HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Admiration and respect

(1/1)

hasher78:
Hi Guys,

Wanted to say that I really respect the regular posters here. It's amazing and inspirational to me that such a group of people can come together for a higher good and remain motivated about helping other people.

I've been lurking this forum for a time now, and I've learnt alot about the heights that the human spirit can reach, and I wanted to really encourage you guys. You've left a great impression on me and I hope that you keep up the good work. I'm pretty sure that it can get really tiring, since alot of WWs, keep asking the same questions over and over. I would have given up along time ago.

But you guys keep at it week after week, day after day. I'm sure that you have your own problems but you choose to focus on bigger things than yourself.

I was listening to the radio this morning, and some jackass DJs were talking about how they wouldnt kiss HIV+ people because they were scared about contracting it from open sores in the mouth. They justified their conversation by terming it a "real debate..."!

I can understand talking about HIV and its social implications. Now, thats a REAL debate. BUT spreading false information, like you can contract it from kissing a HIV+ person was just plain wrong. There was no debate there, the DJs only added to the fear and social stigma that this epidemic currently is associated with.

I thought about this forum immediately and realized the amount of stupid false information that you have to debunk every day, day-in-day-out. And this false information is coming from main-stream media!

To cut the bullshit...You guys are doing a great job, and though it may get lonely at times...please remember that there are people who you have helped and are appreciative.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version