Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

An on-going thread

<< < (66/82) > >>

harleymc:
Mitch  if you haven't had a black eye since you were a kid then you must've been living in some very dull hoods.

Good to here you survived your surgical 'street cred'.

mitch777:

--- Quote from: harleymc on August 27, 2014, 05:51:34 PM ---Mitch  if you haven't had a black eye since you were a kid then you must've been living in some very dull hoods.

Good to here you survived your surgical 'street cred'.

--- End quote ---

Just a milk toast life. What can I say. Guess I will have to settle with the surgical Cred. Too funny. Glad to see you noticed my trauma and drama.

J.R.E.:

--- Quote from: mitch777 on August 26, 2014, 01:42:23 PM ---So, I had my MOHS surgery done this morning at Yale. Geez, they took out a chunk the size of a penny! Stitched under the skin then more stitches on top to close up the 2" slice.

Most of the time was waiting for results of the tissue. Spent 3 1/2 hours there but they send you into a waiting room with coffee, bagels, and pastries.  8)

Oh, and they said I will most likely get a black eye. Haven't had one of those since I was a kid.

--- End quote ---

Hope you're healing well and quickly. !  Ed had this done ( MOHS) a little while back and it took about the same amount of time.  Four times they had to cut on him.

Ray

mitch777:

--- Quote from: J.R.E. on August 27, 2014, 08:20:50 PM ---
Hope you're healing well and quickly. !  Ed had this done ( MOHS) a little while back and it took about the same amount of time.  Four times they had to cut on him.

Ray

--- End quote ---

Thanks Ray. Just was kinda surprised at the extent of it this time. I went through this last year or the year before , just in a better area and less carving.This near-the-eye crap. ugh. Im sure all will be well and good in no time. I just like to bitch about petty stuff like this that keeps interfering with my normal struggles. lol.

J.R.E.:

--- Quote from: mitch777 on August 27, 2014, 09:02:16 PM ---Thanks Ray. Just was kinda surprised at the extent of it this time. I went through this last year or the year before , just in a better area and less carving.

--- End quote ---

When Ed had this done, it was on the upper inside portion of his  ear. There's very little in there to scrape and cut ! When he went back about 4-6 days later, they said he was healing too fast, and the doctor, had to scrape and freshly, reopen it again, to slow down the healing process, to help prevent any scarring. He did well though. Can't even notice where it was done, and thankfully, no signs of anything reoccurring.

I was helping in changing the bandages and applying the ointment everyday( As He has done for me many a time),.. after his procedure. The ear can be very tricky in keeping covered and keeping it looking somewhat neat. It can be tough to bandage.  Ed has always had a tendency to reach for and touch or grab his ears, and run his hands over his face, while sleeping, ( he's been like this ever since I met him) so I was always trying to keep an eye on him, when I felt movement in the bed ! I had to grab his hands while he was sleeping and attempting this, in order that the bandages, and gauge not be torn off.  I was a light sleeper for a week and a half  :)

Several months after that procedure, he then had the procedure with that cream and light :

http://www.thewoodruffinstitute.com/our-services/laser-tratments/photodynamic-therapy-blue-light-treatment/

So far he appears to be doing alright after that procedure.  I haven't noticed anything else, going on with my skin, after that basal cell removal from my nose last year.

Lets hope that your dermatological visits will come to an end, or at least become less frequent ! 

So far for me, everything appears alright. I haven't noticed anything new on my skin, and I do keep a close eye on things ! There's just too much history of Keratosis  and Basal cell carcinoma, for me, so at the first signs, I'm making an appointment !

Take care--Ray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version