HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Sucking sex worker's nipples? Should I test for HIV? Is there any risk?

(1/2) > >>

warmut78:
Hello. I recently went to a nightclub in south america where I went to a room with a girl (sex worker) who worked there. I have to point out we: (i) DID NOT have sexual intercourse (vaginal nor anal), (ii) DID NOT kiss; (iii) DID NOT perform oral sex (of any kind); (iv) DID NOT masturbate each other. However, the only contact I had was laying in the bed with her and with her breasts, specifically sucking and kissing her nipples for some minutes.

I know I shouldn’t be worried due to the fact that we didn’t engage in any other sexual activities (apart from sucking her nipples) but I still am (I’m a very nervous and anxious person). Also, I have to specify that her breasts and nipples looked OK, and had no wounds or scars.

I would really thank you if you could give me a certain answer regarding my question related to weather if sucking the girl’s nipples would be a risky situation or not.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Joe K:
Sucking nipples is not a risk for HIV infection.

The risk factors for HIV are ...

Sharing IV drug needles immediately after use.
Unprotected anal and vaginal sex.
Mother to child during or shortly after birth.
Very specific healthcare situations.

Use condoms for vaginal and anal sex consistently and correctly and you will avoid HIV infection, it is that simple.

Joe

warmut78:
Thank you very much for your quick reply Joe.

Your answer is direct and precise, nevertheless I was wondering if I could add a brief question, just to be sure I covered the whole scenarios.

Now that I understand sucking nipples is not a risk for HIV infection, I would like to know... ¿Is that statement true even if the person's nipples had wounds/bleeding/lactating? ¿Does it matter if my mouth had wounds or scars?¿Or sucking nipples is NEVER an HIV risky situation?

Sorry for bothering you again.

Thanks a lot.

Joe K:
Sucking nipples is not a risk for HIV infection, even with wounds.  HIV is a very fragile virus and when exposed to air, changes in ph and temperature render the HIV unable to infect.  The mouth is another barrier that contains over a dozen different enzymes and proteins that alter the HIV and render it unable to infect.

There is no risk in sucking nipples.

Joe

warmut78:
Thank you very much for all your answers Joe.

Sorry for insisting on my questioning... nevertheless, I still had one last doubt:

Would it be an HIV risk situation if somebody else sucked the sex worker's breasts and/or ejaculated on them right before I sucked on them???

Thank you again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version