HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

are there any chances!

(1/9) > >>

cobiz:
Hi guys, first I would like to thank you for the good job that you are doing. I need to understand something which is not clear to me. My question is that, are there chances of a man to have an aggressive unprotected varginal sex with a female pos and still survive any chances of contracting the virus from her? Lately, this happened to me and four weeks after the first encounter I tested neg but this was 2 weeks after the last encounter according to my calculations. Please give me some explainations.

RapidRod:
Not everyone contracts HIV from a given exposure. But you are playing Roulette, having unprotected sex. If it continues you that you have unprotected sex you'll be in the "Living With Forum" instead of the fears forum. Make sure you test 12/13 weeks past your last unprotected exposure and always use condoms and plenty of water base lube.

Andy Velez:
I don't know what you mean by "aggressive unprotected sex." Whether aggressive or not, unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse is the highest risk behavior sexually in relation to HIV.

As Rod has pointed out you do need to get tested and the CDC recommends doing that at 13 weeks. Hopefully you will test negative. HIV is not an easy virus to transmit. But you do need to wakeup to the reality that everytime you have unprotected intercourse you are putting your life at risk. It's as stark and as simple as that.

What you need to be doing if you care about your life and that of your partner(s) is using a latex condom everytime you have intercourse. No exceptions.

Good luck with your test.

cobiz:
Could slow healing of any body wounds indicate anything to do with hiv in terms of immune defiency aspects.

Kind regards

Ann:
Cobiz,

Symptoms or the lack of symptoms mean nothing when it comes to hiv infection. But you already know that, don't you.

The ONLY way to know your hiv status is through testing.

If you're worried that your wounds aren't healing properly, go see a doctor.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version