POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 06:04:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 632482
  • Total Topics: 47901
  • Online Today: 262
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 191
Total: 196

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: An on-going thread  (Read 10260 times)

Offline wolfter

Re: An on-going thread
« Reply #250 on: July 24, 2014, 08:28:53 AM »
Also, what happened to all the early risers?  I feel so alone in the mornings lately!!!! 

productivity breeds content

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #251 on: July 24, 2014, 08:59:18 AM »
Child please. I was up at 6am this morning.

I used to rise much later but since May I've been waking up at 6 or 7 every day. My midday nap throws everything off but I can't help it. I lay down on the sofa and can't stay awake.
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline wolfter

« Reply #252 on: July 24, 2014, 09:28:38 AM »
Since switching off the Isentress, I sleep in until about 6:30 or so everyday.  Previously, I was always up having coffee by 4:00.  I went from a mere few hours per day to about 5 now.  I don't take naps but have found myself resting more often. 

Even with my lame leg, I'm heading down to mow at the post.  We are so short handed and everyone has been taking up my slack. 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #253 on: July 24, 2014, 09:31:44 AM »
You only get five hours of sleep everyday? That doesn't sound very healthy.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #254 on: July 24, 2014, 10:25:29 AM »
MissP, I've expressed this concern ad naseum with my doctors to no avail.  But I also no longer feel exhausted so perhaps it's my "normal"?  What I experienced with the Isentress wasn't normal and I was so exhausted that I couldn't function correctly.

I've continued on with the Trazadone that my doctor prescribed a while back (before the med change) which doesn't really help with the sleep issues.  But I saw other benefits after a while.  Not sure what it's actually supposed to do, but it has slowed down my scattered brain and improved my focus.  OH, and my mood has stabilized and I'm enjoying my perfected personality.   ;D

Oh, that really should be addressed in another thread.  :)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
  • Vegas baby!
« Reply #255 on: July 25, 2014, 05:42:06 AM »
Also, what happened to all the early risers?  I feel so alone in the mornings lately!!!! 

Greg, I'm up by 4:30 every morning.  I'm usually on here no later than 5 am, and usually don't get off until 6 or 7.  So, I'm here, just earlier than you I'm afraid lol. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline wolfter

« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2014, 07:09:07 AM »
Good Morning Ms. Betty.  I slept in until almost 7:00 this morning which is definitely rare.  I was also asleep by 9:30 last night so this is one of the best night's sleep I've gotten in a long time. 

I'm sure the cause was that I worked super duty hard yesterday.  I have been stressing about the rest of my belongings in the outbuilding at my mom's.  I made several loads yesterday by myself.  An uninjured person could have done this in a couple of hours but it took me all day.

1 small load left!!!!!  I even managed to get the yard table down here.  Flipped it upside down into the back of my truck.  I was so exhausted that I planned on coming home and showering, grabbing a bite to eat and enjoying a nice glass of wine.  Instead, I showered and passed out on the couch for the entire night.  Normally, I find couches too uncomfortable to sleep on but it was great.

When do we get to see pictures of your new place?  You can email them to me if you want me to post them.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #257 on: July 25, 2014, 07:17:55 AM »
This nortriptyline my neurologist just prescribed to me definitely makes me sleepy. I think I went to bed at 10:30pm and got up at 7am.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2014, 07:25:00 AM »
This nortriptyline my neurologist just prescribed to me definitely makes me sleepy. I think I went to bed at 10:30pm and got up at 7am.

Is that a long term affect until your body gets used to it?  Aren't you already on other similar meds?
Kinda weird to actually feel a tad tired after a long night of sleep.  :)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #259 on: July 25, 2014, 07:52:26 AM »
Is that a long term affect until your body gets used to it?  Aren't you already on other similar meds?

I think the sedating effects are long term which is why it says on the bottle to take it at bedtime. It's a tryicyclic antidepressant used for neuropathic pain relief which I am taking with gabapentin. We're giving it two months to see if it does anything for me.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #260 on: July 25, 2014, 07:55:34 AM »
Definitely hope that finally gives you some much needed relief.  I am EVER so grateful that this is one issue I don't deal with.  I hear all y'all's stories and it sounds horrid.  Best of luck

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #261 on: July 25, 2014, 08:34:55 PM »
I often go to bed at 5 am if it's a very good book
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
  • Vegas baby!
« Reply #262 on: July 26, 2014, 04:50:41 AM »
When do we get to see pictures of your new place?  You can email them to me if you want me to post them.

