POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 06:41:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 643512
  • Total Topics: 48964
  • Online Today: 174
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 109
Total: 110

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Will the real Nancy please come out of the closet !!  (Read 857 times)

Offline Nancy

• No one belongs in jail for a Plant!!!
    • The Human Solution International
Will the real Nancy please come out of the closet !!
« on: October 07, 2014, 03:54:10 PM »
Since after being able to keep my deep dark secret for 20 years, this wasn't the way I had intended to come out....  A few of you knew me as Deborah .... now the world knows ... 

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/sep/24/little-lawsuit-medical-marijuana-raid-search/
Deborah Cadigan-Little
Diagnosed Oct 1993
Member since Sept 2002
Meds Dec 2003

Offline Almost2late

Re: Will the real Nancy please come out of the closet !!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 05:38:29 PM »
Wishing you and your husband the very best of luck.. Like zack said, you really do rock!!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 08:40:07 PM »
Wishing you and your husband the very best of luck.. Like zack said, you really do rock!!

This board is for LTS only, it happens we all post in the wrong forum now and then .

Zack, you know better so I removed your post . 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 07:34:14 AM »
Welcome back, please let us know how this all turns out. 

take care

greg
Complacency is the enemy.  ;)  Challenge yourself daily for maximum  return on investment.

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined Dec-2003 Living positive, since 1985.
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 05:58:42 PM »
Hi Deborah,...

Wishing you and Dennis, the very best, on your upcoming suit !! I hope you all kick ass.!!

Medical marijuana, will be on the ballot this November in Florida. It will require 60% of the vote, to pass this as a constitutional amendment. This amendment is also going to bring more people to the polls in November, so wish us luck as well !!

http://ballotpedia.org/Florida_Right_to_Medical_Marijuana_Initiative,_Amendment_2_%282014%29

Take care---Ray  8)
Current Meds ; Viramune, Epzicom, 40mg of simvastatin, 12.5mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Metoprolol tartrate 25mg

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40802.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=45159.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39722.msg495621;topicseen#msg495621

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=46806.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39414.msg491701#msg491701

In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started my first  HAART regimen  on October 24th,03.

As of 8/2514,  t-cells are at 402, Viral load <40

Current % is at 11%

62 years young.

Offline Nancy

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 10:16:52 PM »
Thanks Ray,

Our standing up and fighting this all the way to Jury trial changed a lot in San Diego.    Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that after being able to keep my + status a secret for 20 years, that it'd become my greatest weapon.

From a hermit to an Activist.... who knew  :o
Deborah Cadigan-Little
Diagnosed Oct 1993
Member since Sept 2002
Meds Dec 2003

Offline harleymc

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 06:54:48 AM »
Good luck with it all Nancy.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 07:34:59 AM »
This happened to you for growing plants for your own use in a state where it's legal? Wtf. And then the details of the arrest and the overboard arrest details -- outrageous. That must have been very traumatizing.

You should be very proud of yourself for standing up, coming out, and doing what was right for yourself instead of just accepting some lame plea deal. Well done.
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline Nancy

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 08:33:31 PM »
Thanks Miss Philicia and harleymc.....  Yea, go figure, the DEA/NTF/ and local LE has nothing better to do in San Diego except fly over peoples houses and peep in their back yards.  We saw the helicopter go over, turn around and hover the first time and didn't remove any of the plants, because we were legal..... I wish I could of been a fly on the wall when they returned with all the empty pickup trucks and had to explain where the other 100 plants they said they saw went. 
Deborah Cadigan-Little
Diagnosed Oct 1993
Member since Sept 2002
Meds Dec 2003

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 03:24:15 PM »
Well I know you as Nancy, so I'll say "welcome back" Nancy, and WOW.  I had read this story and seen the photo, of course having no idea that it was YOU.

Kudos for your bravery in this ridiculous mess.  I think the world has gone crazy, and law enforcement officers seem to be leading the pack. 

Do you still have those lovely cats?

Best of luck to you, dear.
Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 03:52:25 AM »
You're a hero, Nancy, for being true to yourself and not letting law enforcement get away with bullying.  They have been in the news quite a bit lately because of their outrageous actions. Good luck with this, I wish you all the best!

