of the funnel.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2006, 09:03:57 PM »

I think OJ makes French films now..
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline bluelove

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2006, 09:05:43 PM »
With all this free PR someone will be watching it and more will buy the book.

Makes me sad and sick.

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2006, 04:53:38 PM »
Book and special just cancelled.  Thank goodness decency prevails.

Woods
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined Dec-2003 Living positive, since 1985.
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2006, 08:03:18 PM »
Book and special just cancelled.  Thank goodness decency prevails.

Woods

Heres the story ;

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=242559&GT1=7703

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune, Epzicom, 40mg of simvastatin, 12.5mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Metoprolol tartrate 25mg

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40802.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=45159.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39722.msg495621;topicseen#msg495621

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=46806.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39414.msg491701#msg491701

In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started my first  HAART regimen  on October 24th,03.

As of DEC 9th, 2013,  t-cells are at 437 Viral load  <40 .

Current % is at 16% (L)

62 years young.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2006, 08:14:10 PM »
Something else to be thankful for this holiday.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline cph9680

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2006, 08:34:57 PM »
Here's to a little common sense once in a while!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 11:34:06 AM »
Just read that it's still possible that OJ was paid in advance for this deal, so he may have made bank "for his kids" regardless of whether or not the show airs or the book gets sold.  We'll have to wait to see if that comes to the light.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 03:20:28 PM »
It is Official:  He got money anyway...a "windfall", he says. 

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/22/simpson.interview.ap/index.html

Somewhere in Hell...some demons sigh and pick up their shovels once again.

~+
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.