Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

New

(1/2) > >>

Medazzaman:
New here from Atlanta.  Tested poz 3 weeks ago.  I'm freaking about my first labs... vl of 4,000; cd4 of 201 - 25%.  Dr. says he'll probably start treatment next time I see him (in 2 weeks).

I can't stop the worrying and obsessing.  Please tell me this gets better.

Thanks
Jason.

Eldon:
Hello Jason,

It is unfortunate that you have tested positive for HIV. However is is good that you do know now so that you can take action with your health. At the moment, it is a hard pill to swallow and it will take some time for you to adjust to this. Work on building your Support System and have that in place as you will need this along your "journey" in this life.

I wish to extend to you a warm WELCOME here at the forums. Here you will find the encouragement, communication, understanding, support, some cries, some laughter, and many of your questions relating to HIV/AIDS answered.

We have a great group of Real people who will listen as well as answer you. We are here to encourage one another and to learn from each other.

Talking to other people helps us see that we are not the only ones with problems. Feel free to come and vent with whatever is on your mind from time-to-time as it is highly therapeutic.

In the interim, you may want to start taking a multi-vitamin, Omega 3 and eat a diet high in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, and low-fat dairy and avoid processed foods, saturated and trans fats. This will also help you maintain a healthy weight.

Exercise at least three times per week for a minimum of 30 minutes.

Make the BEST of each and every Day!

P.S. --- It does get better.

tryingforhope:
It will get better. I tested positive on 10/10. I at least now can wake up without my first thouht being HIV. I too start meds in two weeks but only because I am pregnant. Maybe we can go through it together. Hand in there and take that advice to eat healthy and excercise.

Beatz4me:
Welcome Jason,

Always here to listen..And yes, even though it may not seem like it yet..It will get better.

Hugz

Michael 

Andy Velez:
It DOES get better, Jason. Right now it is still very new and overwhelming.

The important thing is you have a doctor monitoring your numbers. Developing that partnership with your doctor is one of the most important elements in keeping you healthy. Ask questions when you have them.

Read the lessons on this site if you haven't already done so. And maybe even re-read them, because you may find that the intensity of your feelings right now clouds your ability to take information. Gradually things are going to settle down and you'll see that life is going to include HIV, but your life is going to include a lot more besides that.

Give it time and things will begin to fall into place. You're always welcome here to ask questions and to discuss anything that's on your mind.

Cheers,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version