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline Nancy

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 02:21:51 PM »
Alan!!!  <3

Today is the 2 year anniversary of the raid..... so it's really been a roller coaster ride.  I have found a peace in all this that is so refreshing, since I lived in such terror the previous 20 years worrying about anyone finding out about my status..... Now I've sat thru so many news media interviews and it rolls off my tongue like it was nothing.... Even had the German TV station ARD here all day doing a story on how screwed up the US is with some states legalizing it for rec use, others only medical use, to people still doing Life Without Parole .... Randy Lanier, the race car drive, doing life without parole was pardoned two days ago after serving 27 years..... It's all been an eye opener and given me a purpose.  We are on the go all the time doing court support for others, meetings with a couple MMJ activist groups that stood up for us doing the 18 month trial, and basically fighting for others rights.  I'm still having tons of medical issues, but I'm definitely happier :)

BT65 & Alan......  we are hoping, at least in San Diego County, that this law suit will make the cops think twice in the future.... I'm not a hero, just a pissed off senior citizen LOL

Still have the cats... trying to get them down to a couple so I'm free to travel ...  a lot of patients still being arrested for their medicine and want to be there to stand up for them  >:(
Deborah Cadigan-Little
Diagnosed Oct 1993
Member since Sept 2002
Meds Dec 2003

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 03:07:31 PM »
Stay strong, honey.   I'm behind you 100%
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 11:06:42 AM »
Hello Nancy.

What an appalling attack on you and your Partner, extraordinary given the Police had access to your legal status.

The differences in amounts the Police put out will only help your case.

I wish you everything in your task to bring to heal this Fascist Policing.

Please keep us all informed and if its helpful for us to write in support please let us know.

All the citizens off your Police area must be concerned there Policing is ignoring the Laws and wasting there budject playing War Games against non attacking citizens , I am sure your area has legitimate crime that could use the money spent on attacking you as a military target.

Cowardly on top off squandering resources and breaking the law.

Michael
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 08:00:10 AM »
Nancy, pissed off senior citizens often become heroes lol.  I admire what you are doing to help others in similar situations.  What the police did to you all is a disgrace. The BS games the police have been playing with regular citizens are so prevalent; I honestly believe that has been going on forever, it's just with all the social media, the whole world is becoming aware.  It would be wonderful if it became a requirement for all officers to wear cameras which could not be turned off.

Honestly Nancy, I wish you only the best on this.  You've proven yourself to be quite the fighter. We're all cheering for you!

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline em

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 08:26:03 AM »
My ID doc has offered a Medical Marijuana license to me about ten years ago. I had thought it might not be safe the way the police have this shot first ask questions later para military approach to law enforcement. they teach in boot camp now there are two types of soldiers the quick and the dead which one are you ? Now are police force has  returning war vets and has taken on the same mentality They see us the normal Americans as insurgent combatants in need of pacification ?

I hope they award you lots of money and all my best to you

EM

Offline Nancy

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 01:19:38 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIVfhMhJ7JU&feature=youtu.be

Released today, prepared for the San Diego City Council

Deborah Cadigan-Little
Diagnosed Oct 1993
Member since Sept 2002
Meds Dec 2003

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 04:58:22 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIVfhMhJ7JU&feature=youtu.be

Released today, prepared for the San Diego City Council

Oh Nancy !!  :) ( Or I should say Deborah  :)  )

Thank you ( to both of you )  for sharing this, and putting the story out there ! It's tough for those, that don't understand the pain of Neuropathy, or dealing with cancer, and the effects of chemo or radiation treatment, let along dealing with an agency that's out of control.

Believe me, I understand, what both of you are going through.  I've stated it so many times, on this site that it probably sounds like a continuous loop tape, but I fully understand the pain of neuropathy.

Back in early 2004, with 16 tcells, I couldn't drive car !  Ed was doing most of the driving back then. Trying to push the clutch, or something as simple as the gas peddle, was not  possible back then. I have never had to deal with chemo, or radiation,..so I won't even begin to comment on the effects of that.

I know you've read it before, But back in 2004, I had to change positions at work, and take a desk job for my remaining 9 years at the company , before I retired this past December/2013.

There was no way possible, I could do the work that I loved doing, with the pain that I was having in my feet back then. I am thankful that today, I don't need any pain medication to get through my daily life, but it sure would be nice to know, that someday, I could have that choice, without govt intervention. I certainly don't know where I will be  1, 5 or 10 years from now.

