POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2014, 03:02:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23350
  • Latest: Smasher
Stats
  • Total Posts: 636701
  • Total Topics: 48324
  • Online Today: 185
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 110
Total: 112

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Our New Speaker  (Read 3143 times)

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
Our New Speaker
« on: November 08, 2006, 02:53:53 PM »
this is just too funny. suckers!!

Consider the case of Nancy Pelosi, the ultimate San Francisco big-government liberal, and leader of the Democrats in the House of Representatives. She is the daughter of Big Tommy D'Alesandro, boss of the Baltimore Democrat political machine. She grew up in a household built around the use of political power for personal gain, under the banner of compassion. In her career in Congress, she has garnered the highest praise from the AFL-CIO, the Americans for Democratic Action, and the League of Conservation Voters. She is grotesquely pro-union and pro-regulation, and a fierce "environmentalist," of course. Her favorite pastime is attacking people on her political right ó which is everyone to the right of, say, Mao Zedong ó as enemies of clean air, clean water, the working man, or whatever. To her, we're all greedy, vile exploiters of the poor.

Nancy Pelosi is worth more than $50 million ó not bad for a champion of the poor.

Actually, to be fair, her favorite pastime is enacting laws to increase the power of unions, trial lawyers, and the federal government. But Pelosi's private life is all capitalist. She and her husband have a net worth of over $50 million ó not bad for champions of the poor. Much of their wealth comes from real estate ventures, such as the development of the Corde Valle Golf Club and Resort in Silicon Valley. Schweizer documents how the Pelosis' private partnership (Lions Gate Limited) managed to get approval to develop some raw land over the objections of environmentalists and other local groups, by contractually promising that the club would be primarily a public course and that the development would be ecologically friendly. But the developers stiffed the public. The golf course turned out to be primarily for the use of the ultrawealthy: the hoi polloi have to reserve three days in advance and pay $275 for a round of golf. A membership at the club costs $250,000! And Lions Gate failed to live up to the promised environmental guarantees. When the San Jose Planning Commission started thinking about looking into whether Lions Gate had made fraudulent representations to get the development approvals, the Pelosis simply hired some local, well-connected lobbyists, and the Planning Commission backed away like frightened kittens.

In a similar manner, Schweizer shows that Pelosi, winner of the Cesar Chavez Legacy Award, uses companies without United Farm Workers contracts to harvest grapes on her vineyard, and she sells those grapes to nonunion wineries. Again, this darling of the AFL-CIO (and recipient of a huge amount of its money for her campaigns) owns a big chunk of two lavish hotels and a chain of chi-chi restaurants that are all resolutely non-union shops.

Offline Dachshund

Re: Our New Speaker
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 05:02:10 PM »
I have always wanted to ask you a personal question and I do so now. Including yourself, do you believe people with HIV should be left to their own devices when it comes to dealing with HIV? Do you believe there should be any services provided by the government for people with HIV? Do you think the taxpayers should be left holding the bag for people who acquired a socially transmitted disease?

I don't think you realize (or maybe you do) how demeaning your posts have become to folks with HIV. You might have private insurance or a family support system to get you through all this, but many others don't. I don't think you realize just how many people have to rely on the "system" to stay alive. They don't have the strength or energy to worry about millionaires or stocks or oil options. They have so much more to worry about.

Could you not try and step on folk's hopes for just one day? Could you possibly allow people just one day to hope that the situation they are in might get better? You have seen the letters from people frightened that their meds might not be covered, or the letters from people whose meds are not covered? How about just a little empathy? There will be plenty of days left to argue politics. Allow people who were given a little hope, however meager, that this election offered people with aids a little hope. Why would you want to take that away from them?

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 05:37:55 PM »
Here you go Jakey,

Nancy Pelosi:

