Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Issentress(raltegravir) Side effects?

(1/8) > >>

kaamos:
Hi everybody:

Greetings from Colombia. Well, first at all some of my history.Im gay 34 years old, in 2010 i was diagnosed with PML (Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy) by HIV, phase IV :\, much for medical negligence and strange symptoms not until i was very, very bad medics thought in hiv (about me.....uhmm i wasnt sane at all by very, very hard headaches.......anyway), my full recovery lasted three years. In this years i began to practice capoeira as therapy, to recover everything, my physical cordination, my short term memory, my fluent speak, and all my confidence.
I began with efavirenz that dont cross brain blood barrier, after that i began with Kaletra and 3tc/azt(lamividine/zidovudine), that save my life, but i began to have digestive problems i have horrible ninja farts(silent but deadly) much of the time.Work in that way has been ......uhmmm..uncomfortable for me and people around me, also i have libido and erection problems. I talk with my medics and they decided change my medication for Issentress(raltegravir) and the same old 3tc/azt(lamividine/zidovudine).
Ive read that Issentress is one of the best medications, but im concerned about insomnia and lost of muscular mass, ive been on 'diet' by farts issues (no way to eat all that i want) and some skinny. Problems that ive read, has been with  Issentress/truvada combo.
I just wanna know your experience with Issentress

Thanks

And a good day

ad2san:
Hi There. I am on this combo too. I cannot report any sleep or muscular issue ... libido is unchanged (too low imho  ;D) and no erectile dysfunction (finger crossed).

I take the medication w/breakfast "all in one"

Take care.

kaamos:
Thanks ad2. :D ;)

eric48:
This regimen should be easy enough

In a thread, that is not too old, ad2san and others discussed about taking Issentress all at same time

I gotretty much convinved by their arguments

You may want to discuss this with your Doc since once daily dosing is much more convinient

That would mean changing your azt with an other molecule

Azt ... If you could get this replaced, I think most posters here would think it would be nice

Try to get that discussion,if you can

Tonny2:

--- Quote from: kaamos on August 26, 2014, 01:16:38 PM ---Hi everybody:

Greetings from Colombia. Well, first at all some of my history.Im gay 34 years old, in 2010 i was diagnosed with PML (Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy) by HIV, phase IV :\, much for medical negligence and strange symptoms not until i was very, very bad medics thought in hiv (about me.....uhmm i wasnt sane at all by very, very hard headaches.......anyway), my full recovery lasted three years. In this years i began to practice capoeira as therapy, to recover everything, my physical cordination, my short term memory, my fluent speak, and all my confidence.
I began with efavirenz that dont cross brain blood barrier, after that i began with Kaletra and 3tc/azt(lamividine/zidovudine), that save my life, but i began to have digestive problems i have horrible ninja farts(silent but deadly) much of the time.Work in that way has been ......uhmmm..uncomfortable for me and people around me, also i have libido and erection problems. I talk with my medics and they decided change my medication for Issentress(raltegravir) and the same old 3tc/azt(lamividine/zidovudine).
Ive read that Issentress is one of the best medications, but im concerned about insomnia and lost of muscular mass, ive been on 'diet' by farts issues (no way to eat all that i want) and some skinny. Problems that ive read, has been with  Issentress/truvada combo.
I just wanna know your experience with Issentress

Thanks

And a good day

--- End quote ---

ojo    hola colombiano...I've been taking Isentress for seven years (twice a day), no problems at all....I agree with Eric48, if possible, try to get de zidovuine switched, I guess you are taking Combivir, right? or lamivudine and zidovudine...buena suerte...good luck     ojo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version