HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

sex worker encounter (shaved)

(1/3) > >>

worriedandanxious:
1 week ago I had an encounter with a sex worker from Kenya.

I received unprotected oral from her followed by protected vaginal intercourse, the later of which lasted not more than a minute. That morning I had shaved the base of my penis and scrotum and am now worried that this might have put me at greater risk. I realise that unprotected oral is considered low risk and so is protected vaginal intercourse but i am freaking out, especially after reading up on the high percentage of infection in the population of african nations.

i have never done anything like this before and am trying to figure out how to tell my wife when i see her again in a couple of weeks as she will expect us to make love and i don't want to risk passing anything on to her. i have basically decided that i will tell her, and beg forgiveness, and then will get all the tests i can think of done. Will a test after 3 weeks yield any reliable results? I know I will have to get retested at 13 weeks to be sure but i would like to get tested as soon as possible for obvious psycological reasons.

Any advice on how I can tell my wife would also be much appreciated.

RapidRod:
If you had protected sex, you don't have a concern with contracting HIV. You won't get HIV from a blowjob. You can however get an STD. You won't have to wait to be tested for an STD. The window period does not apply in this case.

worriedandanxious:
but doesn't the fact that i had shaved my pubic region prior to this put me at greater risk? what are the odds of contracting hiv in this manner?

Ann:
worried,

The fact that you shaved makes no difference at all. Condoms do an excellent job of preventing the transmission of hiv. Getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it.

As Rodney pointed out, getting a blowjob is a potential risk for other sexually transmitted infections, but not hiv. For further information on other STIs, please check out the inSPOT website for more information - and see your doctor.

Ann

worriedandanxious:
Thanks for information and the link.

I know it is irrational but I am still really worried about the chance of HIV.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version