HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Very Worried. Need help

<< < (2/5) > >>

worriedone:
Hi,

Actually I used a wrong word to discribe it. I would say not pricked but poked by the syringe. If it's not through the syringe poke how else my VDRL could show 1:16 ratio.

Can VDRL show 1:16 for any other infection other then secondary syphilis? My doctor asked me to take peniciln Jab to kill the bacteria. After the jab, my rash on arms and legs has disappreard. The rashes were only little where I had 3 on my arm and 2 on my thigh.

All my doctor said was to take a re-test on week 13. Please advice.

DingoBoi:
i'm curious as to why you think you were pricked with a syringe in the first place.   Either you know or you don't know.   

However, any doubts about your status should be tested 12 weeks after possible exposure. 

Really, we can't tell you anything more than that.

worriedone:
Hi,

I was just wondering, If i had co-infection of Syphilis & HIV, will the formation of syphilis anti-body delay in the formation of HIV anti-body.

my test results came out +ve for VDRL but -ve for HIV in week 4.

regards

worriedone:

--- Quote from: DingoBoi on June 09, 2006, 10:07:35 PM ---I'm curious as to why you think you were pricked with a syringe in the first place.   Either you know or you don't know.   

However, any doubts about your status should be tested 12 weeks after possible exposure. 

Really, we can't tell you anything more than that.

--- End quote ---

Not think actually, First when I poked, i didn't know what was it. When I picked it out I was really terrified. At that time it didn't occur to me that the blood would have some infection.

After that only I started having the muscle n joints pain along with fever which freaked me out. Along with that I had been getting other symptoms as I've said on my earlier post.

I know that i might be paranoid, but I'm so freaked out n sorry to trouble you guys. Yes I'll be getting a test on week 9 just for my satisfaction and another on week 13 for conclusive.

Ann:
worried,

If you truly were pricked by a needle/syringe, it's not hiv you need to test for (as hiv wouldn't be transmitted in this fashion), but you might want to test for hep C. Hep C is a much, much more easily transmitted virus and it is also much more prevalent in the injecting drug user community.

What you have brought to us is in no way an hiv situation. It might be a hepatitis C situation, but you will have to see your doctor about that. This is an hiv website, not hep C and not syphilis.

You did not have a risk of hiv infection.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version