BiographySince 1987, Nancy Pelosi has represented California's Eighth District in the House of Representatives. The Eighth District includes most of the City of San Francisco including Golden Gate Park, Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, and many of the diverse neighborhoods that make San Francisco a vibrant and prosperous community. Overwhelmingly elected by her colleagues in the fall of 2002 as Democratic Leader of the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi is the first woman in American history to lead a major party in the U.S. Congress. Before being elected Leader, she served as House Democratic Whip for one year and was responsible for the party's legislative strategy in the House.
Legislative Record
As a senior member of the House Appropriations Committee, Pelosi fought for America's families. She has been a leader in increasing educational opportunity, protecting workers, and promoting health care, including women's health and the creation of a nationwide health tracking network to examine the links between environmental pollutants and chronic disease. She has been a strong proponent of increased investments in health research, and has secured funding to double the budget for the National Institutes of Health. Pelosi also has successfully defeated repeated attempts to reduce funding for international family planning programs.
One of Pelosi's first legislative victories was the creation of the Housing Opportunities for People with AIDS program. She has also worked to accelerate development of an HIV vaccine, expand access to Medicaid for people living with HIV, and increase funding for the Ryan White CARE Act, the Minority HIV/AIDS Initiative and other programs vital to people living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS.Pelosi also successfully increased access to health insurance for people with disabilities by ensuring continuation of their health care coverage. She was instrumental in passing legislation to assist nonprofit organizations in the creation of affordable housing.
As a member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence for 10 years (the longest continuous period of service in the committee's history) including two years as the Ranking Democrat, Pelosi worked to ensure that policymakers and military commanders are provided with the timely and accurate intelligence necessary to guide diplomatic initiatives, succeed in combat, and protect U.S. military forces.
In meetings around the world with U.S. and foreign intelligence leaders, Pelosi has urged for greater attention to the threats to international security posed by the proliferation of technologies associated with the weapons of mass destruction and global terrorism.
In the wake of the September 11 terrorist attacks, Pelosi led congressional reviews of the U.S. intelligence and security agencies and authored legislation to create an independent national commission to assess the overall performance of the federal government before, during, and after the attacks.Pelosi has long been an advocate for human rights around the world. She has fought to improve China's human rights record, attempting to tie trade to increased human rights standards. She has also been a leader on efforts to free the people of Tibet.
A leader on the environment at home and abroad, Pelosi secured passage of a provision in the International Development and Finance Act of 1989 which requires the World Bank and all the regional multilateral development banks to review the potential environmental impacts of development projects for which they provide funding and to make these environmental assessments publicly available. Known as the "Pelosi Amendment," it has become a significant tool for indigenous, nongovernmental organizations around the world.
Pelosi has also served on the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct (Ethics) and the Banking and Financial Services Committee. She has chaired the Congressional Working Group on China and has served on the Executive Committee of the Democratic Study Group.
Personal Story
Pelosi hails from a strong family tradition of public service. Her father, Thomas D'Alesandro, Jr., served as Mayor of Baltimore for 12 years, after representing the city for five terms in Congress. Her brother, Thomas D'Alesandro III, also served as Mayor of Baltimore.
Pelosi graduated from Trinity College in Washington, D.C. in 1962. Pelosi and her husband, Paul Pelosi, a native of San Francisco, have five children: Nancy Corinne, Christine, Jacqueline, Paul and Alexandra, and five grandchildren.

========================================

Hereís her web site for you to enjoy. Iíd rather have her working for me than those that you voted for. Wait, thatís right the compassionate conservatives like the Rev Phelps donít like me. Now do they?

Send her an email, I'm sure she'd be delighted hearing from you.

http://www.house.gov/pelosi/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 05:41:29 PM by Terry »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 05:44:13 PM »
When they cut the Federal budget, what happen then? The money is cut from what the Federal government sends to the state and then the state has to cut programs because of the lack of funds. Now what programs do you think they will cut first?

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 06:13:54 PM »
Some people here listen to too much of drug-addled Rush Limbaugh
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline jack

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 06:17:15 PM »
is it just a coincidence that Pelosi,Obama, and Harry Reid are all involved in questionable real estate dealings or have Dems discovered a new way to wash cash?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 06:23:04 PM »
A pretzel and a heart attack away from a San Francisco Liberalô woman president. IT COULD HAPPEN!

*chuckle*

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 07:46:19 PM »
Jack did you mention she is a champion of the poor?
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline cph9680

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 07:46:30 PM »
Hmm, I somehow doubt that Mrs. Pelosi will be spending any time arguing whether she knew that one of her Reps was trying to molest children!  Oh yeah, I forgot, only Republicans would stoop so fucking low!  8)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 08:14:14 PM »
Thank God for Nancy Pelosi.   She may be just the one who can put cowboy in his place - he is an EMPLOYEE and servant of the people of this country.

I did email Ms Pelosi, and offered my thanks and congratulations.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 08:18:57 PM by AlanBama »
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 10:02:17 PM »
I watched when a reporter asked Bush how he feels that now the 3rd most important person in the US has no respect for him, he asked for the Jack Daniels!
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 10:19:47 PM »
Like SPEAKER PELOSI says:  "drain the swamp!"

