HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Super Worried - Strip Club Fingering

(1/1)

mpoll:
Hello.  My case is sort of unique I think.  I have rheumatoid arthritis and take steroids to help with the pain.  I know steroids lower your immune system.

A few months ago I went to a strip club and fingered a stripper, nothing else happened.  Now I'm totally freaking out that with the medicine I take, my immune system is vulnerable to HIV, more than someone else. I;m not sexually active otherwise, so no other exposure. 

Is this possible?  Did I put myself in huge danger here?   

RapidRod:

--- Quote from: mpoll on June 24, 2014, 02:19:56 PM ---Hello.  My case is sort of unique I think.  I have rheumatoid arthritis and take steroids to help with the pain.  I know steroids lower your immune system.

A few months ago I went to a strip club and fingered a stripper, nothing else happened.  Now I'm totally freaking out that with the medicine I take, my immune system is vulnerable to HIV, more than someone else. I;m not sexually active otherwise, so no other exposure. 

Is this possible?  Did I put myself in huge danger here?

--- End quote ---
you never had and exposure, HIV is  not transmitted by fingering.

mpoll:
Hello guys.  I posted on here regarding a fingering risk and got my answer, but still went ahead and tested via oraquick at 3 months, which was negative thank god.  I did mention in my first post that i take meds for arthritis that lower my immune system and now i also read that meds that do that can delay a person producing antibodies.  So, how acurate is my 3 month negative? Do i need to retest at 6 months or used some other test?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff G:
Please only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter, you can find your thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here .

You never had a risk ... if this is your only concern, unprotected anal or vaginal sex or shooting up after an infected person in the last 3 months then you do not need to test again over this specific no risk incident . Your meds will not make a no risk situation into a risk and it would not effect your test .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version