POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 05:04:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 24036
  • Latest: Juapab
Stats
  • Total Posts: 647176
  • Total Topics: 49306
  • Online Today: 211
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The dregs of August TV  (Read 301 times)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
The dregs of August TV
« on: August 22, 2014, 03:07:34 PM »
The Honourable Woman - was sort of OK.  Didn't really like the delaying games being played with the viewer, didn't love Gyllenhaal's performance, did like some of the other characters, such as Grace Dent, (the Nurse Jackie actress).  Lame ending...

The Strain.  I only moderately like this. I had higher expectations. It is very slow.  Also, the last 10 minutes of each episode are bad, and the ending is always sudden and like a thud, dud.  The episodes just end.

True Blood - just get it over with.  zzzzzz

Extant - Halle Berry isn't a very compelling performer.  I'm still watching but why?

7 Deadly Sins - this freak show is enjoyable and well done, 2 episodes in.

Black Jesus - I don't roll on the floor laughing but its got something.

Finding Carter - I like this more than I should.  Glaring omissions from the plot. Like why there is NEVER a conversation about why the crazy lady kidnapped Carter in the first place.... The son is a good character. 

Frankly and Bash - am I even going to bother? 

Hot in Cleveland - love this.  Always laugh a lot. The animated musical episode was pretty great.

Masters of Sex - Masters is such a dick to everyone I find it hard to keep returning to this soap opera.  He seems IMPROBABLY dense about real communication with Johnson, as well as his feelings.  I realise that the character is supposed to be major damaged goods but still, he is such a dick.
I'll be sorry to see the "lady doc" with cancer go.  And where is the gay boss who is doing conversion therapy.  One brutal EST session, a promising story line, and then they shipped him off to Venice after his suicide attempt...  lame....

Suits - well the problem is I discovered I missed episodes at the end of last season so when I tuned into this one I was lost. And haven't had the time to go back to catch up.

The same is true of Teen Wolf.  I haven't watched the end of last season.  It was becoming impossible to "watch" in my method of not really watching, just glancing and listening while I do other things..  Also the music is so overbearing...

The Fosters - love this. Bravo Jennifer Lopez!

The Knick - snooze. and gross.

The Leftovers.  Love this. Not sure why I do.  Its creepy. It doesn't really jell even considering that its not supposed to jell, it jells even less.  But its classy somehow.

Under the Dome. Haven't even bothered with Season 2.  Is it good?

Welcome to Sweden. Lost interest after 3 episodes.

Witches of East End.  Haven't bothered yet with Season 2.

Wrapped up Hemlock Grove.  What pulpy nonsense.  But its about right in tone and easy enough to watch without having to watch it.  Also its creepy art direction and has good music.

Half way through Orange is the New Black and just not caring.  I did enjoy the reveals of the characters' backgrounds. But present day plots in the prison are zzz and even more far-fetched then they seemed last year...  Maybe the 2nd half of the season gets more intriguing and exciting?

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 03:12:53 PM by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Online leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: The dregs of August TV
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 09:45:12 PM »
you left #EverySimpsonsEver on FXX off the list  ;D

I'm two episodes behind on both Extant and The Strain... so I'll comment later

Under the Dome continues to be the fastest hour  :-* on my TV every Monday night...
followed by Teen Wolf  :-* :-*  #moonday is my favorite night of the week (so don't diss the high school  wolf pack)

true blood? sadly I'm glad it's ending. They should have followed the books more. They started going astray with the witches but after the authority, the vamp camp, and whatever this sucky season was about (hep v = aids maybe), they jumped the shark. This season has really pissed me off. They mishandled Alcide but finally came back to do right to Tara. yet all in all, a crappy season

i downloaded something from the brits called bluestone 42 so I'll see how that is.
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.