Offline randym431

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 01:39:45 AM »
Oh Jack, Jack Jack... its going to hard for you the next 2 years.

Donít believe everything you hear. They tried to say Nancy marched in the San Fran Gay Parade to support the national man boy association. NAMBA didnít even march in the SF parade. But who cares for the facts when you're slamming someone.

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 08:15:57 AM »
I like Nancy, and she is not a lefty liberal. Just because she is from San Fran she gets a bad rap. She will drain the Swamp. She Rocks. 

Dachshund....I thank you for sticking up for us less fortunate. I rely on the system, heavily...I am unable to work. I did work for 18 years with HIV. I am sick of being be-rated by those who are feeling good now and have little understanding what some of us "long-termers" have to deal with now. So I thank you for your kind, thoughtful words. They were nice to hear.
I would love to work again, but the virus has caught up with me. Thank you kindly for your understanding!

Jeff...who depends on, and appreciates the "system"
Positive since 1985

Offline libvet

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 10:08:06 AM »

Nancy Pelosi is worth more than $50 million ó not bad for a champion of the poor.

Hey....I guess it just proves the point that one doesn't have to be destitute to have empathy with the less fortunate.  Contrary to popular belief in republican circles, democrats don't hate the rich.  We also don't blame the poor and sick for being poor and sick.   

It's a sad commentary on the republican party that they spent hours trying to figure out how to ram through a repeal of a tax which affects less than 1 percent of the population, the vast majority of whom are extremely wealthy, while spending hardly any time at all trying to figure out how to eliminate hunger or how to fix a system that leaves 40-50 million people without access to even basic health care.  Although, I have to give them props for pushing the HSA's (health savings accounts).  What a deliciously double-edged sword that is.  Create a plan that essentially creates a tax shelter, while at the same time, doing positively nothing to help the people who really needed help.    I've often wondered what sort of mindset imagines that a person who is already struggling to pay the electric bill and put food on the table at the same time has vast sums of money to sequester in a tax-free account in case they get sick.

Michael

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 02:01:53 PM »
Jake I could have told you most politicians were corrupt and saved you all the copy and pasting you did from google!  I must admit I can't see many major changes only bickering between the two parties and clambering to claim responsibilty for anything good that happens.  At least the republicans can't blatantly abuse power now and Bush is effectively a lame duck president.  I love the way he is trying to bring in daddys friend to come and bail him out!
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 05:00:34 PM »
Jack, you lost, we won...you're bitter...get over it! I have to agree with Dachsund...some of us are fortunate enough to continue working and earn enough to pay for meds and have insurance. Others aren't as fortunate. Jack, what you have can be gone in a heart beat, and don't you dare tell us for a minute that you wouldn't attempt to see what this government can do for you.

Your attitude towards those that can't achieve the status you so, digustingly throw in our faces, it is just that...disgusting! Jack, I am sorry you have to hang out with the rest of with AIDS and lower yourself to this degree, but please have the moral decency, that your party seems to be experts of, and respect those of us who can't be in your shoes...

This is why the republicans lost Jack...out of touch with the reality of what is going on around them! You fit right in boyo!!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2006, 10:14:50 AM »
Madame Speaker Pelosi at the White House luncheon......

" George, Dick, may I offer you some more crow? "

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2006, 10:25:17 AM »
.....and just because I can. Click on pic to enlarge.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline jack

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2006, 10:35:33 AM »
Jeromy, I have lost everything twice and almost everything a third time. Each time I have worked my ass off to make it a back. That is what life is about. Getting up each time you get knocked down,not how many times you have been knocked down. When I made a bunch of money I paid a ton in taxes and also contributed to charity even though I could not deduct it. I have suffered from this shit financially and emotionally as much as the next guy.  I get very tired of your  side telling me I didnt pay my fair share when all I do is pay,pay,and pay more.

I am not bitter that Republicans lost, I am very sad the Republican didnt do what they said they would do and now we are stuck with the very same people who got tossed in 94 cause they were crooked.
I am gonna figure out a way to make money no matter who is office. I am over it.

The reason I mentioned Pelosis wealth is it is very interesting how the libs always badmouth the rich when republicans are in office but the people they vote for are richer than any Republicans(except for Clintons,but theyare becoming wealthy). Pelosi and her husband are under investigation for misuse of land, harry reid was in with Abranhoff and got money from him, he was also involved in a very suspicious land transaction for a million dollars,seems he had not owned the property for three years. Payoffs? Bribery? most likely. Harry  is also being investigated for using campaign funds to pay his personal servants. A good liberal.
And of course Obama who paid a $100,000 over mkt to a criminal who is going to jail for similar transactions with other pols. Its called washing cash. If you or I did it we would be in the slammer for 5 to 10.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2006, 11:18:50 AM »
You still avoid my question each and every time I ask it. Do you believe the government should provide services to people with HIV that are not able to work? Would you, or do you access any services provided to people with HIV without paying for them? Do you believe people with HIV "deserve" what they get?

