POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 06:26:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 638902
  • Total Topics: 48503
  • Online Today: 190
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 143
Total: 146

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Where do I go from here?  (Read 414 times)

Offline initforlife

Where do I go from here?
« on: June 23, 2014, 07:48:38 PM »
I have posted in many places in this forum. I really had to walk away from this site and other hiv sites.  I was going crazy thinking it was really my meds. but I do believe it was I was just overwhelm with it all..  I'm a 50yr straight woman, who got hiv from my fwb who I had been seeing for the last three years. I believe I was infected on Christmas day Yay Merry Christmas to me! found out I was + in march after my fwb told me he had tested +  I still talk and see this guy even though he has said some very hateful things to me over the last few months. but I do understand we are both dealing with a lot at this time so I'm ok with it somewhat now. My problem is I live in a really rural area . I'm thankful I got the treatment and meds almost right away after talking with a case worker. ( I do consider my self lucky after reading some of what y'all went through) My problem is I have tons of friends but none I can tell about my + status. I did tell a close family member which in returned told my whole family. Now some act like they are going to catch something from me.  I just really truly need people in my area who is going through what I am there has to be groups around this area I just can't find anything.  Oh I no longer work was approve for ssd in May Had other issues before I found out I was hiv including a scare of cancer of the lymph nodes. turns out this was the Hiv that had everything swollen. not sure why they didn't test for hiv while I was in hospital in Jan. with all this going on but they said I showed no risk factors. Well I didn't but he was bi and didn't tell me even after I asked him many times.  Oh well to late now  Please bear with me I have had every damn emotion a person can have in last few months and I really just want my life to go back to normal! tried of crying and being depressed it is not me!
I should have known he was bi

Online zach

• not fade away
Re: Where do I go from here?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 08:01:45 PM »
((((((((init)))))))))
gonna go up to the mountain, for to find a little peace
looking over the valley, for the beauty i see
out across the hills, forevermore

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 10:01:18 PM »
Hello in it,

I am compelled to respond to your post. I was diagnosed several months before I turned 50. That was 10 years ago.

And although I live in an urban area, over time, it has been this site where I've felt most connected to an HIV-positive community.

I'm not the support group type or I don't think I am. Early on, I got a lot of insight reading the posts of others here. Sorry to read that one of your family members was not discreet about you. That had to make you so angry and sting so deeply.

If you can swing it, I would strongly suggest that you attend one of the AM gatherings. It leaves a distinct and memorable impression to meet some of the people behind the words here.

It will read as rather silly to state to you that it gets better but in fact it does -- or can. While I have engaging work and family members who know of my diagnosis and treat me no differently than before--it's my visits to this site that are the tomato soup and cheese sandwich for my sometimes troubled mind.

You're on an obstacle course. And with a handle like 'initforlife' that indicates to me an admirable degree of spirit.

Don't be too hard on yourself as you go through the various emotions that are perfectly natural following a diagnosis of HIV. Sometimes for me it helps to take stock of what I have rather than what I don't have. So for example, you're in a rural setting and don't have the support group readily available. Envision being in rural South Africa or elsewhere where you may not have access to regular medications, fresh water and not a chance of having a caseworker.

Please understand, I'm not diminishing your angst or ache but giving you a technique  to use in those darkest times.

Em

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:15:40 PM by emeraldize »

Offline initforlife

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 06:37:13 PM »
Thanks y'all I really don't know why I'm having such a hard time these last few weeks so not like me.  I never get down even after they told me I had hiv  I was like ok  what do we do now? I guess I have so much stuff bottled up and now that all my Dr. apts Have slow down. I have had way to much time to think about the what if's. anyone else do the what if's? I know it isn't going to change a thing , but I can't seem to get past those at times . My numbers were great last time 63 i'm not sure if it  is UD I guess I don't even know what the guide lines are for UD and my cd4 count was great from the start so finding out early was very good. I know my fwb had the horrid lung infection which is how he found out.  So all and all I should be happy every day but darn it sometimes I'm just not !  but today is a  :) :) :) day!
I should have known he was bi

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 07:40:31 PM »
Great !!!

Re: what if 's doesn't everyone do that ?

With or without a virus?

Isn't that what Disneyland and NASA started with ?

What if.

Way better than what the if.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:44:49 PM by emeraldize »

Online zach

• not fade away
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 11:42:09 PM »
its a whirlwind mind fuck right from the start. just when you need your game tight, your feet are pulled out. spinning and confused. its a hard trip, but it settles down, you're hardened from it. just look at all of this as part of the process. learning how to live with it, and be in control of it.

one day you get in front of it, own it, and then its just a thing.
gonna go up to the mountain, for to find a little peace
looking over the valley, for the beauty i see
out across the hills, forevermore

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.