Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

Neuro/ psychology APPT, set up for tomorrow....

(1/15) > >>

J.R.E.:
 8)

I had an appointment on Monday to discuss the labs that were taken last month. I usually see the nurse practitioner to talk over those results with.  I like her, and she is really sharp. Everything is well with the labs. Could be better but hey,..

Her background is psychology, and she has just written a paper, dealing with HIV and the brain, especially in  those of us living long term with HIV.

She asked me if I would be interested in having a battery of tests done, which may or may not include a brain scan.

Of course I said "Yes".   Seems lately, that I am getting even more forgetful at times, and it really bothers me, when I am having a conversation, and totally go blank in mid-sentence, and start fumbling and searching for words.

She understands completely what I am speaking of. 

So, She said she was gong to schedule an appointment, with Neuro/psychology, for me, which if I understood her completely consists of 5 or 6 different tests, and the possibility of a brain scan.

Long story short, The Neuro Doctor, just called me about an hour ago, and said they can get me in Thursday morning @ 8:30.  He also informed me that the appointment will last about 3 hours.

So, that's where I will be tomorrow, getting my head checked  :P I assured Ed that they will find nothing going on up  there !  HA-HA !  ::)

I will update tomorrow after the appointment, let you all know whats going on, and what took place.

Ray

mitch777:

--- Quote from: J.R.E. on May 21, 2014, 10:09:10 AM --- 8)

Of course I said "Yes".   Seems lately, that I am getting even more forgetful at times, and it really bothers me, when I am having a conversation, and totally go blank in mid-sentence, and start fumbling and searching for words.

She understands completely what I am speaking of. 

So, She said she was gong to schedule an appointment, with Neuro/psychology, for me, which if I understood her completely consists of 5 or 6 different tests, and the possibility of a brain scan.

Ray

--- End quote ---

Good luck tomorrow Ray. I have that same thing going on with my memory. Sometimes I end up speaking faster in hopes that I get it "all out" before the memory fails. lol.

Looking forward to hearing about your visit.

m.

J.R.E.:

--- Quote from: mitch777 on May 21, 2014, 01:35:17 PM --- Sometimes I end up speaking faster in hopes that I get it "all out" before the memory fails. lol.

Looking forward to hearing about your visit.

m.

--- End quote ---

I hear ya !!

Thanks !

The only way I can describe things, is that sometimes I feel as though my brain is moving at lighting speed, and my mouth can't keep up when conversing ! :P

Or,....Maybe the mouth is moving faster then the thoughts,... .  ::)    But either way, loosing thought, even if it's for 5 seconds in mid-sentence is lousy, and it's happening more frequently.

I have excellent long term memory, but ask me where I ate lunch,  four hours after lunch, and sometimes I just can't remember.

Of course the brain kicks into overdrive when this happens, and I retrace the day leading up to lunch. And I can usually remember again in 10 or 15 seconds.

It's going to be an interesting visit at the doctors, tomorrow morning ! But I am finally glad that all this is going to be checked.

We'll see how it goes !

Thanks----Ray

Jeff G:
Best of luck Ray . I have almost identical problems with my memory and speech so I understand how disconserting it can be . Sometimes when Im talking I get lost in it and occasionally Im embarrassed . Please let us know how it went and how you are doing .     

J.R.E.:

--- Quote from: Jeff G on May 21, 2014, 08:33:44 PM ---Best of luck Ray . I have almost identical problems with my memory and speech so I understand how disconserting it can be .     

--- End quote ---

Thanks Jeff,

And it's not just the speech. Another thing I've noticed happening more frequently, is when I am typing a post here,  The thoughts are in my head, and I start typing...

After I look at the completed post, There are complete words sometimes missing from the sentence, to the point where the sentence makes no sense at all ! :o

There has been many times when I've attempted to post something, and it looks so screwed up, that I just say  "fuck it" and hit the browser back button.

Ray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version