Jake, no one using these forums has ever suggested you have not paid your fair share. Nor should you suggest that others accessing government services have not paid theirs. I imagine the majority have worked all their lives, paid their taxes, just like you. You try to make it sound like you are the only hardworking (are you still able to work ?) person that uses this site. My guess is the majority of folks receiving the meager assistance the government provides would much rather be working.

Get out and volunteer and see the luxurious lifestyle folks on disability live. My one day every two weeks at our local foodbank tends to keep me humble. If my taxes or yours helps these people then so be it.

Truth be known no one really cares what you write about politicians...it is humorous at best. I  am just dismayed by your lack of empathy to people using the forums. You can't write what you write and then turn it around and proclaim martyrdom.

Offline jack

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2006, 11:58:43 AM »
I believe there needs to be a medical system that cares for the people that fall through the gaps. I have no idea how you do it. HIV is just one of many diseases. I consider myself lucky to have HIV when I see people who have been destroyed by strokes, have cancer, or many other diseases. I did not have insurance the first three years I was on meds. I could have got them for free but I paid for them and that is a fact. Wasnt being a martyr,just believe in paying my own way.
All I heard through out the 90s was how I wasnt paying my fair share, that is your sides mantra, that the producer is not paying enough.
We have discussed the problems with our medical system many time here and I have always said the present system is fucked. It is fucked for many reasons, the individual is not able to interact in the mkt process, because of insurance and government, we have irrational demand because of government supports,lawsuits and on and on. Our medical system has been on the slippery slope so long, the only way to resolve it, is to destroy it or have the government take it over. Under the government we can be sure everyone will have medical care and meds,and everyone will be miserable. There will be a black market for the best Dr's and best treatments that the "rich"(anyone making over 50gs a year according to dems) can access.  God, if you think we have a mess now, wait till the government takes it over.
Will the Dems do something about it? I have no idea. Clinton thought so highly of it, he didnt even appoint a govt employee to do it, he gave it to his wife, who fucked it all up by going for too much and scaring the shit out of everyone with a brain.
As it is I dumped all my pharma stocks last week, sold all my oil stocks. Gonna see what these guys do. Are they gonna please their base or are they just pulling the ole Jesse jackson corporate blackmail con? We will find out soon.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 12:00:55 PM by jack »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2006, 12:04:56 PM »

Now I know where you are coming from so I will leave it at that.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2006, 01:33:14 PM »
Because some people believe in the concept of not relying on handouts, does not by any means equate to that person being against supporting those that may need a helping hand.

There is a huge difference between asking for help and saying "I'm sick take care of me."  I personally have the good fortune of having insurance.  Rest assured I would ask the Government for help in a heart beat if it meant my survival.  What upsets people like myself is those that are "Disabled" but manage to go out to bars, go to meetings and retreats and other events, all while declaring themselves too sick to work.

Never would someone that believes in the principles of capitalism deny assistance to those that are unable to provide for themselves.  That same person could and should however, ask for a full accounting of the monies spent. They should ask that the money be spent helping those that actually need it.  Not lining the pockets of those that administer these programs.  Bigger government and higher taxes has been shown over and over through out history to be the road to failure.

I am working on getting a medical device approved by the FDA.  This device has been shown in trials and in use in other parts of the world to be far superior in detecting breast cancer than the method we use today in the US.  It will cost us over $1,000,000 to get this device approved.  Who do you think will pay for that?  The consumer.  Want to fix our health care system?  Make getting such devices and medications approved easier.  Do away with all the frivolous law suits.  Stop all the fraud. 

Being fiscally conservative doesn't mean I don't care.  It means I do care. Need help? I'll be there. Feeling like you should get a free ride because you're sick or not feeling well?  Sorry, not buying it.  Hope you can see the difference, it's huge.

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2006, 01:36:25 PM »

:(

Jake,

I can only hope that someday you think as an American and not as ďThem and US.Ē  Or as you so often put it, ďDems. And Repub.Ē

For 12 years now your party has been using the mantra of dived and conquer. Using slogans such as the three Gís... Gunís, God and Gayís. Itís worked very well until last Tuesday.

