Main Forums > Living With HIV

emigration only for non +

<< < (6/6)

Valmont:
I migrated to Canada after I descovered I was infected but HIV (Im from UE).  By the way, I discovered it during the migration processus.  It did not put me more difficulties, but I think it is because my CD4 were high and I was not yet under meds.

For now, Im quite surprised in regard to how the health system work here...  That means, I had a better health access in Ecuador (because of free meds and facilities to have an appoitement with a doc).  In my work, I had better facilities tan here...  Here, my doc is in Montreal, gives appointments only on the week and on the morning, you take it or you leave it...   and I have to spend 3 hours to go there,
It is very hard to do the blood check because Im away from my hospital and because I start working before laboratories opens (and I cannot have facilities in my work to do them...).  Also, I have to get the Atripla brand that is terribly costly and there are no accesses to generic HIV treatments (my insurance is terribly bad, it would almost be better for me not to work...).  Since my last CD4/VL in Ecuador, I only could do one and the dont give the results by Email...  So, from august 2013 before I left, I dont know really how I am in regard to HIV and only me a doc once... 

Strange no?

In regard to latent TB (I also have), my doc is very supportive and comprensive, she is also in Montreal, but accepted to give me appointment at the very last time of the day and it.

Two weeks ago, I got a very nasty cold, but because I have not been able to find a doc who accepted new patient, I could not even stop working...

For sure, in Ecuador, we had lack of medecine sometime or reagent for some lab Works and the situation is very very weak...

Health care are not only the access to a doctor or to medecines, but all the combination of facilities to keed a good health.  In capitalist economies, where health is a service in the market, that kind of things exists...

In regard to migration, I also believe the best professionnal opportunities are in the developping world, but the "developped world" offers you other kind of things like security or education (in my point of view...)...  Australia may be a very interesting place to live where, you should try and have failth... 

lusopt:

--- Quote from: mecch on April 21, 2014, 11:01:23 AM ---Where did you read something that leads you to this wrong generalisations that "in the USA people were actually buying themselves their meds" ????

In the usa people have private insurance, often through employers, they can now have insurance through state exchanges, and/or people have government insurance for low income, retired, disable, veterans, etc.  VERY FEW people all over the world in "rich countries" are rich enough to buy their medicine at developed-world prices.

--- End quote ---

I misunderstood, sorry. Things work diferent just that.
Im not blocked in Portugal, i know i can go anywhere in Europe, but the truth is that it wouldnt change much , Australia and Canada are te best choices for my skills and economic recognition.

mustrlon:

--- Quote from: lusopt on April 25, 2014, 05:44:05 PM ---I misunderstood, sorry. Things work diferent just that.
Im not blocked in Portugal, i know i can go anywhere in Europe, but the truth is that it wouldnt change much , Australia and Canada are te best choices for my skills and economic recognition.

--- End quote ---

I am an Aussie citizen, would LOVE to have your EU passport and be 100% keen to exchange if there was such thing :) Mine gives me Australia and New Zealand - both on the other side of the world, yours gives you 20-30  exciting European countries. Not sure about your industry, but London has plenty of work opportunities despite the economic situation in Europe and UK (all the people I know got work there- much easier than Sydney or Melbourne).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version