Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

How to switch meds

(1/2) > >>

Cojo:
Hey folks,

I haven't posted in a bit but I check in each day and am grateful for this forum and all of you.

I've been on Truvada and Isentress with much success for almost three years now. I am about ready to switch to Truvada and Tivicay for the sole reason of only having once a day dosing. My therapist is of the " if it's not broke, don't fix it category " but for me, I am feeling a tremendous amount of freedom in anticipating only "interacting" with HIV once a day. It may seem trite, but it is one step closer to freedom from this bug for me. Can anyone relate?

Also, when switching up, I assume it is a straight switch - drop Isentress am dose and just start Tivicay with no overlap - am I correct

As always, thx folks

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: Cojo on August 10, 2014, 02:29:16 PM ---
Also, when switching up, I assume it is a straight switch - drop Isentress am dose and just start Tivicay with no overlap - am I correct

--- End quote ---

yes

Cojo:
Thanks Miss P

Cojo:
A quick update...

I switched out Isentress for Tivicay a week ago with zero side effects or troubles. Taking pills just once a day has been a real boost for me from the perspective that I need only intersect with this reality once a day...silly as it sounds, it feels one step closer to freedom.

PuppyCub:

--- Quote from: Cojo on August 26, 2014, 09:00:50 PM ---A quick update...

I switched out Isentress for Tivicay a week ago with zero side effects or troubles. Taking pills just once a day has been a real boost for me from the perspective that I need only intersect with this reality once a day...silly as it sounds, it feels one step closer to freedom.

--- End quote ---

That's good to hear! Hopefully it continues to be good with you and that particular combination! I know I recently switched from Atripla to Complera, and only have a minor side effect (that is, the insomnia), but it was far worse on the Atripla (I actually can SLEEP now! LOL)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version