Bush has been in the White House for six years and only yesterday invited the other side of the isle ďThe DemocratsĒ to sit down and talk. Now he wants to work together?

Iím sure that he is very concerned about the number of subpoena's that will be circulating throughout Washington come this January. This President has had carte blanch in whatever heís wanted to do WITHOUT the oversight of Congress. His free ride is over. No other president has ever misused his power as this president has. He will go down in history as the most unpopular American President ever.

In my opinion Bush is a traitor to the American people. He is a traitor to all that value American traditional values. (His traditional family values is to have a constitutional amendment to Hate a Homosexual.) He is a disgrace to all those that lived/fought for and died for freedom.

Bush lies when the truth would sound better. He lied as recently as last week about keeping Rumsfeld on. He lied about Weapons of mass destruction. He has lied to the American people as well as our allies. He lies to distract the voters but it didnít work this time. Bush uses Fox news/CNN to promote his lies. You canít hide the fact that he is nothing but big money and cares nothing about middle class Americans or even the soldiers he has sent off to fight a war thatís for oil. This is not a war on terrorism. Osama bin Laden is not even in Iraq and he never was there to begin with. Saddam wasn't a threat to America or world peace; we had him contained for ten years.

I donít want Bush to be impeached. However I do want him brought to justice after his term is over. ďBelieve me Iíll do everything in my power to see that he is brought to justice.ď The party you defend with your honor is the most corrupt party/administration ever in AmericaĎs history! Even more so than Nixon was. And I was around during that time.

Jake I think you need a time out from the forum. Your starting to believe everything Bush/Cheney says.

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2006, 01:41:15 PM »

Grinch,

I read what you posted in another thread. All I can say is your right on target.

RIGHT ON TARGET!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2006, 02:12:19 PM »
Jacks hilarious.  His "arguments" are loaded with strawmen and red herring fallacies, and "liberally" (!) sprinkled with misinformation and propaganda.  He'd have done well in Soviet Russia.

Offline jack

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2006, 02:18:21 PM »
Terry, Yawn.  Your constant attacks on Bush are getting really old. I have stated in these forums many times I do support this guy on many things. Did you support Clinton on everything he did? Bush is no more a Conservative than I am a Liberal. He has waged a war only a Democrat could love.(see Korea,VietNam). What the fuck are we doing in South Korea?
Again, you need to go back and read the facts. Clinton,every Democrat, and the UN said Saddam had WMD up to the day Bush was in office. Lurch, in the late 90s, said we were gonna have to take Saddam out.
Again, if you go to war, you have to go to win and win as soon as possible so your enemies at home and the weak kneed dont have a chance to attack you at home.
Can you imagine what would have happened in WW1 or WW2 if the media had covered it the way they cover this war. Not a word of enemy casualties only US.  Would we have surrendered after our defeat in the Philipines? Would we have surrendered during the Battle of the Bulge? Probably.
Can you believe it, the Dems won and we have not one single report of voting machine problems, african americans being physically restrained by Republicans from voting,and not one lawsuit. Too funny.
But we do have a problem with 35000 fake voters added to Dem rolls in Missouri by a group called Acorn. We also have 10000 dead democrats voting straight ticket again in St.Louis.
Your  really need to get over your hatred of Bush.  The only reason I voted for him twice is the Dems gave me a choice of two lunatics, Algore and Lurch, and McCain is out of his mind. I still would take Bush any day over those three clowns.

Offline jack

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2006, 02:26:59 PM »
Terry, how can the Bush administration be more corrupt than the Clinton Administration? Its just not possible.
Remember all the corporate shenanigans? That happened while Willy was in office. And please dont bring up Enron. They were giving Clinton more money that he could spend. Enron was also the largest supporter of Shela Jackson and of the nephew of Loyd Bensten. Remember the Clintons hoarding FBI files on US individuals as well as using the IRS to intimidate many of their opponents in their own party and republicans.
I can't even begin to list the criminals in the Clinton administration.
All government becomes corrupt,no matter the party. It is the nature of government.

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2006, 02:58:58 PM »
Jeromy, I have lost everything twice and almost everything a third time. Each time I have worked my ass off to make it a back. That is what life is about. Getting up each time you get knocked down,not how many times you have been knocked down. When I made a bunch of money I paid a ton in taxes and also contributed to charity even though I could not deduct it. I have suffered from this shit financially and emotionally as much as the next guy.  I get very tired of your  side telling me I didn't pay my fair share when all I do is pay,pay,and pay more.

