HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

I think i am destined to have this virus

(1/7) > >>

IndianMale:
Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate if you could read through my story below and tell me if I have a probability of getting HIV!

I am a 28 male from India.I am a heterosexual.I dont have any History of homosexual relations and IV drug abuse.

Here are the points that are worrying me:-

1) In early 2000 I had sex with a prostitute without a condom.

2) In 2004 I had sex with a prostitute with a condom but she bled heavily on the condom.

3) From 2004 to 8th April 2006 I had sex with different prostitutes but all incidents were protected with a condom and lasted around 2 to 5 minutes.

All incidents were insertive vaginal sex and sometimes oral also.

Here is my testing History:-

1) I got tested for HIV and hepatitis on 24th May 2006 (after approx 7 weeks from 8th April) from two different clinics and the results were

ImmunoBlot = negative
MEIA = negative
EIA = negative.

2) I got tested for HIV on 4th November 2006 (after approx 6 monts and 3 weeks from 8th April ) by ELISA and the test was non reactive.

3) I got tested for Syphillis on 4th November 2006 (after approx 6 monts and 3 weeks from 8th April ) by RPR and the test was non reactive.

My questions are :-

1) Do I need any further testing for HIV and Syphillis?

2) Can I be sure I am HIV negative?

3) Can I still seroconvert and turn HIV positive?

4)The lab techinician told me that these tests will cover even if i had an exposure 14 days back. Is this true ?

some more concerns are :-

The condoms that I have used on prostitutes were all supplied by them.Now what if those condoms were expired or were kept in conditions not suitable for their storage e.g. heat etc.
Can the risk of getting HIV increase by using such condoms?

I am also worried about the quality of the condoms.
Does the risk of getting HIV increase by using inferiror condoms?

I dont know if the condoms worked properly thats why I am very worried !!!!

I want to go ahead and test again.when should be the right time?

Thanks
Love u all !

RapidRod:
You are HIV negative and you do not need to retest. When a condom fails you will know it. Continue to use condoms and keep having safer sex.

IndianMale:
Hi Rapid,

I still have some concerns ...

The condoms that I have used on prostitutes were all supplied by them.Now what if those condoms were expired or were kept in conditions not suitable for their storage e.g. heat etc.

Can the risk of getting HIV increase by using such condoms?

How much time does one take to seroconvert ? There is a lot of confusion regarding the Window Period for HIV. Also i have re occuring throat infections.I have always had them and had them before the encoutner as well. Since April 2006 I have been living in constant fear of HIV,AIDS and death.It reached a point where i could not take it any more and I began testing.

But I am so guilty of my actions. I hate it the way people look at me when they draw blood for HIV testing.

And what about Syphillis testing ? Shall i continue that. I did not see any doctor regarding HIV so far.

Andy Velez:
You have reliably tested negative for HIV. You ARE HIV negative. Period. End of story.

Since you have also tested negative for syphilis at more than six months, that's a reliable result as well.

Sex workers don't want to catch HIV. There's no rational reason to believe the condoms you received from them were not reliable. If it will make you feel better then bring your own in the future. Condoms provide very effective protection whether you are with a professional or a civilian. Just make sure you wear one everytime.

As far as your symptoms are concerned, they have nothing to do with HIV. Discuss them with your doctor if they continue.

This is not an HIV situation.

In general we do recommend that anyone who's sexually active ought to regularly have a full STD panel done. That means at least once a year and every six months is even better. Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV.

IndianMale:
After breathing a sigh of relief... testing negative at 7 months i think i have challeneged fate once more  :(

Just 7 hrs before i had sex with a pros..

I used a condom.She was on top. I never wanted to have insertive sex but she forced herself on top of me.i pushed her off after about half a minute.She then gave me a hand job with the condom on. Things that are worrying me are :-

1.Some watery fluid was on my thigh and it soldified there.i think it was from the condom.

2.i think the condom broke.

3.i think i may have gotten in contact with her vaginal fluid that was on the condom while i was taking the condom off.

Right now :-

1) my back aches and i have got cold feet.my leg aches and i feel like shit

2) right after i came in the condom i sweat heavily.

3) Over all i am full of Lethargy with a slight stomachache.

Can i take any meds so hiv does not spread in my body ?

Please help i am so scared and think i am infected this time. what can i do i dont wanna die

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version