If you would like to pm me your e-mail address, I will try to get them to you.  I've taken some with my cell phone and texted them to Jeff, but when I do that they come out as  a slide show, so I guess that means they cannot be posted.

I will try to e-mail them to myself, then forward them to you.  Unfortunately, I cannot find my camera, or I would have done that a while ago. 

So yes, pm me your e-mail and I'll see what I can do.  Thanks dear.  I hope you're not in too much pain from your poor leg issues. 

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline aztecan

• 29 years positive, 56 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #263 on: July 26, 2014, 10:25:09 AM »
I had some good news the other day.
I attended my 6-month doctor visit and things look OK.

Lipids are not great, but tolerable. The doctor also took me off the Advair inhaler. I am to see how it goes because he said my lungs have sounded fine for a while.
I have it on hand and am instructed to use it PRN.

So, one less med is a good thing.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline aztecan

• 29 years positive, 56 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #264 on: July 26, 2014, 10:30:38 AM »
Did I mention they diagnosed me with angina pectoris?
It is pretty stable so I don't worry much about it.

I do routinely carry nitroglycerin with me now, though.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline wolfter

« Reply #265 on: July 27, 2014, 01:07:46 AM »
 8)  sorry, im zing currently

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #266 on: July 28, 2014, 06:29:47 AM »
Mark good to have a reasonably stress free Dr appointment.

Hope the new Drugs work out for you  Miss P
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline mitch777

• wish i were here
« Reply #267 on: July 28, 2014, 07:52:21 PM »
So after a visit with my doc today I'm finally changing my meds from Isentress to Intelence. The insomnia has been getting worse even with Trazodone. Hopefully this will help although insomnia is listed as a possible side effect. I was sleeping about 12 hours on Atripla and it's been whittled down to 5 hours on Isentress. Just looking for a happy medium.

Also brought up newer research to him about the shingles vaccine. He agreed!! I don't know if he had it on hand but both of us forgot about it by the time I left the office. I'll call tomorrow and will hop on down to get the shot ASAP.

My blood work was within the norms other than that pesky high red blood cell count.

Disability attorney appointment followed and I'm beat.
31 years hiv+ (oct. 2013) with a curtsy.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #268 on: July 28, 2014, 07:53:57 PM »
Did I mention they diagnosed me with angina pectoris?
It is pretty stable so I don't worry much about it.

I do routinely carry nitroglycerin with me now, though.

HUGS,

Mark

Have they ruled all other factors for the angina?  Care of yourself buddy!

Offline wolfter

« Reply #269 on: July 28, 2014, 07:56:50 PM »
Mark, I certainly hope you see the immediate benefit like I did when switching off the Isentress.  I wish I would have waited though as I still haven't built up a reserve.  I couldn't believe how quickly I regained some of my whacked brain function....probably due to finally sleeping.

take care buddy

Offline mitch777

• wish i were here
« Reply #270 on: July 28, 2014, 08:00:52 PM »
Mark, I certainly hope you see the immediate benefit like I did when switching off the Isentress.  I wish I would have waited though as I still haven't built up a reserve.  I couldn't believe how quickly I regained some of my whacked brain function....probably due to finally sleeping.

take care buddy

Oh I'm waiting and building up a two month reserve! Acreedo is such a suck ass inept company that suffering though another two months of less sleep is nothing compared to the stress dealing with them. I happened to have enough supply of Isentress to hold me through thanks to a member here. ;)

Offline mitch777

• wish i were here
« Reply #271 on: Yesterday at 08:22:32 PM »
So it turns out that my ID doc doesn't give the shingles vaccine. Makes sense I guess since it's not contagious. They told me to contact my PC doc. They don't have it either.
They sent a script to CVS to puncture me. My how times have changed! Just a few short years ago getting anything other than a flu vaccine would be expected from ones PC.

Old fart rambling.  :P

It really doesn't matter in any case.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #272 on: Yesterday at 08:28:31 PM »
So it turns out that my ID doc doesn't give the shingles vaccine. Makes sense I guess since it's not contagious. They told me to contact my PC doc. They don't have it either.
They sent a script to CVS to puncture me. My how times have changed! Just a few short years ago getting anything other than a flu vaccine would be expected from ones PC.

Old fart rambling.  :P

It really doesn't matter in any case.

Old farts do not ramble, they rumble . 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.