I am not bitter that Republicans lost, I am very sad the Republican didn't do what they said they would do and now we are stuck with the very same people who got tossed in 94 cause they were crooked.
I am gonna figure out a way to make money no matter who is office. I am over it.

The reason I mentioned Pelosi wealth is it is very interesting how the libs always badmouth the rich when republicans are in office but the people they vote for are richer than any Republicans(except for Clinton's,but theyare becoming wealthy). Pelosi and her husband are under investigation for misuse of land, harry reid was in with Abranhoff and got money from him, he was also involved in a very suspicious land transaction for a million dollars,seems he had not owned the property for three years. Payoffs? Bribery? most likely. Harry  is also being investigated for using campaign funds to pay his personal servants. A good liberal.
And of course Obama who paid a $100,000 over mkt to a criminal who is going to jail for similar transactions with other pols. Its called washing cash. If you or I did it we would be in the slammer for 5 to 10.

Jack...Jack...Jack...I am very glad you had the good fortune to be able to pay for your meds on your own! Kudos to you! But that doesn't meant that everyone else can or is able. I agree with Grinch as well...I am not saying that I am going to quit my job and suck off the government because I can...but at the same time, I want to have the comfort in knowing that when I do get ill, and go through savings, retirement, investments and whatever else I may have saved up over the years, that I will not be left to die because I can't afford my medications.

Jack, good for you that you understand know how to invest, and that you have the disposable income to do that! But don't you dare glare down your nose at those who simply don't have the same fortune you have...it really hurts me deeply to think that you have decided to leave your humanity behind and stick with a group of people that could really careless about the people of this country.

Jack, I misspoke when I said we only have one thing in common...we have two things in common in this forum...we have HIV/AIDS and we are Americans. Jack, none of chose to get HIV...we didn't choose to be Americans...but we did choose our party affiliations...I am registered these days as a Democrat, why?? Because, I believe, truly believe that people, no matter who they are, or what they are, are decent, moral, and willing to help their fellow man. But, Jack, you have succeeded in doing something I never thought possible...You have succeeded in showing me that American's can be spiteful, ugly, contemptuous, and down right blind to the human condition staring them in the face.

Your party has left you in the cold Jack, your party doesn't care about you as a person...they only care about one thing...POWER! These republicans today only care if you have enough money to donate to their campaign coffers...what about putting that money into their communities and uniting people and crossing gender, race, and social class lines?? Your party doesn't care about the people! It's laughable to see that you actually believe that they do...

This forum, Jack, is for people looking for support, assistance and hope. Jack all you do, by your actions and your words is tell people to quit whining and put up with it! You are right Jack there are other diseases out there...but this disease, carries a stigma because a man named Ronald Regan refused to acknowledge it existed because it was only affecting faggots! That is your party's MO Jack...ignore it...it doesn't exist to them...because gay people aren't as equal or as "good" as the rest of America! I am sorry Jack that you are HIV positive...I am sorry that all of us are, but it anger's me to no end to come to this place and see you constantly putting the rest of down, because not all of us are as fortunate as you are!

It's a sad commentary on today's America Jack, that we still have a group of people in this country who have hide and live behind invisible walls to protect ourselves...Well, Jack, my final thought on this: Karma is a bitch Jack...and she keeps score! Remember what you put in, is what you get out. And when you put in as much negative energy as you have been...I am sorry for you. Just remember, that America, will be here for you when you need her, and we will too Jack...

Godspeed!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2006, 03:52:47 PM »
Can you believe it, the Dems won and we have not one single report of voting machine problems, african americans being physically restrained by Republicans from voting,and not one lawsuit. Too funny.

Um Jack...sorry but you're wrong here...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/07/election.voting/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/07/voting.problems.ap/index.html

You may want to catch up on some facts there buddy!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2006, 10:19:27 PM »
Ok, politics has never been my thing but I am concerned by something that was said....I can't find the quote, but it was about those that declare themselves disabled...I am not trying to start a war but just throwing my 2 cents in there as one who has been on disability for 3 yrs.

I did not ask to be on disability but my id doctor felt I should with the multiple things I have going on healthwise. I have never had problems getting a job and wishes to this day that I could go back to work. Disability is not all it's cracked up to be and I struggle every month to keep things afloat, even though I am living in govt' housing but I am also grateful for it too because w/o it where would I be.

I also agree there are those that abuse the system. I knew someone that was trying to get on disability to avoid paying child support, and it sickened me. Just my absent minded thoughts.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

The Royal Blog

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.