POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 03:34:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23488
  • Latest: shashmi
Stats
  • Total Posts: 638974
  • Total Topics: 48507
  • Online Today: 210
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New Stuff  (Read 2279 times)

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
New Stuff
« on: November 03, 2006, 09:42:55 AM »
Hello, just thought I'd let ya'll know what's going on with me.  Had a doctor's appointment Monday. New labs, CD4-350, VL undetectable.   Which is great to me. I had a biopsy done Thursday and a colposcopy scheduled for next month. i will get the biopsy results back in 2 weeks and am hoping the colposcopy will just show dysplasia instead of cervical cancer. I hope the biopsy comes back negative as well. Anyway , there is much more but it is not related to HIV.  My 17 YO is in jail awaiting triall for quite a few charges , his court date is the 28 and I am so worried about him. My 3 yo is thriving and talking a mile a minute, right now he's doing his absolutely most favorite thing in the world , working out in the yard with Grandpa. Oh, and I got promoted to Shift supervisor , which is cool. That's my new stuff for right now. Hope for the best for everyone.  Cristy
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 07:49:56 AM by cjc »

Offline RapidRod

Re: New Stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 09:48:49 AM »
Christy, that is a mother's instinct to worry. You worrying about him is not going to help you or him. Nothing has ever been helped by worrying. Right now he might be in a little bind but it's not the end of his life. Now for the little one. There you have enough worries on your hands. Good luck to your son and you take care of that little one. Things have a way of working out.

Rodney

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 10:48:35 AM »
Hi Christy

Your numbers are great honey!   Sorry about the trouble with your son, I know that is extremely disturbing to you.    Remember, you have to take care of YOU first.

love & hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline chemistry001

• http://www.mygaydar.com/chemistry001
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 06:47:45 PM »
Good numbers Cristy, sorry to hear of your other not so good news. Like Rodney said, worrying is part of being a mother, stay positive.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Paul xx
Diagnosed 01/08/06
CD4-9, VL->500,000, CD4% 1
Started on Sustiva/combivir 22/08/06 changed to kivexa 18/09/06
02/10/06
CD4-50, VL-1496, CD4% 5
04/12/06
CD4-112, VL-125, CD4% 7.5
22/02/07
CD4-121, VL-<50, CD4% 9
29/05/07
CD4-125, VL-71,(re-done 149), CD4% 11
25/09/07
CD4 -231, VL-74, CD4% 15
Cant remember the next few dates
17/01/08  Kaletra and Truvada
CD4 - 281, VL-115
06/03/08
CD4 - 287, VL-178

Offline Eldon

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 07:02:05 PM »
Hey Cristy,

You have good numbers with your labs. As far as the biopsy is concerned, just as you do, I am sending you my BEST wishes that the tests turn out to be fine. 

As a mother, you have every right to have a genuine concern for your son. However, just as Rod has mentioned; "don't worry yourself". There is only so much that you can DO. As for your three year old, he is the joy and inspiration in your life and it sounds like he is having a good time with his Grandpa.

I wanted to also wish you a big congratulations on your promotion as Shift Supervisor!!!

All things will work itself out for you and each and every one of us in due time.

Make the BEST out of each and every Day!

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 08:57:53 PM »
Your numbers are faboo (as Mr the Damned would say)

Wanna swap kids?  hehehehhehe

[attachment deleted by admin]
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 09:31:35 PM »
Thank you for the reply's. I try to stay fairly busy and that keeps my mind off of not so pleasant thoughts. Ya'll help as well cause I come every day and read but not always post. Lisa, thanks for the offer. Guess I'll keep the ones i have,I do love them, though if I remember correctly , your daughter was extremely well manneedr the time she updated us on you, I wish we could get some of that transfered to the older one.                        Oh, forgot to add in the original post, I started Altripla last night and so far so good. Thanks ya'll.   Cristy

Offline Teresa

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 09:35:27 PM »
Cristy,

Good luck with the Atripla.

I have 2 kids. A daughter 23 and son 21 and I know what its like to worry about them. Hope things go ok with your son. Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Nadine

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 07:56:49 AM »
Christy,

Your numbers are looking real good! YAY on your promotion, that is great news!
Good luck with all the rest of the crap going on in your life right now.

Take good care of yourself!

Offline aztecan

• 29 years positive, 57 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 08:44:46 AM »
Hey Christy,
Your numbers look good to me. How's the Atripla doing?

Sorry about the boy child. The closest I come to having children is my clients, some of whom call me Tio Pelon (uncle baldy).

Hang in there youngun.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 11:54:08 PM »
Thanks for the reply's .I do have quite a bit to be happy about and maybe this will give the17YO incentive to act right, as much as I love him I can't save him, only he can do that. I did  put some money in his canteen so he can get some toiletries and candy. Anyway thanks again,  Cristy

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 12:35:46 AM »

Cristy,

I am sorry to hear about the problems your son has brought on himself.  As a parent when they hurt we hurt, no way around it.  My mother's secret was lots of red hair coloring to cover up the grays.   

Hopefully the results from the tests will be favorable.   You don't need any other distractions in your life to take time from your precious three year old.

Thomas
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 09:20:17 AM »
Hang in there Cristy....No doubt your son's legal problems weigh heavy upon you and let us hope things work out for the best
though clearly that's hard to imagine at this point.  Right now your grand son needs you more than ever so focus your attention
on him.  Congradulations on the promotion...although it must be difficult to enjoy your success at this time. 
I know it sounds cliche' but sometimes things work out for the best.... Good luck and God bless.
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 09:46:25 AM »
Cristy,

The Mighty Matty the Damned is sorta limited in what he can do and say at the moment. Nevertheless, he has read this thread with some concern and wants you to know that he thinks of you often.

I don't know much doll, but I do know that when an Aussie is having a hard time, he or she takes great comfort in:

Wombat Power!

Just ask Mouse. ;)

With fondest love,

MtD

Offline Christine

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 02:36:03 PM »
Hi Cristy,

I am sorry things are not going real well for you right now. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that everything works out.

Congratulations on your promotion, and good luck with the Atripla.

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 03:12:49 PM »
Thanks ya'll. Matty, the wombat is cute.Hope you are getting better. David, The 3yo is my second son, there are 13 years between them. A public defender has been assigned to my 17YO but I have never had great results with them. We will just have to see. i will update around the 28th which is first court date. Cristy
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 06:09:23 PM by cjc »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.