We both early voted today, here in Pinellas County, Florida. We both voted YES on amendment 2, on allowing medicinal marijuana !!  :)    I hope it passes, I know it's going to be a tough sell here in Florida.  Lately there seems to be a declining support, all because of the lies being put out there. And I know some of these lies are being paid for by the pharmaceutical companies ! They want everyone to be on their " Roller Coaster ride"   >:(

I realized something now for quite a while. The older we get, the more stubborn and determined we get,. to fight the bullshit that goes on out there ! I also realized that the more stubborn and determined I get, the more I want to hang on to every day, and look forward to the next !  8) Ed just turned 63, and I will be 63 in December.

I hope some of  these youngsters wake up, before it's too late for them. The world is changing so quickly.

After Ed voted today, the poll worker showed Ed where the exit door was.  Ed said, "I'll wait here, I am waiting for someone.  The worker replied with " Are you waiting for your wife ?  ::)

Ed replied,  No, I am waiting for my husband !  ;D  The poll worker replied with " Well, If it works for you",  and then Ed replied with  " It's worked for 34 years. "  The poll worker  smiled !

I jokingly said to Ed, Watch him, and make sure he doesn't take our ballots out of the machine !

Thanks for sharing this video Deborah.  Wishing both of you the best,  Stay strong / Stay tough !!

Ray  8)

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 05:06:41 PM by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune, Epzicom, 40mg of simvastatin, 12.5mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Metoprolol tartrate 25mg

In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started my first  HAART regimen  on October 24th,03.

Current % is at 11%

62 years young.

Offline Nancy

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 11:35:10 PM »
Thank you all again for your encouragement !!  And Ray, I pray for your state.  Things are changing and little by little, we are winning the war..... 

We are members of The Human Solution, Intl this is involved with setting up chapters world wide, so far, it's only the US and Canada, but in the last 2 years, we have seen changes in the court cases when they have a group of us sitting in the court room 'observing' wearing our green ribbons.

We also became members of American for Safe Access that is national and does a lot of education, lobbying, city councils. 

The more people that get involved, the sooner we can get prohibition ended!!

One Love all
Deborah Cadigan-Little
Diagnosed Oct 1993
Member since Sept 2002
Meds Dec 2003

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 04:07:56 PM »
Hi Nancy
Gritting my teeth after watching the video I will put  on my Facebook page if thats ok with you .

Have you thought about putting it up on the other Forums to maximise hits?

Hugs to you
Michael
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 06:21:00 PM »
  And Ray, I pray for your state.  Things are changing and little by little, we are winning the war..... 

One Love all

And this is what it's all about, "CHANGE".  I absolutely refuse to believe that " CHANGE" is not possible. and once again, it's " CHANGE", that keeps me "alive",  "motivated" and "determined", and makes me a "survivor" !   :)and even though change has been slow, I am not disappointed.

The thing that pisses me off more than anything, are people sitting on their asses, waiting for "someone else "  to make their lives easier for them ! Meanwhile, a percentage of these people, can't get off their dead asses and even vote for the local officials ! 

Metoprolol tartrate 25mg

Current % is at 11%

62 years young.

Offline Nancy

« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 01:36:21 PM »
Thayer, feel free to share it..... Culture Magazine has an article coming out too.... the more publicity before the lawsuit is heard, the better our chances.... still working on getting the ACLU involved ...  I think he's talked to the ADA about this case too.

I was going to ask Andy if I could post this over into a couple other forums, but don't want to press my luck :(   .... I'd love to let Tim Horn know that his lunch with me here in San Diego has turned me around to be someone that I think he'd be proud of.

Ray....  We are having Life Without Parole prisoners released for non-violent mmj cases... San Diego is having a hard time sitting juries, people are no longer taking the plea deals (the governments life blood) and people like us are fighting back and showing them that we no longer roll over .....  Can't wait to hear how FL comes out in the election.... I know it's one of the more hard nosed states :(
Deborah Cadigan-Little
Diagnosed Oct 1993
Member since Sept 2002
Meds Dec 2003

Offline Nancy

Deborah Cadigan-Little
Diagnosed Oct 1993
Member since Sept 2002
Meds Dec 2003

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.